Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Sports For Flirts

Sports For Flirts Talk about your favorite sport here. Yes even golf and Nascar are considered a spot in here.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:02 PM   #1701
msu
All In....

Thanked 7,358 Times in 6,206 Posts
msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like

I'll be happy no matter who wins the World Series. I hope it goes seven.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:49 PM   #1702
Mrs.Suthernbell
Married And Flirting

Mrs.Suthernbell has a reputation beyond repute Mrs.Suthernbell has a reputation beyond repute Mrs.Suthernbell has a reputation beyond repute Mrs.Suthernbell has a reputation beyond repute Mrs.Suthernbell has a reputation beyond repute Mrs.Suthernbell has a reputation beyond repute Mrs.Suthernbell has a reputation beyond repute Mrs.Suthernbell has a reputation beyond repute Mrs.Suthernbell has a reputation beyond repute Mrs.Suthernbell has a reputation beyond repute Mrs.Suthernbell has a reputation beyond repute

I'm good with either team, but I am pulling for the Astros! I had them & the Cards going to the WS, but I guess half ain't bad!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs.Suthernbell For This Useful Post:
msu (10-23-2019)
Old 11-02-2019, 09:44 PM   #1703
hikergeek
The invisible man

Thanked 1,076 Times in 938 Posts
hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu View Post
I'll be happy no matter who wins the World Series. I hope it goes seven.
I guess you got your wish!!

-Carl Sagan
hikergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:34 PM   #1704
msu
All In....

Thanked 7,358 Times in 6,206 Posts
msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikergeek View Post
I guess you got your wish!!
Yes, I did!

Great comeback, and though I'm not a Nats fan, I'm happy for their fans, one especially.

Fantastic story that baseball really needed.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:39 PM   #1705
LuckySometime
Organ Donor

Thanked 3,127 Times in 2,361 Posts
LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like

Day 2 of the weirdest baseball season ever. Did you know about the free baserunner rule?

On opening day my team already had to go to extra innings and in the 10th inning, before a pitch has been thrown, there's a guy in scoring position (second base) already.

The new rule is this: After nine innings if the game is tied, every inning starts with a baserunner on second. The intention is to make it harder to end up with a 14 or 18 inning game.

Is this specifically for the short 2020 season or is it permanent?
Old 07-25-2020, 09:11 PM   #1706
bryan3636
A legend in my own mind

Thanked 5,590 Times in 3,990 Posts
bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySometime View Post
Day 2 of the weirdest baseball season ever. Did you know about the free baserunner rule?

On opening day my team already had to go to extra innings and in the 10th inning, before a pitch has been thrown, there's a guy in scoring position (second base) already.

The new rule is this: After nine innings if the game is tied, every inning starts with a baserunner on second. The intention is to make it harder to end up with a 14 or 18 inning game.

Is this specifically for the short 2020 season or is it permanent?

Just for this year!
bryan3636 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bryan3636 For This Useful Post:
LuckySometime (07-25-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 01:52 AM   #1707
LuckySometime
Organ Donor

LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like

Who benefits from the short season?

My team is well known as a late season competitor. I think that comes from the number of newer and younger players -- which itself comes from a lower payroll.

I think big money teams like the Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers, etc have an advantage because they can accumulate and keep expensive players.

Do big-money teams have an even greater advantage this year compared to a regular season?
Old 07-28-2020, 12:44 PM   #1708
bryan3636
A legend in my own mind

Thanked 5,590 Times in 3,990 Posts
bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like

I've had the opinion that MLB, NBA, NFL, NCAA may start their seasons but none will finish them. I'm not trying to be Mr Pessimist but there is so much we don't know about this pandemic that what seem to be the best plans of safety will ultimately fail. Through no fault of their own the leagues are doing whatever they can think of to generate income and while most players want to play the reality is that it only takes one lapse in judgement to screw the whole thing up. We're playing with a house of cards that will inevitably fall down. I love and need sports in my life and I hope I'm wrong but the last 5 months paint a completely different picture.
bryan3636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:57 PM   #1709
LuckySometime
Organ Donor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan3636 View Post
I've had the opinion that MLB, NBA, NFL, NCAA may start their seasons but none will finish them. I'm not trying to be Mr Pessimist but there is so much we don't know about this pandemic that what seem to be the best plans of safety will ultimately fail. Through no fault of their own the leagues are doing whatever they can think of to generate income and while most players want to play the reality is that it only takes one lapse in judgement to screw the whole thing up. We're playing with a house of cards that will inevitably fall down. I love and need sports in my life and I hope I'm wrong but the last 5 months paint a completely different picture.
You're probably right unfortunately. We haven't even gotten through one week and 14 Miami Marlins tested positive for Covid already, which means they had to postpone their own home opener, and that affected the schedules of 2 other teams: the team they were supposed to play yesterday, and the team whose park they just visited. So it's week 1 of a 10 week season and 3 teams are already struggling to even play their games.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:36 PM   #1710
LuckySometime
Organ Donor

This weird season did something interesting. It created 3 leagues out of 1.

Since I don't know when -- 2002? 1998? -- it's been one league. American League playing regular season games against the National League. By the time the World Series rolled around the two teams might very well have played against each other 6 or 12 games in the regular season.

This year, because of travel concerns in a coronavirus world, it's not American and National at all, it's Western, Central, and Eastern. Western division teams have played only Western division teams, the league didn't matter.

When division champions meet in the League playoffs it will be the first time they will have played this year. That by itself will make it more interesting. The Central looks really good. But they've only played Central teams. Are they really that good? Add in the natural rivalry of Central/Midwest vs East coast, or West coast vs East coast, it's going to be fun. Right?