Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Junk Drawer

Junk Drawer If you have nothing constructive to say then this is the place to say it. Happy Birthdays would fit well here.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:44 AM   #1
artemis
irretrievable

Thanked 11,115 Times in 8,072 Posts
artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like
Default Review this: WEIRD TV SHOWS, MOVIES or DOCUMENTARIES

You can review anything really.. But this one is for those weird one.. The ones you should be ashamed of admitting to have watched or the ones that are plain bad.

On my ambiguous list:
From Dusk till Dawn series... The guys are freaking hot! That one chick is so bloody odd! Her lips & the way she talks irritated the heck out of me.. Not sure I like snaky-vampire people.. They didn't have interesting snake-shots
So can't decide if I like it or not.
(I can almost hear Apparition saying, you crazy Gemini)

So tell me about the weird movies or shows...

artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:04 AM   #2
hikergeek
The Invisible Man

hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like

My daughter started watching, forgive me if I get the title wrong “Dark Tourist”. The host goes to places around the world associated with unfortunate events. Like a forest in Japan famous for suicides or the former home of a drug lord in Colombia, or to see ‘real’ vampires. There is more but I couldn’t watch it. Fascinating in a dark way but I kept thinking ‘why is he doing this if it is so bad’
"...And then all the laws of mind and matter that restrain him. Then the planets about him... and at last, out across immensity to the stars. And when he has conquered all the deeps of Space, and all the mysteries of Time, still he will be beginning."
hikergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hikergeek For This Useful Post:
Bailey~* (08-28-2018), gabrielle22 (08-28-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 09:07 AM   #3
gabrielle22
Coniglio Fero'c'e

Thanked 16,396 Times in 11,698 Posts
gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like gabrielle22 Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikergeek View Post
My daughter started watching, forgive me if I get the title wrong “Dark Tourist”. The host goes to places around the world associated with unfortunate events. Like a forest in Japan famous for suicides or the former home of a drug lord in Colombia, or to see ‘real’ vampires. There is more but I couldn’t watch it. Fascinating in a dark way but I kept thinking ‘why is he doing this if it is so bad’
I enjoyed it. More for his Kiwi attitude in uncertain situations than for where he was.

The vampires in New Orleans cracked me up.
gabrielle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gabrielle22 For This Useful Post:
Bailey~* (08-28-2018), hikergeek (08-28-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 08:01 PM   #4
Bailey~*
earning Valhalla

Thanked 8,977 Times in 5,068 Posts
Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielle22 View Post
I enjoyed it. More for his Kiwi attitude in uncertain situations than for where he was.

The vampires in New Orleans cracked me up.
Gawd, they were nerdy as fuck lol

I like the Santa Muerte one, and the voodoo one best. Those two seemed most heavily tied to the culture, the ones with the deepest meaning. And are also the ones he seemed to have the most respect for.

The suicide forest has been getting lots of disrespectful joy seekers doing movies or YouTube stuff about it. So we skipped that episode. It's such sacred ground, it's wrong to exploit it.

I thought it was more interesting than I originally thought it would be. It separated out the silly tourism stuff, from the legit anthropology/sociology that would be worthwhile seeing. I thought everything would be lumped together as disrespectful bored thrill seeker adventures. There was more diversity in what they looked at than I anticipated.
Bailey~* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bailey~* For This Useful Post:
gabrielle22 (08-28-2018), hikergeek (08-28-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 09:42 PM   #5
Revenant
Outlier

Revenant Is God Like Revenant Is God Like Revenant Is God Like Revenant Is God Like Revenant Is God Like Revenant Is God Like Revenant Is God Like Revenant Is God Like Revenant Is God Like Revenant Is God Like Revenant Is God Like

Might not qualify as weird, but an old show (PBS?) that I watched religiously was The Living Edens. Each episode was a documentary about a location that was completely untouched/unspoiled by man. The flora, fauna, ecology... every episode was truly an hour escape to somewhere hostile and beautiful.

Another show I like is The Last Alaskans. It seems much more real than the usual "survival reality tv" shows. I mean, Bear Grylls is a true BAMF, but c'mon, holy crap, his show is laughably hokey.

I remember seeing a show once, forget the name, where astronomers imagined how life might evolve on planets vastly different than earth. CGI, in-depth explanations... ever wonder what astronomers or cosmologists think about when they sit around and get really high? Then this is the show for you. After all, Carl Sagan (one of my heroes) was an outrageous stoner...
Revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Revenant For This Useful Post:
Bailey~* (09-02-2018)

Tags
dandruff , movies , shows , vampire , weird