Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Married But Looking

Married But Looking Flirting isn't enough and you are looking for something extra. Post your details here.

Old 03-10-2017, 01:07 AM   #1
LuckySometime
Organ Donor

Thanked 3,024 Times in 2,287 Posts
LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like
Default What's wrong with Montreal?

I'm looking for a place to expatriate and I can't find a thing wrong with Montreal besides the satanic hell of 6 months of winter.

Sure, it could use more spring, summer, and fall, and a few more museums and theaters but other than that, it looks pretty good. If one or 27 MF members moved there it would be just about perfect. Am I missing something? What's wrong with Montreal?
Old 03-10-2017, 02:04 AM   #2
Ivan
Flirting God

Thanked 6,563 Times in 4,012 Posts
Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like

They speak "Old French" that sounds like it's from the 18th century.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ivan For This Useful Post:
LuckySometime (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 10:25 AM   #3
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Thanked 12,671 Times in 8,651 Posts
hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like

I'm considering Quebec City..lively, well located, tech industry blooming, and all sorts of music. French and English spoken.
hijiller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hijiller For This Useful Post:
LuckySometime (03-13-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 11:35 AM   #4
TomIAm
Ask me about my mudhole

Thanked 17,157 Times in 9,973 Posts
TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like

I would take my eroding french skills to the deep country of Quebec any day. I rented a house up there 2 summers ago and it was one of the best experiences I've ever had. It felt no different than any quaint French/European village...not a word of english was spoken...the food was great...the people were friendly (though I do speak a little french which probably goes a long way)

But yeah...the winter is a major drawback to Canada.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:29 PM   #5
Cadence
Flirting God

Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like

They're just holding barely holding the line against many of the Trump-style attitudes. If you can pass as de souche and don't mind that, great. http://montrealgazette.com/news/queb...s-symbols-poll BTW- "Religious symbols" like a big old cross? That's fine. That's "cultural"... not religious.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:44 PM   #6
Enigma77
Flirting God
I Love It Here

Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,985 Posts
Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like

The poutine?
Enigma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:52 PM   #7
Ally
Je ne sais pas

Thanked 7,585 Times in 4,993 Posts
Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like

I went to university a couple hours away from Montreal and spent some of the best weekends of my life in the city. I love the city and the people are so great. I haven't been in years but need to go back soon.
Ally is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ally For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2017, 04:23 PM   #8
madmax
Donator

Thanked 6,266 Times in 4,899 Posts
madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like

I've only been there twice, seemed nice to me (apart from the temperature lol).
Really impressed by the way they built a mall under a old stone church
http://www.quinndressel.com/projectp...ovation/66.jpg

Old 03-13-2017, 11:06 PM   #9
LuckySometime
Organ Donor

LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like LuckySometime Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma77 View Post
The poutine?
Haha. Yeah I was wondering about that. And I bet if I want a decent burrito I'll have to bring it with me.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:08 PM   #10
Enigma77
Flirting God
I Love It Here

Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like Enigma77 Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySometime View Post
Haha. Yeah I was wondering about that. And I bet if I want a decent burrito I'll have to bring it with me.
Can I just promote Toronto at this point?
Old 03-13-2017, 11:13 PM   #11
LuckySometime
Organ Donor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
They're just holding barely holding the line against many of the Trump-style attitudes. If you can pass as de souche and don't mind that, great. http://montrealgazette.com/news/queb...s-symbols-poll BTW- "Religious symbols" like a big old cross? That's fine. That's "cultural"... not religious.
So barely holding the line is better than not holding the line at all. And the religious symbols thing warms my heart. But more on the de souche please -- are you saying there's a tolerance for intolerance? That they want to make Montreal great again?
Old 03-13-2017, 11:14 PM   #12
Apparition
deus ex machina

Thanked 8,718 Times in 6,691 Posts
Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like

Can't even blame it on the Expos now.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:16 PM   #13
LuckySometime
Organ Donor

Quote:
Please do. Because I've heard great things about Toronto too. It's just that it's so close to the border and they speak English and all.

Toronto has the cultural advantage over Montreal, right?
Old 03-13-2017, 11:32 PM   #14
LuckySometime
Organ Donor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apparition View Post
Can't even blame it on the Expos now.
Any baseball team that plays indoors can always be blamed.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:42 PM   #15
Enigma77
Flirting God
I Love It Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySometime View Post
Please do. Because I've heard great things about Toronto too. It's just that it's so close to the border and they speak English and all.

Toronto has the cultural advantage over Montreal, right?
A huge cultural advantage, I'd say. Montreal is bilingual, I'll admit. Unlike Quebec City, they do welcome the English speaking.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:34 PM   #16
hikergeek
The Invisible Man

hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like

Quote:
Imho - Toronto is a great city with lots going for it and you don't have to speak French there.

Btw Since the winters in southern Canada are not much different from the Northeast I don't what the issue is with the weather.
hikergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:06 AM   #17
Enigma77
Flirting God
I Love It Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikergeek View Post
Imho - Toronto is a great city with lots going for it and you don't have to speak French there.

Btw Since the winters in southern Canada are not much different from the Northeast I don't what the issue is with the weather.
Let's just say, we, the Toronto residents, just find it amusing to complain about the weather. If you take that away, the day will get boring lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Enigma77 For This Useful Post:
LuckySometime (04-18-2017)
Old 04-05-2018, 04:19 PM   #18
Apparition
deus ex machina

Thanked 8,718 Times in 6,691 Posts
Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like

It let Quebec steal its thunder
Old 04-05-2018, 05:19 PM   #19
msu
recalculating.....

Thanked 6,515 Times in 5,472 Posts
msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like

I thought this was a hockey thread.