Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Jokes, Stories & Games

Jokes, Stories & Games Have a good joke to tell or a story to share. How about a game to play, Post it here and share it with us.

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 12:41 PM   #1
Norfolkdave
I'm Being Punished

Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whats Better

English Real Ale or Roo Water from Australia....... Hopped beer or Organic beer that our old ponigranit drinks................ROUND ONE.

You can't read much about English beers without running into the term "real ale." While the subject encompasses more subtle issues, a basic definition can be provided in 35 words or less:

"A name for a draught (or bottled) beer brewed from traditional ingredients, matured by secondary fermentation in the container from which it is dispensed and served without the use of extraneous carbon dioxide."

The pinnacle of real ale is represented by "cask-conditioned ale"-the usual draft format for serving such products. A cask is a stainless steel (or occasionally wood) barrel which is made to be laid on its side while the beer is served. The term "cask-conditioned" indicates that secondary fermentation of the ale has taken place inside the cask.

A group called the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) in Britain has been working since 1971 to revive and preserve the traditions of "real" and "cask-conditioned" ale. Fortunately, they have been quite successful. Draft bitters and some pale ales may be "real ales" when you drink them in the UK these days.

It is hard for a U.S. consumer to understand British beer without tasting a good British ale. British ales are generally fruitier, softer, and more delicate than their U.S. counterparts, and often have more nuanced hop character. Getting a feel for what CAMRA has been able to preserve in Britain involves going further than just seeking out a pint of the ubiquitous Newcastle Brown Ale or Bass Pale Ale. In many major U.S. markets there is a thriving niche market supported by smaller importers of bottle-conditioned British ales. King and Barnes, Young & Co., and Fuller's are independent British brewers with bottle-conditioned (containing live yeast) products represented in the U.S. market. Many other labels from more eclectic, outstanding small brewers are also sporadically available. Some enterprising importers have even managed to successfully air-freight cask-conditioned (i.e., with live yeasts) real ale to the United States for a select handful of American bars.

Beyond the artisanal beers there is an increasing selection of canned and bottled English ales available to the U.S. consumer, most of which are of good quality when fresh, and represent a contrast to the styles of beer available from U.S. micros. For instance, Yorkshire brewer Samuel Smith's ales represent a good cross-section of the diversity of ale styles from England, and are readily available in well-stocked beer retail shops.

Old 05-06-2006, 03:45 PM   #2
Norfolkdave
I'm Being Punished

Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute

Youe roo water I presumehttp://www.australianbeers.com/beers...hief/htbig.jpg
Old 05-06-2006, 08:04 PM   #3
tiger50
I turned into a lurker
I Love It Here

Location: I come from a land downunder, where women glow and men plunder,can you hear,can you hear the thunder
tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like

"British ales are generally fruitier, softer, and more delicate than their U.S. counterparts"

hmmmm this is no doubt done cos the delicate pommie tummies cant handle real mens piss...
Old 05-07-2006, 05:18 AM   #4
Norfolkdave
I'm Being Punished

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger50
"British ales are generally fruitier, softer, and more delicate than their U.S. counterparts"

hmmmm this is no doubt done cos the delicate pommie tummies cant handle real mens piss...

Heh heh heh then come with me into the land of making your own beer and not gripe water you call piss
Old 05-07-2006, 05:50 AM   #5
Norfolkdave
I'm Being Punished

Default not gripe water

REAL ALE is the champagne of the beer world. Also known as traditional draught beer or cask-conditioned beer, it is a top-fermented beer that undergoes a natural secondary fermentation in the cask and is served without applied gas pressure. Most “Real Ale” pubs serve by a simple suction pump (a beer engine) that draws beer from the cask in the cellar when the handpump on the bar is pulled. The methods of brewing “real ale” produce beers of great complexity with rich fruity and hoppy aromas and flavors.

Australian......ALE

A top fermented English-style beer. Very few ales are sold commercially in Australia. The best known are Coopers Sparkling and Pale Ales.

BITTER

In Australia this is likely to be a bottom fermented lager rather than the top-fermented ale that English would call a bitter. Take XXXX Bitter as an example.

DRAUGHT

This is beer served from a keg (barrel). Beer that is available at a pub as draught is said to be "on tap". Some bottled beers are labelled "draught", presumably the brewery tried to capture the taste of the draught product.

So its to the taste we have to look, and australian gripe water is like a pithy diluted lemon barley water, all hype no flow and has to be cold
Old 05-07-2006, 06:59 AM   #6
tiger50
I turned into a lurker
I Love It Here

Location: I come from a land downunder, where women glow and men plunder,can you hear,can you hear the thunder
tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like

mate when the temp has riesn to 38 deg c in the fukkin shade , i challenge u ta drink warm pommie piss...lol
Old 05-07-2006, 08:36 AM   #7
sex_kitten_4u
Flirting Goddess

sex_kitten_4u has a reputation beyond repute sex_kitten_4u has a reputation beyond repute sex_kitten_4u has a reputation beyond repute sex_kitten_4u has a reputation beyond repute sex_kitten_4u has a reputation beyond repute sex_kitten_4u has a reputation beyond repute sex_kitten_4u has a reputation beyond repute sex_kitten_4u has a reputation beyond repute sex_kitten_4u has a reputation beyond repute sex_kitten_4u has a reputation beyond repute sex_kitten_4u has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norfolkdave
Heh heh heh then come with me into the land of making your own beer and not gripe water you call piss
carefull now dave witht hat home made beer i made some years ago and omg it was real strong a friend hd 6 pints and was totally pissed his legs when one way while he tried to go the other was a good night
Old 05-07-2006, 12:46 PM   #8
Norfolkdave
I'm Being Punished

Quote:
Originally Posted by sex_kitten_4u
carefull now dave witht hat home made beer i made some years ago and omg it was real strong a friend hd 6 pints and was totally pissed his legs when one way while he tried to go the other was a good night
Yes homemade beer is good, Im truly careful and only have about 4 pints, its lethal. About 15 years ago when I made some and we were living in a place called Dorking Surrey, I msade some and we were going strawberry picking after dinner, LOL the strawberries certainly looked big and brash and juicy, night time saw the mobile home go round like a fair ride. Yes home made ale is bloody good brew and cheaper approx now 35p per pint.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:47 PM   #9
Norfolkdave
I'm Being Punished

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger50
mate when the temp has riesn to 38 deg c in the fukkin shade , i challenge u ta drink warm pommie piss...lol
Ahh now, yes I agree, but we also drink real ale when bottled cool you know too.
Closed Thread