Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Everyday Life For Married Couples

Everyday Life For Married Couples A forum for couples to chat about your everyday married life. This would be a good place for women and men to get to know eachother.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
glamrockfan
Flirting God

glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like
Default Have you ever wanted to go back and do it all over

I guess part of my thinking lately has been, I love my spouse very much, but recently have been having feelings of wishing I could go back again. Wishing I could go back and date different women. How many here have had these feelings at some point in their marriages?
glamrockfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
The Duke
Married And Flirting

The Duke is an unknown quantity at this point

I think every married person feels that some times.
I do most of the time .
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
Tempest
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,258 Posts
Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like

All the time. It's natural to think things like this, especially when you're going through some rough times. I mean, who doesn't have that one person that you came close to marrying or getting serious with that you wish you could have played that situation out? I know I do. But at the end of all those daydreams, I realize that had I ended up with that other guy or dated more, I'd probably still be unsatisfied today, because I am changing and I am outgrowing my situation. Growing pains are going to happen no matter who you're with... So keep fantasizing about that girl with the big boobs you knew once upon a time, but remember there was a reason you're with that woman down the hall... (whew!! sorry for being a Chatty Cathy... lol)
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tempest For This Useful Post:
CrazyMountainLady (10-01-2009), Cy (09-30-2009), Sneaky (09-30-2009)
Old 09-30-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
Penny
Proprietor

Thanked 1,616 Times in 657 Posts
Penny has disabled reputation

I got married when I was 18 and dated him since I was 15 so I have had thoughts of what it would have been like to have dated a few other guys before I got married. Who knows though it may not have ended up so well
Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
Penny
Proprietor

Thanked 1,616 Times in 657 Posts
Penny has disabled reputation

I got married when I was 18 and dated him since I was 15 so I have had thoughts of what it would have been like to have dated a few other guys before I got married. Who knows though it may not have ended up so well
Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
Sneaky
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 11,466 Times in 7,237 Posts
Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like

Yeah...I agree with Tempest...I was who I was THEN and he was the best for me then. I had no DOUBTS on my wedding day at all. But I grew & I changed & evolved. I try not to regret, just move forward.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sneaky For This Useful Post:
Cy (09-30-2009), Tempest (09-30-2009)
Old 09-30-2009, 07:08 PM   #7
sophia1
Flirting Goddess

sophia1 has a reputation beyond repute sophia1 has a reputation beyond repute sophia1 has a reputation beyond repute sophia1 has a reputation beyond repute sophia1 has a reputation beyond repute sophia1 has a reputation beyond repute sophia1 has a reputation beyond repute sophia1 has a reputation beyond repute sophia1 has a reputation beyond repute sophia1 has a reputation beyond repute sophia1 has a reputation beyond repute

quite often think about that, and do things different
sophia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:52 PM   #8
disturbiagirl
💜PrincessHotLips💜

Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,169 Posts
disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like

Absolutely!! However, I made the right decision for me at that time. It's easy to glamourize the past, especially if the present is rocky. You have to remember that as you changed, the person you left behind probably did as well, and perhaps in a way that wouldn't fit your present needs. There is a reason you didn't go down that path in the first place. Life is all about lessons learned and no good ever comes from reliving the past with "woulda/coulda/shoulda".

If we only have this moment, let's make it last
disturbiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to disturbiagirl For This Useful Post:
Cy (09-30-2009), fixitman (09-30-2009), Sneaky (10-02-2009)
Old 09-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #9
fixitman
Donator

fixitman Is God Like fixitman Is God Like fixitman Is God Like fixitman Is God Like fixitman Is God Like fixitman Is God Like fixitman Is God Like fixitman Is God Like fixitman Is God Like fixitman Is God Like fixitman Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbiagirl View Post
Absolutely!! However, I made the right decision for me at that time. It's easy to glamourize the past, especially if the present is rocky. You have to remember that as you changed, the person you left behind probably did as well, and perhaps in a way that wouldn't fit your present needs. There is a reason you didn't go down that path in the first place. Life is all about lessons learned and no good ever comes from reliving the past with "woulda/coulda/shoulda".

What she said.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #10
3pmac
~~Breaking a Habit~~

Thanked 5,417 Times in 3,776 Posts
3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like

I think that is total normal behavior. Its always nice to think "what if" because we always glamourize it in our minds.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:05 PM   #11
glamourgirl
*~La Bella Vita~*

Thanked 1,979 Times in 1,460 Posts
glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like

I had to think about this one....if i changed anything id risk not having my children...they are my life-even though they are grown and now i am on my own so to speak... i still talk to them all every day and love the intimite details of who they are and what they are thinking-dreams goals, plans, that sort of thing...
in that respect id not change a thing.
The future however is a different story..i know what i want...its a good feeling
Old 09-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #12
Cy
Flirting God
I Love It Here

Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,894 Posts
Cy has a reputation beyond repute Cy has a reputation beyond repute Cy has a reputation beyond repute Cy has a reputation beyond repute Cy has a reputation beyond repute Cy has a reputation beyond repute Cy has a reputation beyond repute Cy has a reputation beyond repute Cy has a reputation beyond repute Cy has a reputation beyond repute Cy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm the same but I always try and remember the reasons i got married. I love my wife and the kids she gave me so much, but there is always that nagging thing in the back of my head that says what if?

What if? Are two very big words and as Tempest, Sneaky and disturbiagirl all intimated, there are reasons you didn't end up with that person you had an amazing time with.

I have had more fun in the bedroom with other girls than my Wife but..... I couldn't see myself sharing my life with them.

Marriage is more than just fun in the bedroom (although it is an important part of it) it is a partnership and a friendship too.

Time also has a way of making you forget the bad stuff too and you tend to look back with rose tinted glasses.
Cy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cy For This Useful Post:
CrazyMountainLady (10-01-2009), Nice (10-01-2009), Shawn (10-01-2009), Sneaky (10-02-2009), Tempest (09-30-2009)
Old 09-30-2009, 08:29 PM   #13
so_very_fine
I have new glasses

Thanked 1,113 Times in 803 Posts
so_very_fine Is God Like so_very_fine Is God Like so_very_fine Is God Like so_very_fine Is God Like so_very_fine Is God Like so_very_fine Is God Like so_very_fine Is God Like so_very_fine Is God Like so_very_fine Is God Like so_very_fine Is God Like so_very_fine Is God Like

I would just because I miss being stupid! I miss when my babies were young and I truly believed that everything would be okay. I miss thinking love was enough. So I would do it over again just because it was nice and I liked being stupid in love!!!
so_very_fine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to so_very_fine For This Useful Post:
BlueEyedMale40 (10-01-2009)
Old 10-01-2009, 07:09 AM   #14
Gigglez
~ * ~

Thanked 5,802 Times in 3,673 Posts
Gigglez Is God Like Gigglez Is God Like Gigglez Is God Like Gigglez Is God Like Gigglez Is God Like Gigglez Is God Like Gigglez Is God Like Gigglez Is God Like Gigglez Is God Like Gigglez Is God Like Gigglez Is God Like

All the time ...
Gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:12 AM   #15
glamrockfan
Flirting God

glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like glamrockfan Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamourgirl View Post
I had to think about this one....if i changed anything id risk not having my children...they are my life-even though they are grown and now i am on my own so to speak... i still talk to them all every day and love the intimite details of who they are and what they are thinking-dreams goals, plans, that sort of thing...
in that respect id not change a thing.
The future however is a different story..i know what i want...its a good feeling
The children comment is an absolutely good point.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #16
CrazyMountainLady
Ozark Hillbilly

CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute

I think about it too.. Only so I could love those that have been in my life all over again just a little bit harder, so they know that I really did love them..
Oh there are a couple I'd throw out!

CrazyMountainLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:57 AM   #17
torro1052
Super Flirt

torro1052 has a reputation beyond repute torro1052 has a reputation beyond repute torro1052 has a reputation beyond repute torro1052 has a reputation beyond repute torro1052 has a reputation beyond repute torro1052 has a reputation beyond repute torro1052 has a reputation beyond repute torro1052 has a reputation beyond repute torro1052 has a reputation beyond repute torro1052 has a reputation beyond repute torro1052 has a reputation beyond repute

yea.......dont quite know what i need to find
torro1052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:20 AM   #18
NurseDude66
The clinic is open

NurseDude66 Is God Like NurseDude66 Is God Like NurseDude66 Is God Like NurseDude66 Is God Like NurseDude66 Is God Like NurseDude66 Is God Like NurseDude66 Is God Like NurseDude66 Is God Like NurseDude66 Is God Like NurseDude66 Is God Like NurseDude66 Is God Like

as we ask ourselves this question, so do our spouses. Do people sometimes CHOOSE to grow apart instead of grow together? Will we be 80, on our 10th marriage, thinking its time once again to trade up?
Old 10-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #19
Frenchie_lady
in love with my freak!

Thanked 3,548 Times in 2,558 Posts
Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like

Hindsight is always 100%.

That said, I wouldn't. A very bad decision on my part gave me the most precious gift of my life: my daughter.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:51 AM   #20
glamrockfan
Flirting God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_lady View Post
Hindsight is always 100%.

That said, I wouldn't. A very bad decision on my part gave me the most precious gift of my life: my daughter.
that is so true
Old 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #21
CrazyMountainLady
Ozark Hillbilly

CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute CrazyMountainLady has a reputation beyond repute

I am a firm believer in "Everything happens for a reason" you might have a few regrets along the way... but you learn from everything you do .. right or wrong. So no I wouldn't do them over... I just learn to live with my choices.

CrazyMountainLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:17 PM   #22
november
Hippie Chick

november Is God Like november Is God Like november Is God Like november Is God Like november Is God Like november Is God Like november Is God Like november Is God Like november Is God Like november Is God Like november Is God Like

yes, if i could go back, i would do many things differently. i would not have married my spouse, though i would have kept him as a friend.
i have outgrown my present situation, but there is no way i could change it without destroying him.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #23
Jada101
Flirting God

Jada101 has a reputation beyond repute Jada101 has a reputation beyond repute Jada101 has a reputation beyond repute Jada101 has a reputation beyond repute Jada101 has a reputation beyond repute Jada101 has a reputation beyond repute Jada101 has a reputation beyond repute Jada101 has a reputation beyond repute Jada101 has a reputation beyond repute Jada101 has a reputation beyond repute Jada101 has a reputation beyond repute

absolutely,...you always wonder 'what if', but what if it turned out to be so much worse? Sometimes you just need to count your blessings I think.
Jada101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #24
Jelly
Bite Me

Thanked 9,454 Times in 5,160 Posts
Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like

I thought about it many many times ... but then I realize I most likely wouldn't have married him .. I wouldn't have my children .. I wouldn't have divorced him ... and I wouldn't be the woman I am today. So go back ? No way ..
Old 10-03-2009, 12:29 AM   #25
AlwaysLearning
Endless Summer

AlwaysLearning has disabled reputation

It is probably inevitable that most ask themselves the "what if" question at
some point during their life. But don't your experiences both good and bad
ultimately make you WHO YOU ARE? So maybe, it is good that we cannot
go back...........that we are forced to learn from our mistakes and live with their
consequences. And in the end, hopefully something good will ultimately grow
from them all.
AlwaysLearning is offline   Reply With Quote