Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Married And Flirting Polls

Married And Flirting Polls This where we will put all the polls. Good way to keep them from getting lost in the main forums.

Poll: Are you healthy?
Poll Options
Are you healthy?

Old 02-09-2007, 01:04 PM   #1
Jy
Retired
I Love It Here

Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like
Default Are you healthy?

Health and fitness isn't a dress size. It's about how you feel -your energy level, your resting heart rate, cholesterol level, etc.
Are you happy with your health? Do you need to make some changes, or are you doing all the right things? Are you a candidate for heart disease? Diabetes? Are you long overdue for a check up with your doctor?
Let's talk about it and see what subtle changes you can make to improve your overall health.
Jy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #2
yaser
Flirting God

Thanked 1,467 Times in 1,421 Posts
yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jy
Health and fitness isn't a dress size. It's about how you feel -your energy level, your resting heart rate, cholesterol level, etc.
Are you happy with your health? Do you need to make some changes, or are you doing all the right things? Are you a candidate for heart disease? Diabetes? Are you long overdue for a check up with your doctor?
Let's talk about it and see what subtle changes you can make to improve your overall health.
Jy, you must your hands on me..Otherwise I cannot know if I am healthy or not.

Last edited by MCat; 03-04-2008 at 09:44 PM.
yaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:10 PM   #3
twoblues
(.)(.)

Thanked 1,519 Times in 796 Posts
twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like

Sure, I'm healthy, though I could do more by eating a healthier diet with more vegetables and less junk.

My main issue tends to be my gym attendance which is "streaky". I'll go pretty diligently for a while then not go for a while. Though, usually, my absence is due to personal obligations because I do enjoy going to the gym and how I feel after going.

My main goal this year is cardio cardio cardio. Never been a good runner, but biking might be in my future. My problem is that I tend to gain that "extra weight" pretty easily if I don't go the gym, but the good news is that I shed it pretty quickly if I try to.

I foresee some subtle changes in this year. I've already begun recording my work outs and trying to track improvements which will help me push myself. Now I just need to tweak my diet to get me over that hump.
twoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:13 PM   #4
Shiane
Flirting God

Shiane Is God Like Shiane Is God Like Shiane Is God Like Shiane Is God Like Shiane Is God Like Shiane Is God Like Shiane Is God Like Shiane Is God Like Shiane Is God Like Shiane Is God Like Shiane Is God Like

I don't think the majority of people are as healthy as they should be. Most of us eat the wrong food, we have bad habits and don't exercise like we should. Everyone can make and should make changes, it ain't easy......... I know!

A few weeks ago a 40 year old guy had a 4 vessel Bypass. He didn't smoke, he didn't drink, he ran 5 miles a day, had ripped muscles and was a black belt in Karate........ Jesus is there any hope for the rest of us?
Shiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:20 PM   #5
Jy
Retired
I Love It Here

Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like

Yes, sometimes it's about your family history. MY BIL had a double bypass three years ago. He's the healthiest person I know. Late 50's, national tennis champ, hasn't eaten a speck of junk food in his life. His doctor said if it wasn't for his level of fitness he would have dropped dead a decade ago though. Preventive is crucial, folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiane
I don't think the majority of people are as healthy as they should be. Most of us eat the wrong food, we have bad habits and don't exercise like we should. Everyone can make and should make changes, it ain't easy......... I know!

A few weeks ago a 40 year old guy had a 4 vessel Bypass. He didn't smoke, he didn't drink, he ran 5 miles a day, had ripped muscles and was a black belt in Karate........ Jesus is there any hope for the rest of us?
Old 02-09-2007, 01:27 PM   #6
MIGHTY
It's all real...

MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like
I haven't seen a doctor in a few years. They see my history and think I'm a hypocondriac sp? . I need to find one that can suit my needs. The last one I had assumed that I was blowing my symptoms out of proportion....until he realized that I had a bronchial infection.....

1. Never take your comfort for granted. It can change in a moment's notice.

2. Always be yourself and never apologize for who you are or who you have become internally. One person's trash is always another's treasure.

3. Believe in your heart. Believe in love, in life, in new beginnings.

4. Never have regrets. Learn from your mistakes and misfortunes. Know that life is one big test. You can pass it if you learn from the pop quizzes along the way.
MIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:30 PM   #7
p.J
Flirting God

p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jy
mmmm! I am happy generally with my health ... I eat well in the week and exercise each day... I am even too energetic some would say! However... and yes there is one...

Um! come the weekend, we often see friends and open a bottle of Rioja (red wine) or 5 (binge drinking?)and we always always have a Curry or something as equally decadent... all in moderation is my motto, and if I want to indulge occasionally then so be it... as when Monday comes around I am back in the gym and for dinner I open a packet of cous cous!!!

Check ups? Blimey in this country you have to wait months for an appointment! I am particular bad at having 'well women' check-ups though.

Last edited by MCat; 03-04-2008 at 09:45 PM.
p.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:41 PM   #8
Jy
Retired
I Love It Here

You probably know the risks of bingeing, Jen, so I won't go into details, especially because you already know your areas of weakness (seems wrong somehow to use that term when talking about you, but you know what I mean... )

Everything in moderation, my dear, even for elite athletes. And well balanced eating too. Throw some veggies in your couscous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.J.
mmmm! I am happy generally with my health ... I eat well in the week and exercise each day... I am even too energetic some would say! However... and yes there is one...

Um! come the weekend, we often see friends and open a bottle of Rioja (red wine) or 5 (binge drinking?)and we always always have a Curry or something as equally decadent... all in moderation is my motto, and if I want to indulge occasionally then so be it... as when Monday comes around I am back in the gym and for dinner I open a packet of cous cous!!!

Check ups? Blimey in this country you have to wait months for an appointment! I am particular bad at having 'well women' check-ups though.

Last edited by MCat; 03-04-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:42 PM   #9
p.J
Flirting God

p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like p.J Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jy
You probably know the risks of bingeing, Jen, so I won't go into details, especially because you already know your areas of weakness (seems wrong somehow to use that term when talking about you, but you know what I mean... )

Everything in moderation, my dear, even for elite athletes. And well balanced eating too. Throw some veggies in your couscous!
I will ...

Last edited by MCat; 03-04-2008 at 09:47 PM.
p.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:47 PM   #10
Polo38
Flirting God

Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute

I have worked out since i was 15, and though i'm not into body building any more, i try to stay in shape, which includes eating right. But now in my 40's i have started to turn to pilates as a means to strength all my muscles. But even with all of this, I have to agree with you jazzy that family history has a lot to do with it.
Polo38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:59 PM   #11
Willy S
conferring

Willy S has a reputation beyond repute Willy S has a reputation beyond repute Willy S has a reputation beyond repute Willy S has a reputation beyond repute Willy S has a reputation beyond repute Willy S has a reputation beyond repute Willy S has a reputation beyond repute Willy S has a reputation beyond repute Willy S has a reputation beyond repute Willy S has a reputation beyond repute Willy S has a reputation beyond repute

pretty much - hardly ever get sick (even a little)
Willy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:59 PM   #12
Wil
Flirting God

Wil has a reputation beyond repute Wil has a reputation beyond repute Wil has a reputation beyond repute Wil has a reputation beyond repute Wil has a reputation beyond repute Wil has a reputation beyond repute Wil has a reputation beyond repute Wil has a reputation beyond repute Wil has a reputation beyond repute Wil has a reputation beyond repute Wil has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

Jazzy sweet...hope you are well...as long as you are our resident "fitness guru"...I though I might ask your advice on something...I have type II diabetes so Iím on a no sugar low carb diet. Quit drink alcohol and the blood sugar is near normal with the help of exercise, oral meds and diet. Weight is steady and everything else is normal. Question: how does an old bastard like me build muscle mass on a veggie/protein diet without carbs? If anyone else is in the same boat...and can enlighten me...I'd be grateful...

Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:22 PM   #13
OnlyOneMan
A Pretty Good Guy

OnlyOneMan has a reputation beyond repute OnlyOneMan has a reputation beyond repute OnlyOneMan has a reputation beyond repute OnlyOneMan has a reputation beyond repute OnlyOneMan has a reputation beyond repute OnlyOneMan has a reputation beyond repute OnlyOneMan has a reputation beyond repute OnlyOneMan has a reputation beyond repute OnlyOneMan has a reputation beyond repute OnlyOneMan has a reputation beyond repute OnlyOneMan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I do my best to stay healthy, but I could do more.
OnlyOneMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:30 PM   #14
JCcanU
Super Flirt

JCcanU has a reputation beyond repute JCcanU has a reputation beyond repute JCcanU has a reputation beyond repute JCcanU has a reputation beyond repute JCcanU has a reputation beyond repute JCcanU has a reputation beyond repute JCcanU has a reputation beyond repute JCcanU has a reputation beyond repute JCcanU has a reputation beyond repute JCcanU has a reputation beyond repute JCcanU has a reputation beyond repute

I walk about 20 miles a week, I smoke way more then I should Have not had a cold or flu in 8 years . my coleteral was fine no high blood presher, I gaind 20 pounds sence May I cant seen to get rid of even eating salid and fruit insted of chips or pop corn. guess its better to be 30 pounds over weight then sick or have other ishues
JCcanU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:54 PM   #15
suzie147
Flirting Goddess

suzie147 has a reputation beyond repute suzie147 has a reputation beyond repute suzie147 has a reputation beyond repute suzie147 has a reputation beyond repute suzie147 has a reputation beyond repute suzie147 has a reputation beyond repute suzie147 has a reputation beyond repute suzie147 has a reputation beyond repute suzie147 has a reputation beyond repute suzie147 has a reputation beyond repute suzie147 has a reputation beyond repute

Well Jy, I have worked out my whole life - it is kinda like a drug for me - the days that I don't do anything - I don't feel as good. If I can't get to the gym I go on my treadmill for an hour in the morning - then walk the dog at night.

I recently lost a bit of weight and I feel so much better... it was never the lack of exercise that was my problem - it was that I was just eating more calories than I burned. When I started Weight Watchers and lost the weight - I finally got rid of it. I take vitamins every day - although I have a friend who tells me that much of it is not doing anything for me - I don't care... I still take my vitamins. I even go for regular annual check-ups.

My issue is that I drink WAY too much COFFEE!! I am a coffee-holic. I can drink coffee right before bed and sleep like a baby. This habit I just cannot stop... I am addicted...

Last edited by MCat; 03-04-2008 at 09:47 PM.
suzie147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:22 AM   #16
GaMan
Like my Ass?

GaMan has a reputation beyond repute GaMan has a reputation beyond repute GaMan has a reputation beyond repute GaMan has a reputation beyond repute GaMan has a reputation beyond repute GaMan has a reputation beyond repute GaMan has a reputation beyond repute GaMan has a reputation beyond repute GaMan has a reputation beyond repute GaMan has a reputation beyond repute GaMan has a reputation beyond repute

I try very hard to stay healthy...but I do love my sweets! I excercise frequently...So, I justify something sweet every now and then.
GaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:12 AM   #17
sexntexx
Flirting God

sexntexx has a reputation beyond repute sexntexx has a reputation beyond repute sexntexx has a reputation beyond repute sexntexx has a reputation beyond repute sexntexx has a reputation beyond repute sexntexx has a reputation beyond repute sexntexx has a reputation beyond repute sexntexx has a reputation beyond repute sexntexx has a reputation beyond repute sexntexx has a reputation beyond repute sexntexx has a reputation beyond repute

I just had a physical last week and except for the part where they stick there finger up my BoBo (ass) all went well. All of the cholesterols have fallen dramtically and I have lost 7 pounds in the last three months. Now with the shoulder surgery last January and still in Phys Therapy twice a week you can guess that my gym time is non excistent.
sexntexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:23 AM   #18
oldandnaked
Flirting God

Thanked 7,356 Times in 4,838 Posts
oldandnaked Is God Like oldandnaked Is God Like oldandnaked Is God Like oldandnaked Is God Like oldandnaked Is God Like oldandnaked Is God Like oldandnaked Is God Like oldandnaked Is God Like oldandnaked Is God Like oldandnaked Is God Like oldandnaked Is God Like

If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken much better care of myself. Now it's all damage control. I no longer smoke, cigarettes or pot. I've cut my alcohol consumption down considerably, I exercise on a regular basis, try, not always successfully, to eat right. Life was so much fun before they discovered how everything we do that's enjoyable will kill you.
oldandnaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:26 AM   #19
MCat
Flirting Goddess

Thanked 1,264 Times in 824 Posts
MCat has disabled reputation

I could be healthier...trying....but I seem to be stuck right now. At least I'm stuck in a size smaller pants than I was a few months ago.

Wish I would have taken time for myself years ago.
MCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:54 AM   #20
RedVixen
On hiatus....

RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like

According to my physician I'm healthy. Hopefully if I stay on the same path I will continue to be, so that is my plan.

RedVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:01 AM   #21
yaser
Flirting God

yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVixen
According to my physician I'm healthy. Hopefully if I stay on the same path I will continue to be, so that is my plan.
Honey, if you keep your mental and body health in a good health, your plan will be realized..My philosophy is not to run after a train and a woman...Cuz I am sure one other comes after..
Old 08-05-2007, 11:14 AM   #22
P.R.
Super Flirt

P.R. has a reputation beyond repute P.R. has a reputation beyond repute P.R. has a reputation beyond repute P.R. has a reputation beyond repute P.R. has a reputation beyond repute P.R. has a reputation beyond repute P.R. has a reputation beyond repute P.R. has a reputation beyond repute P.R. has a reputation beyond repute P.R. has a reputation beyond repute P.R. has a reputation beyond repute

My Dr. tells me I am healthy, he did tell me to stop smoking, I only smoke a pack every two to three days. But I guess I should quit.
P.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:20 AM   #23
yaser
Flirting God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCat
I could be healthier...trying....but I seem to be stuck right now. At least I'm stuck in a size smaller pants than I was a few months ago.

Wish I would have taken time for myself years ago.
Honey, better than never..No worry..You are such an intelligent and wise lady saves her ship during any storm..
Old 08-05-2007, 11:28 AM   #24
cherokeered
this space for rent
I Love It Here

cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like

actually I am not too bad.....my blood tests are always good...never a sugar issue, except for it being low sometimes.....cholesteral is not an issue....had a nuclear stress test....was told by the cardiologist she doesnt expect to ever see me again....lol

so think I may live...lol
cherokeered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:24 PM   #25
alex187
I Like Flirting

alex187 is infamous around these parts alex187 is infamous around these parts alex187 is infamous around these parts alex187 is infamous around these parts alex187 is infamous around these parts alex187 is infamous around these parts alex187 is infamous around these parts alex187 is infamous around these parts alex187 is infamous around these parts alex187 is infamous around these parts alex187 is infamous around these parts

i bench 300lbs
alex187 is offline   Reply With Quote