Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Married And Flirting Polls

Married And Flirting Polls This where we will put all the polls. Good way to keep them from getting lost in the main forums.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:31 PM   #1
NorthWesterner
Super Flirt

NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute
Default When did you first realize you were a man?

Similar topic to this, but for the brothers in the house.

I've always felt there's a difference between being an adult male, and being a man. I'm talking about knowing
  • Honor
  • The difference between blame and responsibility
  • the difference between the power of execution and the power of restraint
  • Leadership
  • Etc...

When was that moment for you?

Ladies: Have you ever met/loved a real man? When was that?

Last edited by NorthWesterner; 06-11-2015 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Updating for the ladies
NorthWesterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:33 PM   #2
Fwd40s
Flirting With Disaster

Thanked 3,552 Times in 3,054 Posts
Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like

Last time was when I got kicked out of the woman's bathroom in Vegas after having too much to drink.
NorthWesterner (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 12:35 PM   #3
NorthWesterner
Super Flirt

NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute NorthWesterner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwd40s View Post
Last time was when I got kicked out of the woman's bathroom in Vegas after having too much to drink.
Or at least what you thought was a woman. Vegas is a crazy town.
The Following User Says Thank You to NorthWesterner For This Useful Post:
Fwd40s (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 12:55 PM   #4
light71
Mostly harmless...

Thanked 2,593 Times in 2,019 Posts
light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like

Started to feel it when my dad passed away, the sudden feeling I had to try and be more like him. I was 21.

But it really hit home when my first child was born, a son, and we gave him my late father's name. Then I realized I had to try and be as good a father as mine had been and do it without being able to go to dad for advice. Then I really started replaying every moral lesson, every bit of advice I had ever been given and they all hit a little harder and cut a little deeper. I feel it still, to this day. My son has grown into an amazing young man but I still feel like there's so much I haven't taught him yet.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:02 PM   #5
NorthWesterner
Super Flirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by light71 View Post
Started to feel it when my dad passed away, the sudden feeling I had to try and be more like him. I was 21.

But it really hit home when my first child was born, a son, and we gave him my late father's name. Then I realized I had to try and be as good a father as mine had been and do it without being able to go to dad for advice. Then I really started replaying every moral lesson, every bit of advice I had ever been given and they all hit a little harder and cut a little deeper. I feel it still, to this day. My son has grown into an amazing young man but I still feel like there's so much I haven't taught him yet.
That's very deep sir. Thanks for sharing.

I'd say much of the same for me. It was when my daughter was born. Things became so much more real. My dad wasn't necessarily bad, but he was lacking in many areas. I recognized that his dad (my grandpa) was the same way, as was his father before him (my great grandpa). There's a pretty long history of neglect/taking for granted in my family. I decided then that it would happen no more. When my dad dies that will be the last of those men. I am a new man, and I don't have to fit in my dad's shoes. They wouldn't fit me physically (I have larger feet than him), then why should they fit metaphorically?

Now that I'm a daddy of a girl and a boy it occurred to me that I am the prototype of the man that my daughter will marry, and the prototype of the man my son will become.

The thing to remember about prototypes is that the next generation is supposed to be better than the predecessor. This is my prayer for my children.
The Following User Says Thank You to NorthWesterner For This Useful Post:
light71 (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 02:51 PM   #6
light71
Mostly harmless...

Thanked 2,593 Times in 2,019 Posts
light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like light71 Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWesterner View Post
Now that I'm a daddy of a girl and a boy it occurred to me that I am the prototype of the man that my daughter will marry, and the prototype of the man my son will become.

The thing to remember about prototypes is that the next generation is supposed to be better than the predecessor. This is my prayer for my children.
Exactly. No matter how hard I try, even if I hit every mark I set for myself, I will always hope my kids do better still.

And my daughter damn well better marry better than her dad. He's kind of a pervert.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:21 PM   #7
.Cotties
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 5,684 Times in 4,376 Posts
.Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like

Quote:

I've always felt there's a difference between being an adult male, and being a man. I'm talking about knowing
  • Honor
  • Leadership
  • Etc...

I liked the other one.
.Cotties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:27 PM   #8
SophieC
Cake please

Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,555 Posts
SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like

Quote:

• Honor
  • Leadership
  • Etc...

Not to rain on your parade like a big girl, but what makes the above qualities gender specific? I understand what you mean about moving from boyhood to manhood - but those of us with boobs and no Adams apple have a familiarity with the above too.

Also, I realised I was a man when I had to have my own adams apple worked on to continue living my life as a lady.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:35 PM   #9
.Cotties
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

.Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieC View Post
Not to rain on your parade like a big girl, but what makes the above qualities gender specific? I understand what you mean about moving from boyhood to manhood - but those of us with boobs and no Adams apple have a familiarity with the above too.

Also, I realised I was a man when I had to have my own adams apple worked on to continue living my life as a lady.
I've heard the process is called to get it shaved.

I don't get it, how do they remove it.

I realised I was a man when a woman put the dirty and old bit in front.

no no..my mother use to call me a brave little man..... aged 5 maybe
Old 06-11-2015, 03:43 PM   #10
SophieC
Cake please

Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,555 Posts
SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotties View Post
I've heard the process is called to get it shaved.

I don't get it, how do they remove it.

I realised I was a man when a woman put the dirty and old bit in front.

no no..my mother use to call me a brave little man..... aged 5 maybe
Maybe you've found the actual answer.

In my experience the prefix for boyhood is "dirty wee"... And that for adulthood, "dirty old". You've solved the riddle.

And as for the adams apple question, I have a very understanding manicurist who bought an industrial sander to help me out. It smarts a bit, but you get used to it.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:59 PM   #11
NorthWesterner
Super Flirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieC View Post

They aren't necessarily gender specific, but the thread was directed toward the men.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:01 PM   #12
polymath257
Flirting God

polymath257 Is God Like polymath257 Is God Like polymath257 Is God Like polymath257 Is God Like polymath257 Is God Like polymath257 Is God Like polymath257 Is God Like polymath257 Is God Like polymath257 Is God Like polymath257 Is God Like polymath257 Is God Like

I find the question very confusing. I had responsibility, leadership, and had to exercise restraint when I started teaching at age 17. I had most of those qualities (and honor) long before that. It was just part of growing up.

Having a kid only brought home the existence of responsibilities, but I was quite aware of what was involved long before I had a kid. That's why I waited as long as I did.

But was I a 'man' at age 17? No idea. The question comes across to me like some sort of bizarre macho bull about how you have to not show emotions or be sensitive if you want to be a 'real man'.

Sorry, not a game I feel interested in playing.
polymath257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:49 PM   #13
Virgo98
Super Flirt

Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute

I would actually like to be a man for 24 hours, I'm just curious what a few things feel like
Virgo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:49 PM   #14
Fwd40s
Flirting With Disaster

Thanked 3,552 Times in 3,054 Posts
Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgo98 View Post
I would actually like to be a man for 24 hours, I'm just curious what a few things feel like
Like what?
Old 06-22-2015, 05:56 PM   #15
Virgo98
Super Flirt

Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute Virgo98 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwd40s View Post
Like what?
1. Being really really strong (beyond what the average woman can do)
2. An erect penis
3. Sex as a male
4. Getting kicked in the balls
5. Just what it feels like to be a man
Virgo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:56 PM   #16
spare_change
Multiple Orgasm Donor
I Love It Here

Thanked 4,146 Times in 2,865 Posts
spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like

February 1969 - Khe Sanh
spare_change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:58 PM   #17
disturbiagirl
💜PrincessHotLips💜

Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,169 Posts
disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like

When my ex husband said I should have been a man because I think about sex too much
disturbiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:05 PM   #18
.Cotties
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

belly button lint
Old 03-28-2016, 10:28 PM   #19
.Cotties
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

when I grabbed a girls booby and she slapped me. We both looked at each other like... what just happened
Old 10-06-2016, 02:00 PM   #20
dphill
Married And Flirting

dphill has a reputation beyond repute dphill has a reputation beyond repute dphill has a reputation beyond repute dphill has a reputation beyond repute dphill has a reputation beyond repute dphill has a reputation beyond repute dphill has a reputation beyond repute dphill has a reputation beyond repute dphill has a reputation beyond repute dphill has a reputation beyond repute dphill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbiagirl View Post
When my ex husband said I should have been a man because I think about sex too much
"think about sex to much" now he is just wrong
dphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:02 PM   #21
Caddidlehopper
Bringing confusion to all

Thanked 4,070 Times in 3,532 Posts
Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like

Huh ?

Gee willickers
Caddidlehopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:29 PM   #22
Just A Girl
The Notorious J.A.G.

Thanked 36,568 Times in 22,671 Posts
Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like

I'm still waiting for that aha moment.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:56 PM   #23
Apparition
deus ex machina

Thanked 8,724 Times in 6,697 Posts
Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like

My Adams apple was a dead gveaway.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:27 PM   #24
Pigheaded
They call me Wilbur

Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,947 Posts
Pigheaded Is God Like Pigheaded Is God Like Pigheaded Is God Like Pigheaded Is God Like Pigheaded Is God Like Pigheaded Is God Like Pigheaded Is God Like Pigheaded Is God Like Pigheaded Is God Like Pigheaded Is God Like Pigheaded Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apparition View Post
My Adams apple was a dead gveaway.
Damn I was going with the man hands!
Pigheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pigheaded For This Useful Post:
Apparition (10-06-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 04:44 PM   #25
.Cotties
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

When I got hairy toes.