Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Married And Flirting Polls

Married And Flirting Polls This where we will put all the polls. Good way to keep them from getting lost in the main forums.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:51 PM   #1
Just A Girl
The Notorious J.A.G.

Thanked 37,097 Times in 23,074 Posts
Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like
Default Social Media

How much do you share on your social media? Do you have hard rules you follow?

1. I don't comment or like on political posts. These people are my real life friends that I'm friends with because I value them. No one's political affiliation tells me anything of value for our friendship. It could cause unnecessary division.

2. I never post about being on family vacation. That's like announcing your home is unattended.

3. I don't discuss issues in my relationships, friendship, family or marriage. Those are private and personal and not for comment.

4. I only accept friend requests from people that I know personally.

5. I don't talk about my job, where I work or anything about that. I know many companies have social media policies so I just don't include that information.

I'm part of several Facebook groups. There was a post of someone's father. No problem, usually. However this was him lying in his coffin at his funeral. That's a hard no from me. I don't even have pictures like that and if I did I would never share them on social media.

What are your social media guidelines?

Last edited by Just A Girl; 03-14-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Just A Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Just A Girl For This Useful Post:
madmax (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 06:52 PM   #2
TomIAm
Impeachment Time

Thanked 17,409 Times in 10,143 Posts
TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like

I prefer people to leave me the fuck alone and I will do the same for a pleasant social media experience
Just A Girl (03-14-2019), leggy (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 06:54 PM   #3
TomIAm
Impeachment Time

TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like

There's a woman in my friend group who posted live update pics from her daughter's wisdom tooth extraction, including the bloody teeth on a tray. That was pretty awesome.
Just A Girl (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 06:56 PM   #4
hikergeek
M and F archaeologist

hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomIAm View Post
There's a woman in my friend group who posted live update pics from her daughter's wisdom tooth extraction, including the bloody teeth on a tray. That was pretty awesome.

hikergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:37 PM   #5
Just A Girl
The Notorious J.A.G.

Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like

Quote:
This stuff is kinda what I'm talking about. The whole dead dad in his coffin tho, I'm out y'all. I just don't understand the need to post such deeply personal shit.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:51 PM   #6
chrisg1623
Married And Flirting

chrisg1623 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea, its nice to say hi to someone online but for someone to share a picture of a burnt cake they made.. who cares.
chrisg1623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:52 PM   #7
TomIAm
Impeachment Time

I keep a spreadsheet of everyone's gym workout schedules. It's great.
hijiller (03-14-2019), Just A Girl (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 07:53 PM   #8
Just A Girl
The Notorious J.A.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisg1623 View Post
yea, its nice to say hi to someone online but for someone to share a picture of a burnt cake they made.. who cares.
I will post pics all day of my culinary masterpieces!
Old 03-14-2019, 07:54 PM   #9
Just A Girl
The Notorious J.A.G.

Quote:
I keep a spreadsheet of everyone's gym workout schedules. It's great.
If people we're at the gym as much as they say on social media, we'd have no obesity crisis.
hijiller (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 07:59 PM   #10
TomIAm
Impeachment Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Girl View Post
If people we're at the gym as much as they say on social media, we'd have no obesity crisis.

I'll be honest...my cousin's wife (they are Chicago people) is one of these "I did everything right this week and I still gained a pound!!!!" types...she posts every workout, what she did, how great she feels, etc etc. In short, she is awful. But I follow that shit like a soap opera. She got herself down 25-30 pounds at some point and suddenly became a life coach for everyone else...I would say it took about 6 months for the 25-30 to come back with interest. Ay yay yay...people....
Old 03-14-2019, 08:04 PM   #11
Just A Girl
The Notorious J.A.G.

Quote:
I'll be honest...my cousin's wife (they are Chicago people) is one of these "I did everything right this week and I still gained a pound!!!!" types...she posts every workout, what she did, how great she feels, etc etc. In short, she is awful. But I follow that shit like a soap opera. She got herself down 25-30 pounds at some point and suddenly became a life coach for everyone else...I would say it took about 6 months for the 25-30 to come back with interest. Ay yay yay...people....
I have several groups I'm in for the only purpose to silently judge them because I'm a garbage human
TomIAm (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 08:09 PM   #12
TomIAm
Impeachment Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisg1623 View Post

Ok...I gotta ask...you joined in 2015. Tonight, 4 years later, you made your 17th and 18th posts. Why tonight?! Welcome, btw!
Old 03-14-2019, 08:31 PM   #13
disturbiagirl
💓Gregarious💓

Thanked 9,239 Times in 6,396 Posts
disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like

I follow pretty much the same guidelines as JAG. I don't even have the town I live in posted, I figure my friends already know.

I unfollow those who constantly post completely biased political stuff, its redundant and unimaginative. I also unfollow the duck lipped selfie queens.

I mainly stick to funny anecdotes and unoffensive memes. If its one thing I've learned from my current job, its that employers really do check social media (because now that's part of my job), so I always ask myself "how could this haunt me" before I post.

With all that being said, my Facebook profile is VERY private, I'm even more private there than I am here

"Always remember, you're unique. Just like everybody else".
disturbiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to disturbiagirl For This Useful Post:
Just A Girl (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 08:46 PM   #14
Just A Girl
The Notorious J.A.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbiagirl View Post
I follow pretty much the same guidelines as JAG. I don't even have the town I live in posted, I figure my friends already know.

I unfollow those who constantly post completely biased political stuff, its redundant and unimaginative. I also unfollow the duck lipped selfie queens.

I mainly stick to funny anecdotes and unoffensive memes. If its one thing I've learned from my current job, its that employers really do check social media (because now that's part of my job), so I always ask myself "how could this haunt me" before I post.

With all that being said, my Facebook profile is VERY private, I'm even more private there than I am here

I post about my animals mostly
disturbiagirl (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 08:53 PM   #15
disturbiagirl
💓Gregarious💓

Thanked 9,239 Times in 6,396 Posts
disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Girl View Post

I post about my animals mostly
Animals are cute, I always enjoy those posts... lol

There's one lady that used to post EVERY SINGLE THING SHE DID each day, what time she got up, what she ate and when... one time she included the fact that she cleaned the litter box!! I unfriended her... she's sent me 3 friend requests since.... it ain't gonna happen litter lady

"Always remember, you're unique. Just like everybody else".
disturbiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to disturbiagirl For This Useful Post:
Just A Girl (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 09:25 PM   #16
TomIAm
Impeachment Time

I enjoy the people who live in Florida now who USED to live up North. They like to post screenshots of the weather forecast during the winter.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:59 PM   #17
Padawan
Married And Flirting

Padawan is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a simple policy, I just don't do social media. I don't need the time suck or security risk. Besides, I'm not interesting enough anyway
Padawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:29 PM   #18
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Thanked 13,048 Times in 8,922 Posts
hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like

I don't tweet, insta, and barely FB. I have about 12 friends, and every once in a while one of them will come flying in LIKING Walmart or some restaurant.

And I am reminded of their birthdays. So now I have to wish them Happy Birthday , where in the past I could ignore them.

What I like about FB is that Aaron Neville is doing a live mini concert from his house every Sunday, and I get to see it, and his pets and pretty wife.

I have never filled in my profile, and yell at my brother and his wife for sending pictures of their trips, while they are away! They have an alarm system and a dog, but still.
hijiller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hijiller For This Useful Post:
leggy (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 11:54 PM   #19
leggy
poison.......

Thanked 4,264 Times in 3,331 Posts
leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like

Ill say this about social media and naive parents out there, when they post pics of their young children in seemingly innocent pics in the bath.. Probably ought not to do that..
Old 03-15-2019, 02:37 AM   #20
bryan3636
A legend in my own mind

Thanked 5,463 Times in 3,906 Posts
bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like

I've made it very easy on myself. I'm not on any social media platforms. Not Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or anything else. I'm a firm believer that the more you're on social media the less social you really are.
bryan3636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:09 AM   #21
scoobertina
scoobalicious

Thanked 18,328 Times in 12,408 Posts
scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like

I'm more of a reader than a poster these days.. Just prefer to see what people are up to than being watched.. (What a difference huh) lol
Old 03-15-2019, 07:42 AM   #22
ImNotYourWife
🙈🙉🙊

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,337 Posts
ImNotYourWife Is God Like ImNotYourWife Is God Like ImNotYourWife Is God Like ImNotYourWife Is God Like ImNotYourWife Is God Like ImNotYourWife Is God Like ImNotYourWife Is God Like ImNotYourWife Is God Like ImNotYourWife Is God Like ImNotYourWife Is God Like ImNotYourWife Is God Like

I don’t post much on Facebook but when I do it’s mostly silly memes. From time to time I’ll post a picture of myself..... and yes I’m one of those people that will post pictures of all their baking goodies, sorry not sorry

Last edited by ImNotYourWife; 03-15-2019 at 07:45 AM.
ImNotYourWife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ImNotYourWife For This Useful Post:
Just A Girl (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 08:55 AM   #23
Just A Girl
The Notorious J.A.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotYourWife View Post
I donít post much on Facebook but when I do itís mostly silly memes. From time to time Iíll post a picture of myself..... and yes Iím one of those people that will post pictures of all their baking goodies, sorry not sorry
Same girl. When you're good, you're good
ImNotYourWife (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 09:19 AM   #24
Hotshotfireguy
Flirting God

Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,652 Posts
Hotshotfireguy Is God Like Hotshotfireguy Is God Like Hotshotfireguy Is God Like Hotshotfireguy Is God Like Hotshotfireguy Is God Like Hotshotfireguy Is God Like Hotshotfireguy Is God Like Hotshotfireguy Is God Like Hotshotfireguy Is God Like Hotshotfireguy Is God Like Hotshotfireguy Is God Like

The best thing about Facebook is that it keeps me in touch with old military friends and other friends from around the country. I dont post near like I used to.

Hotshotfireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:22 PM   #25
Ethereal~me
Winging it...

Ethereal~me Is God Like Ethereal~me Is God Like Ethereal~me Is God Like Ethereal~me Is God Like Ethereal~me Is God Like Ethereal~me Is God Like Ethereal~me Is God Like Ethereal~me Is God Like Ethereal~me Is God Like Ethereal~me Is God Like Ethereal~me Is God Like

I was one of the last of my friends to join and I'm not sure on there sometimes
Ethereal~me is offline   Reply With Quote