Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Current Events And Real Life

Current Events And Real Life Kids, Holidays, Entertainment. Things that married people worry about with our clothes on.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:24 PM   #1
wayneypoo
its!ok ill shoot the guy.

Thanked 1,888 Times in 1,433 Posts
wayneypoo Is God Like wayneypoo Is God Like wayneypoo Is God Like wayneypoo Is God Like wayneypoo Is God Like wayneypoo Is God Like wayneypoo Is God Like wayneypoo Is God Like wayneypoo Is God Like wayneypoo Is God Like wayneypoo Is God Like
Default 🐕grieving for pet silly or not ?🐕

Call it silly but I find myself in a overwhelming sadness for my dog he,s 14 years old and a Labrador he has arthritis in his legs steroids help but will shorten his life .I know he,s on the way out now !off to that big dog house in the sky .he has been a rock ,a great listener to all my arguments with my other half ect ect .
But I do find myself in this sullen moment in time .
Have you lost a good pet ??
gdgrl (08-15-2016), Ivan (08-14-2016), Lyric~* (08-15-2016), Shawn (08-15-2016)
Old 08-14-2016, 05:27 PM   #2
vlinder
})i({

Thanked 7,768 Times in 4,918 Posts
vlinder Is God Like vlinder Is God Like vlinder Is God Like vlinder Is God Like vlinder Is God Like vlinder Is God Like vlinder Is God Like vlinder Is God Like vlinder Is God Like vlinder Is God Like vlinder Is God Like

It's not silly Wayney, I had to let my boxer go almost a year ago and I still miss him. He was with me every day for 12.5 years. And when someone is around you for that long, then it's just natural that you miss them once they are gone.
vlinder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vlinder For This Useful Post:
Ivan (08-14-2016), wayneypoo (08-14-2016)
Old 08-14-2016, 05:44 PM   #3
Arcon
Everything I do

Thanked 1,770 Times in 1,538 Posts
Arcon Is God Like Arcon Is God Like Arcon Is God Like Arcon Is God Like Arcon Is God Like Arcon Is God Like Arcon Is God Like Arcon Is God Like Arcon Is God Like Arcon Is God Like Arcon Is God Like

Pets are as much of your family as any child is. My mutt is 15yo i know his time is short in this world, and even thinking about that day causes my throat to tighten. Our pets love us unconditionally and they deserve no less. When that sad day arrives hold on to all the fun you had and how much richer your life is because of that unjudging endless love your four legged friend gave you
Old 08-14-2016, 06:17 PM   #4
GlassyLady
Sexy Tumblrina

Thanked 3,183 Times in 2,424 Posts
GlassyLady Is God Like GlassyLady Is God Like GlassyLady Is God Like GlassyLady Is God Like GlassyLady Is God Like GlassyLady Is God Like GlassyLady Is God Like GlassyLady Is God Like GlassyLady Is God Like GlassyLady Is God Like GlassyLady Is God Like

We lost our oldest Chihuahua 3 weeks ago tomorrow. I miss her. She was 12 and a loud, ornery bugger. Miss my Chihuahua, who died 6 year ago this December, a lot. We have one left.... our only boy Chi.
wayneypoo (08-16-2016)
Old 08-14-2016, 06:24 PM   #5
Apparition
deus ex machina

Thanked 8,727 Times in 6,698 Posts
Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like

I'm sry wayney.
Absolutely not silly. In fact most of the dogs are far superior in loyalty and love when compared to people.
I miss my lexy everyday.
artemis (08-14-2016), wayneypoo (08-16-2016)
Old 08-14-2016, 06:36 PM   #6
MishMash
Fire Starter

Thanked 7,373 Times in 4,590 Posts
MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like MishMash Is God Like

I feel for you.

I've done this more than once and each time its so painful I swear I'll never get another dog.

Sorry you have to go through it.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:44 PM   #7
artemis
irretrievable

Thanked 11,115 Times in 8,072 Posts
artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like

My first greyhound poor darling died of old age.. She moved from the US to Germany & back. The second one broke his leg but they had to open his leg to find out what the problem really was - osteosarcoma all the way to his hip... We had 10 mins to decide while he was under anesthesia... One of the hardest decision we ever made...

I miss them everyday & call the new crew by their names by mistake & sometimes, I find her or his collars & find their hair still there & I cry.. This girl now, she will be awful to get over I know.. She getting up there..

It's never silly Wayne... Never.

artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to artemis For This Useful Post:
wayneypoo (08-16-2016)
Old 08-14-2016, 06:57 PM   #8
Skwerty
Virtual Insanity

Thanked 3,307 Times in 2,598 Posts
Skwerty Is God Like Skwerty Is God Like Skwerty Is God Like Skwerty Is God Like Skwerty Is God Like Skwerty Is God Like Skwerty Is God Like Skwerty Is God Like Skwerty Is God Like Skwerty Is God Like Skwerty Is God Like

I miss Merlin the cat. He was my buddy. Would wait for me to come home at night and when I pulled up he would run to the car and then walk with me back to the house and we'd tell reach other about our days.
Before I buried him in the garden, I kept him in the shed for a day or two, wrapped in a blanket, so I could spend some time with him and talk to him and stroke him one last time.

I don't miss the chickens when they die.
Skwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skwerty For This Useful Post:
MishMash (08-14-2016), wayneypoo (08-16-2016)
Old 08-14-2016, 07:07 PM   #9
SunnyD
Elusive Flirting Goddess

Thanked 14,156 Times in 8,717 Posts
SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like

So sorry for your loss Wayney. I lost a trusted and beloved member of my family who spent 14 yrs being my kids second mom. She spent the majority of her years shadowing my every move day or night. She would go sit on the trampoline as my kids jumped and knock them down in the middle if she thought they were getting too close to the edge. She made her rounds through everyone's room every night to make sure her people were exactly where they belonged. She lost her hearing, then her sight, before eventually her hips giving out on her and leaving her stranded. She was so willing to suffer for her family to be happy, but one day she just needed permission to move on and be pain free. I held her and comforted her as I know she would have me in the same position, but when she was gone I felt a sense of peace that I believe she shared with me.
I think writing this was the first time I've felt sadness, because I truly believe all dogs go the heaven!!!
Old 08-14-2016, 07:15 PM   #10
88Runner88
Flirting God

88Runner88 has a reputation beyond repute 88Runner88 has a reputation beyond repute 88Runner88 has a reputation beyond repute 88Runner88 has a reputation beyond repute 88Runner88 has a reputation beyond repute 88Runner88 has a reputation beyond repute 88Runner88 has a reputation beyond repute 88Runner88 has a reputation beyond repute 88Runner88 has a reputation beyond repute 88Runner88 has a reputation beyond repute 88Runner88 has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely not silly. I can remember being heartbroken when my cat died. We now have 2 dogs and cannot imagine the pain when these go. As Arcon said, they are part of the family, and often around us even more than our kids. Hope you feel better soon.
88Runner88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 07:19 PM   #11
dixiechik
Can you see me now?

Thanked 9,231 Times in 5,938 Posts
dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like

I know what you are going thru and I'm very sorry. Our pets mean the world to us. I will always grieve for my fur babies I miss them, I still have their pictures on the wall. They were my best friends.
Goodluck sweetheart and again I'm sorry.

If I offend you cry me a river, I'll bring snacks and a raft. I will literally float down your tears while munching on chips and working on my tan.
dixiechik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:53 PM   #12
MisterBlueSky
Just Ask

Thanked 3,289 Times in 2,421 Posts
MisterBlueSky Is God Like MisterBlueSky Is God Like MisterBlueSky Is God Like MisterBlueSky Is God Like MisterBlueSky Is God Like MisterBlueSky Is God Like MisterBlueSky Is God Like MisterBlueSky Is God Like MisterBlueSky Is God Like MisterBlueSky Is God Like MisterBlueSky Is God Like

Sorry man - that is tough. Labs are a great breed. It's tough, real tough
MisterBlueSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:50 PM   #13
redcat
Forum Leader

Thanked 13,437 Times in 8,558 Posts
redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like

It sounds like you may be coming to a point where you have to make a decision and that's such a heartbreaking thing to do. I had a MinPin for 11 yrs. He was small but mighty, my shadow and protector. Diabetes took his joy for living, his eyesight and his dignity. After we put him down, I was given a copy of this poem:

If it should be that I grow weak, and pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done, for this last battle cannot be won.
You will be sad, I understand. Don't let your grief stay your hand.
For this day, more than all the rest. Your love for me must stand the test.
We've had so many happy years, what is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so; the time has come, please let me go.
Take me where my need they'll tend and please stay with me until the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me, until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time that you will see the kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail it's last has waved, from pain and suffering I've been saved.
Please do not grieve, it must be you who had this painful thing to do.
Don't let your heart shed those tears, for I have my angel wings because of your love for years.

I think it's normal and good to grieve the loss of one who has been so dear to us. I swore I wouldn't have another animal, but 3 months later, our current dog chose me...that was over 10 years ago.

The Rainbow Bridge
redcat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redcat For This Useful Post:
Arcon (08-14-2016), FlowerGirl228 (08-14-2016), wayneypoo (08-16-2016)
Old 08-14-2016, 10:00 PM   #14
FlowerGirl228
petal in the grand design

Thanked 2,937 Times in 1,912 Posts
FlowerGirl228 Is God Like FlowerGirl228 Is God Like FlowerGirl228 Is God Like FlowerGirl228 Is God Like FlowerGirl228 Is God Like FlowerGirl228 Is God Like FlowerGirl228 Is God Like FlowerGirl228 Is God Like FlowerGirl228 Is God Like FlowerGirl228 Is God Like FlowerGirl228 Is God Like

Absolutely NOT silly ... Not sure anyone who has ever had a pet and not grieved when they lost them has a heart !!
redcat (08-15-2016)
Old 08-15-2016, 12:24 AM   #15
BellaLuna
IUCUNDITAS' SWEET GIRL

Thanked 4,797 Times in 3,978 Posts
BellaLuna Is God Like BellaLuna Is God Like BellaLuna Is God Like BellaLuna Is God Like BellaLuna Is God Like BellaLuna Is God Like BellaLuna Is God Like BellaLuna Is God Like BellaLuna Is God Like BellaLuna Is God Like BellaLuna Is God Like

Not silly at all. Pets are as much a family member as anyone in your family, you grow attached and they have given unconditional love, whats not to love about pets. I am so sorry for what you are going through...

I lost my yellow lab a few years ago and it was crushing to my heart. I felt so lonely without her my husband went out and bought two just to take her place. I love them both but there is always a special place in my heart for my other lab...
Old 08-15-2016, 12:26 AM   #16
Miss_red_siren
All you need is love

Thanked 1,277 Times in 928 Posts
Miss_red_siren Is God Like Miss_red_siren Is God Like Miss_red_siren Is God Like Miss_red_siren Is God Like Miss_red_siren Is God Like Miss_red_siren Is God Like Miss_red_siren Is God Like Miss_red_siren Is God Like Miss_red_siren Is God Like Miss_red_siren Is God Like Miss_red_siren Is God Like

It's perfectly natural. We care for them and love them, it really is like losing a member of the family.
Miss_red_siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:14 AM   #17
Just A Girl
The Notorious J.A.G.

Thanked 36,671 Times in 22,744 Posts
Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like

Our fur babies are part of our family. It's a completely natural response to treat them the same way as we do our other family members.
I'm sorry your fur baby is not feeling good
Old 08-15-2016, 07:20 PM   #18
661readynow
free and breezy

661readynow Is God Like 661readynow Is God Like 661readynow Is God Like 661readynow Is God Like 661readynow Is God Like 661readynow Is God Like 661readynow Is God Like 661readynow Is God Like 661readynow Is God Like 661readynow Is God Like 661readynow Is God Like

I lost my Australian Shepard just over a year ago, Still makes me sad, He was 14 years old too. He would always great me at the door, give me doggy love, no mater how bad he was feeling, and at the end he was feeling pretty bad. I've been thinking about getting another pup because I just miss the companionship that dogs give.
<sigh> remember the good times.
661readynow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 661readynow For This Useful Post:
redcat (08-15-2016)
Old 08-15-2016, 07:22 PM   #19
madmax
Donator

Thanked 6,318 Times in 4,949 Posts
madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like

Pets are part of the family too

nothing silly about it at all
Old 08-15-2016, 07:54 PM   #20
gdgrl
Follow me

Thanked 9,986 Times in 5,787 Posts
gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like

Not silly at all. My spouse is one hard ass, but when his dog got killed, he lay over him crying. They are sometimes more loyal and loving than humans. They comfort us when we are down, are ready to play when we are in good spirits.

Hell, I wish my dog was here now.
Lyric~* (08-15-2016)
Old 08-15-2016, 08:00 PM   #21
Shawn
Forum Surfer

Thanked 17,609 Times in 9,225 Posts
Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for your loss Wayne.... And it's not silly at all, I honestly think it's one of the few times us men are allowed to shed a tear ... I know I was a big ball of snot bubbles when I lost my dogs , they become a big part of your life and always seem to be there ... When they aren't all the sudden it hits you like a ton of bricks
Old 08-15-2016, 08:04 PM   #22
Lyric~*
Flirting God

Thanked 9,331 Times in 6,838 Posts
Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like

If someone did not mourn the loss of a pet...I'd think they may not be good pet owners & quite possibly have no business owning one.

We owned a German Shepherd for over 12 years. That dog was destined to be ours & stay with us. He got out more than once, but somehow we always managed to get him back. Once he ended up at my daughter's school & it's not super close. He must have had good intuition that one of his owners was there. It was a trip! Anyhow, that was my baby doggie & we have new dogs, but not quite the same.

It's okay to be sad. You loved your pups.
Lyric~* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyric~* For This Useful Post:
661readynow (08-15-2016)
Old 11-02-2018, 08:23 PM   #23
hikergeek
The Invisible Man

hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like hikergeek Is God Like

It took me years to get over our having to put down our almost 17 year old JRT. Still miss her, she was a great hiking companion, I devoted a page on my hiking blog to her after she passed.
"...And then all the laws of mind and matter that restrain him. Then the planets about him... and at last, out across immensity to the stars. And when he has conquered all the deeps of Space, and all the mysteries of Time, still he will be beginning."
hikergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:25 PM   #24
Masada
Flirting God

Masada has a reputation beyond repute Masada has a reputation beyond repute Masada has a reputation beyond repute Masada has a reputation beyond repute Masada has a reputation beyond repute Masada has a reputation beyond repute Masada has a reputation beyond repute Masada has a reputation beyond repute Masada has a reputation beyond repute Masada has a reputation beyond repute Masada has a reputation beyond repute

Not silly at all. When Peyton dies, I'm gonna be a mess for a long time. He's a loyal friend and companion, and like any friend and companion I will forever grieve his passing when it happens.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:47 PM   #25
TomIAm
Ask me about my mudhole

Thanked 17,216 Times in 10,015 Posts
TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like

I think I made it through the duration of my mother's cancer ordeal and premature death without shedding a tear.

I was an inconsolable blubbering mess when I had to have my cat put down.
hikergeek (11-02-2018)