Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Current Events And Real Life

Current Events And Real Life Kids, Holidays, Entertainment. Things that married people worry about with our clothes on.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:02 PM   #1
TomIAm
Ask me about my mudhole

Thanked 17,191 Times in 9,993 Posts
TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like
Default "I look down on moms"

wow...this little blog piece is firing up the internet this week (and understandably so)

http://thoughtcatalog.com/amy-glass/...-im-not-sorry/

I Look Down On Young Women With Husbands And Kids And I’m Not Sorry

Jan. 15, 2014By Amy Glass

Every time I hear someone say that feminism is about validating every choice a woman makes I have to fight back vomit.
Do people really think that a stay at home mom is really on equal footing with a woman who works and takes care of herself? There’s no way those two things are the same. It’s hard for me to believe it’s not just verbally placating these people so they don’t get in trouble with the mommy bloggers.
Having kids and getting married are considered life milestones. We have baby showers and wedding parties as if it’s a huge accomplishment and cause for celebration to be able to get knocked up or find someone to walk down the aisle with. These aren’t accomplishments, they are actually super easy tasks, literally anyone can do them. They are the most common thing, ever, in the history of the world. They are, by definition, average. And here’s the thing, why on earth are we settling for average?

If women can do anything, why are we still content with applauding them for doing nothing?
I want to have a shower for a woman when she backpacks on her own through Asia, gets a promotion, or lands a dream job not when she stays inside the box and does the house and kids thing which is the path of least resistance. The dominate cultural voice will tell you these are things you can do with a husband and kids, but as I’ve written before, that’s a lie. It’s just not reality.
You will never have the time, energy, freedom or mobility to be exceptional if you have a husband and kids.
I hear women talk about how “hard” it is to raise kids and manage a household all the time. I never hear men talk about this. It’s because women secretly like to talk about how hard managing a household is so they don’t have to explain their lack of real accomplishments. Men don’t care to “manage a household.” They aren’t conditioned to think stupid things like that are “important.”
Women will be equal with men when we stop demanding that it be considered equally important to do housework and real work. They are not equal. Doing laundry will never be as important as being a doctor or an engineer or building a business. This word play is holding us back.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:04 PM   #2
gdgrl
Follow me

Thanked 9,986 Times in 5,787 Posts
gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like

Did her mother read this? Perhaps she should have heeded this advice and not had this wonderful gift of a child.
DomesticDiva (01-28-2014), SinchoSmith (01-28-2014), TomIAm (01-28-2014), trlnlty (01-28-2014), Violetsrblue (01-29-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 04:05 PM   #3
trphywf
Flirting God

trphywf Is God Like trphywf Is God Like trphywf Is God Like trphywf Is God Like trphywf Is God Like trphywf Is God Like trphywf Is God Like trphywf Is God Like trphywf Is God Like trphywf Is God Like trphywf Is God Like

Wow
trphywf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:08 PM   #4
LucasR
Important Stuff Here

Thanked 3,522 Times in 2,505 Posts
LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like

I say if a woman is back packing through Asia. That means se hasn't accomplished much and has rich parents and has no. Direction in life

I do agree housework is easy. I do double duty an it's not as hard as some women make it. As before I get bashed at the moms my wife would agree that I do 70% of the house management and kid duties. I'm also the bread winner

So I give this blog a 75% score
LucasR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #5
Orca08
Flirting God

Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like

I read an article about it this morning. I really could care less what this woman thinks. I guess there are Women and Men out there that probably do care.....OH WELL.

Being a SAHD, I know what I do and I LOVE IT. No commentary will ever change my opinion of being a SAH. I will NEVER regret my decision. Being there for your kids and watching them grow up is way more fun then being out in the workforce, unless I came up with the working design for a Fusion Reactor
Old 01-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #6
LucasR
Important Stuff Here

LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like

Also what if the woman's dream job I being a housewife. Based on her opinion she would applaud it
Old 01-28-2014, 04:10 PM   #7
gdgrl
Follow me

Thanked 9,986 Times in 5,787 Posts
gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasR View Post
I say if a woman is back packing through Asia. That means se hasn't accomplished much and has rich parents and has no. Direction in life

I do agree housework is easy. I do double duty an it's not as hard as some women make it. As before I get bashed at the moms my wife would agree that I do 70% of the house management and kid duties. I'm also the bread winner

So I give this blog a 75% score
Are you just as good at blow jobs? What if that is a woman's greatest achievement?
Old 01-28-2014, 04:13 PM   #8
LucasR
Important Stuff Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgrl View Post
Are you just as good at blow jobs? What if that is a woman's greatest achievement?
I'm good at saying that I'm not doing that
The Following User Says Thank You to LucasR For This Useful Post:
gdgrl (01-28-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 04:45 PM   #9
SunnyD
Elusive Flirting Goddess

Thanked 14,143 Times in 8,707 Posts
SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like

I didn't take the time to figure out who this piece of work author is, but as a working woman I can honestly say I never saw the stay at home moms as having a "easier" job. Being underpaid, under appreciated and on constant call is not something just anyone can do.. so to the mom's and dad's who do it THANK YOU!
DomesticDiva (01-28-2014), gdgrl (01-28-2014), msu (01-29-2014), Orca08 (01-29-2014), TomIAm (01-28-2014), Violetsrblue (01-29-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 04:56 PM   #10
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Thanked 12,710 Times in 8,674 Posts
hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like

the official recognition of mom and housewife as a job came when SAH's were allowed to contribute to IRA's. And every SAH should do the maximum allowed. If you don't have a career, how do you get a retirement plan? And don't let the one who goes out to work discourage you or cheap out on your investment plan.
hijiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #11
LucasR
Important Stuff Here

Like every job there will always be the ones that exploit and abuse the system. Proof is in Maury and jerry springer ratings
Old 01-28-2014, 05:11 PM   #12
SunnyD
Elusive Flirting Goddess

SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like

Quote:
Like every job there will always be the ones that exploit and abuse the system. Proof is in Maury and jerry springer ratings
We should have a rating system for people at work using the websites during working hours
hijiller (01-29-2014), SophieC (01-29-2014), TomIAm (01-28-2014), Violetsrblue (01-29-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #13
Caddidlehopper
Bringing confusion to all

Thanked 4,070 Times in 3,532 Posts
Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like

Obviously she's never getting married or having kids
She would change her tune if she did
Any one who is a stay at home mom has my appreciation
It's a tough job
When we had our second child we had a decision to make
One of us was going to have to stay At home. I stay working because I hated my job less
According to her it was tougher raising the kids

Gee willickers
Caddidlehopper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Caddidlehopper For This Useful Post:
Ecstasy (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 05:38 PM   #14
Rex
Cristalized

Thanked 3,040 Times in 2,199 Posts
Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like

There was a time, when a husband could work a modest job.
Own a modest house. Own a car. And mom could stay home with the kids.

This was before the planned push to get women into the workforce.

They were pushed into the workforce to generate more TAX dollars for the government to service it's debt.

It was a scheme to produce more wage slaves.

And it morphed into a necessity for a family to survive.

One salary to pay for the every day bills, the other salary to pay the income & property taxes, the escalating insurances, and all of the taxes & fees tacked on to every single transaction you have.

Do the math

Add it up for yourself.
Ecstasy (01-29-2014), msu (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #15
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
There was a time, when a husband could work a modest job.
Own a modest house. Own a car. And mom could stay home with the kids.

This was before the planned push to get women into the workforce.

They were pushed into the workforce to generate more TAX dollars for the government to service it's debt.

It was a scheme to produce more wage slaves.

And it morphed into a necessity for a family to survive.

One salary to pay for the every day bills, the other salary to pay the income & property taxes, the escalating insurances, and all of the taxes & fees tacked on to every single transaction you have.

Do the math

Add it up for yourself.

the majority of men and women who work say they are happier at the office than being home all day.

men had that cushy setup to themselves for decades. actually wasn't it Rosie the Riveter who started it all? And women found out how nice it is to be at work with other people and not to have to ask the husband for an allowance?
The Following User Says Thank You to hijiller For This Useful Post:
Ecstasy (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 06:24 PM   #16
gabrielle22
Coniglio Fero'c'e

Thanked 16,391 Times in 11,696 Posts
gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like

wow...no woman that stays at home can be exceptional?

Methinks she has issues.
gabrielle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:53 PM   #17
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielle22 View Post
wow...no woman that stays at home can be exceptional?

Methinks she has issues.
i'd say most women who stay home are very exceptional..work is easy because it's social and you are paid for what you do. also, sometimes there is even a thank you or an award.

women who are SAHM's have my respect..and it's not just keeping the house clean, it's doing work that if you do it well, there is no salary high enough.

I've heard of marriages where the SAH spouse actually gets an income and is able to contribute to Social Security for those years of tending america's future little stockbrokers, teachers and techies.
The Following User Says Thank You to hijiller For This Useful Post:
Apparition (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 07:03 PM   #18
Apparition
deus ex machina

Thanked 8,724 Times in 6,697 Posts
Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like

I have done both and in midst of combo of it. Stay at home is a 24 hour job with no paychecks and usually no true appreciation given. The blog is very insulting and I can certainly see why she is getting e.lynched.
gabrielle22 (01-30-2014), hijiller (01-29-2014), msu (01-29-2014), vlinder (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 07:12 PM   #19
Orca08
Flirting God

Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like Orca08 Is God Like

I know the woman's blog is about SAHM's, but it actually is a bit harder to be a SAHD.
LucasR (01-29-2014), vlinder (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 07:23 PM   #20
Texmale1974
Tette per la Scienza-Ivan

Thanked 5,462 Times in 4,034 Posts
Texmale1974 Is God Like Texmale1974 Is God Like Texmale1974 Is God Like Texmale1974 Is God Like Texmale1974 Is God Like Texmale1974 Is God Like Texmale1974 Is God Like Texmale1974 Is God Like Texmale1974 Is God Like Texmale1974 Is God Like Texmale1974 Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca08 View Post
I know the woman's blog is about SAHM's, but it actually is a bit harder to be a SAHD.
why?
Old 01-29-2014, 07:29 PM   #21
LucasR
Important Stuff Here

Societies perception and prednisone that he must not be a real man or e is a bum or lazy etc. also no SAHD sewing circles. Plus ad household asks the men normally do on top of the domestic duties (mow lawn fix sink. Hang lights kill spiders etc)

I respect you dude
The Following User Says Thank You to LucasR For This Useful Post:
Orca08 (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 07:32 PM   #22
Hubby445
Flirting Guest
I'm A Flirt

Hubby445 has a reputation beyond repute Hubby445 has a reputation beyond repute Hubby445 has a reputation beyond repute Hubby445 has a reputation beyond repute Hubby445 has a reputation beyond repute Hubby445 has a reputation beyond repute Hubby445 has a reputation beyond repute Hubby445 has a reputation beyond repute Hubby445 has a reputation beyond repute Hubby445 has a reputation beyond repute Hubby445 has a reputation beyond repute

If we all follow her advice the human race would be gone in a few generations.

Being a parent regardless if you are a woman or a man is the most important job for humanity, it is lots of work to raise kids to be decent people for society.
Hubby445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:38 PM   #23
Orca08
Flirting God

Quote:
Societies perception and prednisone that he must not be a real man or e is a bum or lazy etc. also no SAHD sewing circles. Plus ad household asks the men normally do on top of the domestic duties (mow lawn fix sink. Hang lights kill spiders etc)

I respect you dude
Well put....don't think I could have put it much better. I am sure there are more, but one of the biggest difficulties is the sewing circles. I don't know if there is a stigma of being a man that they can't have him in their circle or invite him to coffee or lunch. They probably are intimidated by my handsome looks and they know their temptation would get the best of them...

I don't mind the chores....that is part of life and I don't have to do them when I get home from work.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #24
SunnyD
Elusive Flirting Goddess

If it makes you feel better the sewing circle in my area never liked the working mom's much either.. and you know how irresistible I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca08 View Post
Well put....don't think I could have put it much better. I am sure there are more, but one of the biggest difficulties is the sewing circles. I don't know if there is a stigma of being a man that they can't have him in their circle or invite him to coffee or lunch. They probably are intimidated by my handsome looks and they know their temptation would get the best of them...

I don't mind the chores....that is part of life and I don't have to do them when I get home from work.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:03 AM   #25
LuckySometime
Organ Donor

Thanked 3,024 Times in 2,287 Posts
LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like

Actually I like the working moms. The stay at homes for life are okay, I guess, but my grandmother worked outside the home and was a great mother. My mom did too and only one of her kids turned out bad (sorry, mom). My wife worked outside the home and was a fantastic mother, the best. So that's where my opinion comes from.

It's totally okay if someone can only be one or the other. But both? I bow.
gabrielle22 (01-30-2014)