Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Practice Flirting Chat, Newbie Questions!

Practice Flirting Chat, Newbie Questions! This is where you can practice making post or using smiles. If you aren't sure how this place works then try playing with things in here. Guest can post in here to try things out.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #1
Actually
Married And Flirting

Actually is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do you ever find that becoming "friends with everyone" at M&F....

..ends up preventing you from getting closer to anyone in particular?

From my experience, it can become difficult to get closer to a single person that exists in a "we are all friends" peer group.

I am not saying its impossible, but since I am a newbie here, I would like to know the thoughts of the veterans on this subject.

I can see it becoming awkward or cause jealousy among "friends".

Thoughts?
Actually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:35 PM   #2
Kissie
Flirting Goddess

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,622 Posts
Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like

not that I am trying to get "near" anyone here...but I have a couple really close friends that I can say anything too...but yet have alot of other people I can BS with at anytime!!!!
Does that help any??? Or am I just talking out my ass????
Old 07-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
FizProf
Goodbye

FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like

You can get to know one or two people particularly well from late-night session s when few are online...just my experience
FizProf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #4
gdgrl
Follow me

Thanked 9,943 Times in 5,763 Posts
gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like

I could see it being difficult if you and the friends do not share the same expectations. One friend may think you want more while you do want more but from someone else. (are u confused yet) Honesty is best and make sure everyone is on the same page.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:05 PM   #5
private beaches
Live, Laugh, and Love

private beaches has disabled reputation

Friendships here allow me to get to know people, to have fun with them and to share life experiences/sad times/ happy times/support them etc. I will always value that above all else, infatuations come and go. I enjoy general flirting with everyone and it makes my day when it is returned. Do I regret that it might close a door to a "possible connection"? No. Because if its in the cards then it'll happen anyway. JMHO
private beaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:26 PM   #6
RedVixen
On hiatus....

RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like

Becoming friends with many here doesn't hurt and if you choose to stay here awhile, you can make some really close friends

RedVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #7
Krystal
Flirting Goddess

Thanked 1,085 Times in 780 Posts
Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like

I like being friends with everyone. Besides, "friends first" is a good way to get closer to that one person you want to.
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Krystal For This Useful Post:
Real_Good (07-02-2008)
Old 07-01-2008, 06:51 PM   #8
Sneaky
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 11,466 Times in 7,237 Posts
Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by davec281 View Post

From my experience, it can become difficult to get closer to a single person that exists in a "we are all friends" peer group.

I am not saying its impossible, but since I am a newbie here, I would like to know the thoughts of the veterans on this subject.

Thoughts?
That's why you have to be very honest and be sure that everyone involved has the same expectations. If you chat with a few people, you should be honest about that. It's fine, a lot of people here do.

If a friendship evolves into something more it's important that the other person you are talking to doesn't have a different perception of what is going on.

On the flip side of that.....have some fun and talk to many people if you like. That's how you know the special ones when you meet them.

Most importantly, welcome!
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sneaky For This Useful Post:
Actually (07-03-2008), RedVixen (07-01-2008)
Old 07-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #9
Shawn
Forum Surfer

Thanked 17,608 Times in 9,224 Posts
Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute

I think there are "levels" if you will... atleast for me.. their are people i just dont know... ones i know and keep at a far distance, a few i know and let them in a little... even fewer that are in the inner circle and only a handful that really know me. Having said that... none of these people would say.. you are not allowed to talk and make friends with anyone else...it really seems to be a "the more the merrier" Kinda group here
Old 07-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #10
Jules1
Remember Me?

Jules1 has a reputation beyond repute Jules1 has a reputation beyond repute Jules1 has a reputation beyond repute Jules1 has a reputation beyond repute Jules1 has a reputation beyond repute Jules1 has a reputation beyond repute Jules1 has a reputation beyond repute Jules1 has a reputation beyond repute Jules1 has a reputation beyond repute Jules1 has a reputation beyond repute Jules1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizProf View Post
You can get to know one or two people particularly well from late-night session s when few are online...just my experience
I completely agree. If you spend enough time becoming friends with the other members of the site you will eventually find someone that you really "click" with. For some it happens quickly and others it takes time.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:12 PM   #11
DaiOh
Flirting God

DaiOh has a reputation beyond repute DaiOh has a reputation beyond repute DaiOh has a reputation beyond repute DaiOh has a reputation beyond repute DaiOh has a reputation beyond repute DaiOh has a reputation beyond repute DaiOh has a reputation beyond repute DaiOh has a reputation beyond repute DaiOh has a reputation beyond repute DaiOh has a reputation beyond repute DaiOh has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like fun....
DaiOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:20 PM   #12
softrosepetal
Flirting God

softrosepetal has a reputation beyond repute softrosepetal has a reputation beyond repute softrosepetal has a reputation beyond repute softrosepetal has a reputation beyond repute softrosepetal has a reputation beyond repute softrosepetal has a reputation beyond repute softrosepetal has a reputation beyond repute softrosepetal has a reputation beyond repute softrosepetal has a reputation beyond repute softrosepetal has a reputation beyond repute softrosepetal has a reputation beyond repute

Being friends with all of the people here is very special in itself. There will always be some you are closer to than others.
softrosepetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:03 PM   #13
catm
Flirting Guest
Flirting Is My Life :)

catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute

From another Newbie...I like being friends with everyone - but I've already developed a couple of close relationships that I wouldn't change for anything! It's possible to have both.
catm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:19 AM   #14
scoobertina
scoobalicious

Thanked 18,159 Times in 12,293 Posts
scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like

being friends with many keeps me from getting too close to many... there are a few who have made it very close to me... but I have many acquaintances... I won't say friends... friends maybe on my friends list but in reality... my friends are the ones who PM, IM, Text, call me... they are the ones who are there for me when I am down in the dumps.. they are the ones who pick me up when I need it... they are the ones I turn to if I am having a bad day...

so no... I have many friends... but only a few close ones...
Old 07-02-2008, 12:28 AM   #15
Han Solo
Back in Meh-Trocity

Thanked 7,717 Times in 4,830 Posts
Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by davec281 View Post

Thoughts?
Sorry, I'd love to offer a comment here but I don't know that I'm the most credible source here....I only seem to attract the crazy, mentally unbalanced chicks!.........so just do the opposite of me and you'll be fine
Old 07-02-2008, 12:31 AM   #16
Shawn
Forum Surfer

Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
Sorry, I'd love to offer a comment here but I don't know that I'm the most credible source here....I only seem to attract the crazy, mentally unbalanced chicks!.........so just do the opposite of me and you'll be fine

Can you direct me to any sane non-bi-polar women>?..not that i am in need of one... but just one of those things i have never seen
Old 07-02-2008, 12:31 AM   #17
Sneaky
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like

Quote:
Don't try and hide from ME!!!!! I won't be IGNORED HAN SOLO!!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 12:36 AM   #18
Torin
Princess

Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like

I do see what you are saying, and I kind of agree. I have a lot of people on here that I just ADORE... they keep me laughing and thinking with their posts, or in chat, and I simply don't have enough time to develop the realtionship into a TRUE friendship. And I have found that there are some people on here that get very snippy if you don't pay enough attention to them. And that makes me sad... they take it so personally, when actually, it has nothing to do with them, but rather that my online time is kind of limited.

But I would say only one or two people here are truly "close" to me. But there are SO many more that I really, really would like to be better friends with!

Torin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:38 AM   #19
Han Solo
Back in Meh-Trocity

Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_N_Sandiego View Post
Can you direct me to any sane non-bi-polar women>?..not that i am in need of one... but just one of those things i have never seen
This request is just fraught with danger for me.....I'm bound to draw the ire of one group or another here so I better just lay low on this one for a bit...
Old 07-02-2008, 12:40 AM   #20
Han Solo
Back in Meh-Trocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
Don't try and hide from ME!!!!! I won't be IGNORED HAN SOLO!!!!
The Prosecution RESTS!!

I'm thinking appearing in front of everyone swinging the baseball bats was not exactly your best defense.....just sayin
Old 07-02-2008, 12:40 AM   #21
Torin
Princess

Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like

Quote:

Ummm... did you just call me Bi-polar??

Old 07-02-2008, 12:41 AM   #22
Shawn
Forum Surfer

Quote:
This request is just fraught with danger for me.....I'm bound to draw the ire of one group or another here so I better just lay low on this one for a bit...

LMAO... BAAAAAWWWWGGGAAAWWWCKKKKKKK

I understand... i was just asked if i called someone "bi-polar" ... i was like NO..Yes...NO...YEs... that usually throws em off
Old 07-02-2008, 12:43 AM   #23
Sneaky
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Quote:
The Prosecution RESTS!!

I'm thinking appearing in front of everyone swinging the baseball bats was not exactly your best defense.....just sayin
That was my other personality.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:45 AM   #24
Shawn
Forum Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
That was my other personality.
Yeah.... WAY off on the bi-polar thing... way off
Old 07-02-2008, 12:45 AM   #25
Torin
Princess

Quote:
LMAO... BAAAAAWWWWGGGAAAWWWCKKKKKKK

I understand... i was just asked if i called someone "bi-polar" ... i was like NO..Yes...NO...YEs... that usually throws em off
HUmmmmm... I see.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: