Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Junk Drawer

Junk Drawer If you have nothing constructive to say then this is the place to say it. Happy Birthdays would fit well here.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:53 AM   #26
Dahlia
Je ne sais quoi

Thanked 3,114 Times in 2,497 Posts
Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like

the night sky is amazing...I have gazed many a night lost in the magnificence of it all.
Dahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dahlia For This Useful Post:
Aradia (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 09:18 AM   #27
TomIAm
Ask me about my mudhole

Thanked 17,194 Times in 9,996 Posts
TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like

one of my 'wish list' items when the disposable income situation improves is a serious telescope. I love astronomy.
Aradia (07-18-2012), Bailey~* (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #28
Bailey~*
earning Valhalla

Thanked 8,977 Times in 5,068 Posts
Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like

^ me too. I've wanted a nice one since I was little. Even more cool would be to find property with an old silo that could be converted into an astronomy tower.

The best place I ever lived for star gazing was Santa Fe. My adobe had a flat roof and I could reach it by climbing out my bedroom window. I'd go lay out there as often as possible.

The next best place is where I live now. My backyard is super dark, and we're away from major city lights, so star gazing is amazing. We have two giant benches in our yard, each made from a large split tree. They're big enough I can lay full down on one and enjoy the show.

If there's a meteor shower in the middle of the night, I always set my alarm and go peek outside, then go back to sleep.The next one is August 11.

http://stardate.org/nightsky/meteors
Bailey~* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bailey~* For This Useful Post:
Aradia (07-18-2012), Chrysalis. (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #29
BlueSky1234
Just being me

Thanked 12,903 Times in 9,405 Posts
BlueSky1234 Is God Like BlueSky1234 Is God Like BlueSky1234 Is God Like BlueSky1234 Is God Like BlueSky1234 Is God Like BlueSky1234 Is God Like BlueSky1234 Is God Like BlueSky1234 Is God Like BlueSky1234 Is God Like BlueSky1234 Is God Like BlueSky1234 Is God Like

I too love astronomy. I have a telescope too, I enjoy just sitting outside on a dark night gazing up at the stars.
BlueSky1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSky1234 For This Useful Post:
Aradia (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #30
Bailey~*
earning Valhalla

Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like

This is a nice comprehensive site for people who want to take their passion a step further and actually build a backyard observatory(or just see how cool other people's are). Most the examples are rolling roof, or rolling shed style.. but some ore dome style. There are links to fabricate ones yourself, and also links to prefabs.

http://obs.nineplanets.org/obs/obslist.html

One science class I had in college was taught by a father and son who cotaught the class. The son had a small home observatory, and fairly young had made a major astronomy discovery which he got to name. He said it was actually something that was pretty easy to discover, it had just taken ready availability to equipment where he had access to put patient time observing into.. Also since it was his own observatory, he had no specific agenda on where he needed to be looking.. That allowed him to be looking in areas of night sky big observatories might not be focused on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bailey~* For This Useful Post:
artemis (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #31
Big O
Flirting God

Thanked 3,690 Times in 3,073 Posts
Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like

I live to close to the city to really see anything besides the moon and satellites,
Although a few years ago I was camping in the Keys. My son and I were fishing off the bank and had our beach chairs. It's amazing how much you can see when the sky is dark.
Big O is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Big O For This Useful Post:
Aradia (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #32
IL*flirt31
Flirting God

Thanked 4,524 Times in 3,253 Posts
IL*flirt31 Is God Like IL*flirt31 Is God Like IL*flirt31 Is God Like IL*flirt31 Is God Like IL*flirt31 Is God Like IL*flirt31 Is God Like IL*flirt31 Is God Like IL*flirt31 Is God Like IL*flirt31 Is God Like IL*flirt31 Is God Like IL*flirt31 Is God Like

I love the stars and whenever I get a chance (live too close to the city) to view them I do. About a year ago I was in a somewhat long distance relationship. He lived too far to see each other everynight so we spoke on the phone quite a bit. We would both sit outside with phone in hand, point out the same constellations and planets and it made us feel closer. I still think of that now when I look up at the night sky.
IL*flirt31 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IL*flirt31 For This Useful Post:
Aradia (07-18-2012), Bailey~* (07-18-2012), BlueSky1234 (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #33
NYYlvr
First Due

Thanked 1,863 Times in 1,481 Posts
NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like

I was once told by someone pretty special, that we "share" the moon. If either of us was ever feeling apart to look at the moon, to remember the other.

Since that day, I have always looked at the moon differently.
NYYlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NYYlvr For This Useful Post:
Aradia (07-18-2012), Bailey~* (07-18-2012), DomesticDiva (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #34
TomIAm
Ask me about my mudhole

Thanked 17,194 Times in 9,996 Posts
TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey~* View Post
This is a nice comprehensive site for people who want to take their passion a step further and actually build a backyard observatory(or just see how cool other people's are). Most the examples are rolling roof, or rolling shed style.. but some ore dome style. There are links to fabricate ones yourself, and also links to prefabs.

http://obs.nineplanets.org/obs/obslist.html

One science class I had in college was taught by a father and son who cotaught the class. The son had a small home observatory, and fairly young had made a major astronomy discovery which he got to name. He said it was actually something that was pretty easy to discover, it had just taken ready availability to equipment where he had access to put patient time observing into.. Also since it was his own observatory, he had no specific agenda on where he needed to be looking.. That allowed him to be looking in areas of night sky big observatories might not be focused on.
I built a backyard observatory but the police made me take it down after the neighbors complained that the telescope was never pointed at the sky.
Aradia (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #35
Bailey~*
earning Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomIAm View Post
I built a backyard observatory but the police made me take it down after the neighbors complained that the telescope was never pointed at the sky.
Why didn't I see that joke coming? It made me laugh out loud like a goof. I just put on my pith helmet and use my binoculars and say I'm bird watching.. which is a little hard to explain when it's night time
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bailey~* For This Useful Post:
artemis (07-18-2012), TomIAm (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #36
artemis
irretrievable

Thanked 11,115 Times in 8,072 Posts
artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like

My father-in-law has been interested in Astronomy for a while now & has identified a star & he had his findings published in an astronomy journal. He is currently writing a book on astronomy as well.

But I am with Tom & Bailey & my ornithology... Binoculars... since age 17 !

artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to artemis For This Useful Post:
Aradia (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #37
MishMash
Fire Starter

Thanked 7,373 Times in 4,590 Posts
MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomIAm View Post
That's why I started using a periscope. You can always leave it tilting up.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #38
texaswildflower
Super Flirt

texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute

This is a hobby of mine. Now my geekdom will shine thru...lol. That's not too sexy huh! HA! I have a Celestron AstroMaster Telescope and de-stress some evenings by charting or just plane dreaming...it's beautiful either way.
texaswildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to texaswildflower For This Useful Post:
Aradia (07-18-2012), Bailey~* (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #39
Chrysalis.
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 8,909 Times in 6,216 Posts
Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like

The best place for me to gaze at the stars is on the dock. Listening to the water while looking at the sky, a black canvas littered with sparkling diamonds. Certainly a work of art. It gives me a greater appreciation for life, as it leaves me to ponder my existence.
Chrysalis. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chrysalis. For This Useful Post:
Aradia (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #40
Bailey~*
earning Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswildflower View Post
This is a hobby of mine. Now my geekdom will shine thru...lol. That's not too sexy huh! HA! I have a Celestron AstroMaster Telescope and de-stress some evenings by charting or just plane dreaming...it's beautiful either way.
Welcome to sexy Geekville I can now admit that I was tickled to see this thread because it corresponds with the current Jules Verne slide show I've had on my computer desk top all week.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bailey~* For This Useful Post:
Aradia (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #41
texaswildflower
Super Flirt

texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute texaswildflower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Welcome to sexy Geekville I can now admit that I was tickled to see this thread because it corresponds with the current Jules Verne slide show I've had on my computer desk top all week.
Well that's just astronomically sexy, but why am I transfixed with that rocket pop pic in your signature! LOL
Old 07-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #42
Bailey~*
earning Valhalla

Quote:
Well that's just astronomically sexy, but why am I transfixed with that rocket pop pic in your signature! LOL

lol.. Yeah, that wasn't very subtle innuendo on my part was it?
Old 07-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #43
texaswildflower
Super Flirt

Quote:
lol.. Yeah, that wasn't very subtle innuendo on my part was it?
That whole signature tells quite a story actually...hmmm, you tend to prefer CUMulus clouds, *cough* things that roar with your behind near rocket pops? LOL Wow! :P
The Following User Says Thank You to texaswildflower For This Useful Post:
Bailey~* (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #44
Aradia
Court Jester

Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,044 Posts
Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Geeky is sexy darlin
Aradia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aradia For This Useful Post:
texaswildflower (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #45
JonJon62.
Flirting God

Thanked 1,410 Times in 1,125 Posts
JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like

I always look at the night sky, thinking about the fact that I'm looking back in time ... Since that light hitting my eyes left the stars long ago. I think about time, and what I would have done differently if given he chance to go back.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:44 AM   #46
Aradia
Court Jester

Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute

I want someone to stare at the stars with. I think thats the end game at the end of it all. I mean whats better right? Nothing
The Following User Says Thank You to Aradia For This Useful Post:
EasyGrin (07-19-2012)
Old 07-19-2012, 12:50 AM   #47
EasyGrin
Flirt In Waiting
I Love It Here

EasyGrin Is God Like EasyGrin Is God Like EasyGrin Is God Like EasyGrin Is God Like EasyGrin Is God Like EasyGrin Is God Like EasyGrin Is God Like EasyGrin Is God Like EasyGrin Is God Like EasyGrin Is God Like EasyGrin Is God Like

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
In all of the directions it can whizz
As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know,
Twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.
So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth,
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.
EasyGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EasyGrin For This Useful Post:
Aradia (07-19-2012), BlueSky1234 (07-19-2012), texaswildflower (07-19-2012)
Old 07-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #48
Aradia
Court Jester

Oh! And the northern lights are effin amazing! Was watching them last night and they were awesome!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aradia For This Useful Post:
Chrysalis. (07-22-2012), texaswildflower (07-22-2012)
Old 07-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #49
texaswildflower
Super Flirt

Awesome! I wish I was in a proper location to do so, a bucket list item of mine is to camp directly underneath them, in Norway. How cool would that be! :-D
The Following User Says Thank You to texaswildflower For This Useful Post:
Aradia (07-22-2012)
Old 07-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #50
Chrysalis.
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 8,909 Times in 6,216 Posts
Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradia View Post
Oh! And the northern lights are effin amazing! Was watching them last night and they were awesome!
You're so lucky! I will be up north this week and I am hoping to see them.
Chrysalis. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chrysalis. For This Useful Post:
Aradia (07-22-2012)

Tags
falling star , gazer , shooting star , sky , star