Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Sports For Flirts

Sports For Flirts Talk about your favorite sport here. Yes even golf and Nascar are considered a spot in here.

Old 11-20-2006, 02:25 PM   #51
OICurready4me
Mighty's sex toy

OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like

Flyers fan here. Team is such a total mess right now, don't know what to make of it.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:32 PM   #52
twoblues
(.)(.)

Thanked 1,519 Times in 796 Posts
twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like

^Yah, the Flyers....ouch. Compared to them, my Canucks look like the Red Wings
twoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:37 PM   #53
OICurready4me
Mighty's sex toy

OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like

You're right, Big O. Once the helmet became mandatory, the stick work increased. The slashing, hooking, high sticking got out of control. Guys respected their opponents when they went in the corner by keeping the stick down since they didn't want to lose an eye themselves. Now, everyone looks the same. Plus, with the influx of European players, the normal fan doesn't know alot of these players so they can't feel that strong bond for their team since they player didn't come up through the minors and work his way to the NHL like they did in the old days. The WCHL, ECHL, IHL, AHL all had players that you saw and became fans of in your local area so you could root for them when they made the big club. Not that way with the europeans. Besides, the league does a horrendous job marketing the game anyway. Gary Bettman should look for another line of work. He's done nothing to help the game from a marketing perspective. Some of the rule changes I like but putting the game on Versus is just plain stupid. ESPN should be doing the games. They need exposure and they aren't getting it from Versus. Hell, the Bruins are offering buy one get one free for their tickets. Other deals like kids under 12 free. I say, reduce the ticket prices rather than charge exorbitant prices and they give a free one. Dopes, just plain dopes. (ouch, I fell off my soapbox)
Old 11-20-2006, 02:38 PM   #54
rainbowhigh
Flirting Goddess.

rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like

I didn't know so much could be said about hockey, OIC.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICurready4me
You're right, Big O. Once the helmet became mandatory, the stick work increased. The slashing, hooking, high sticking got out of control. Guys respected their opponents when they went in the corner by keeping the stick down since they didn't want to lose an eye themselves. Now, everyone looks the same. Plus, with the influx of European players, the normal fan doesn't know alot of these players so they can't feel that strong bond for their team since they player didn't come up through the minors and work his way to the NHL like they did in the old days. The WCHL, ECHL, IHL, AHL all had players that you saw and became fans of in your local area so you could root for them when they made the big club. Not that way with the europeans. Besides, the league does a horrendous job marketing the game anyway. Gary Bettman should look for another line of work. He's done nothing to help the game from a marketing perspective. Some of the rule changes I like but putting the game on Versus is just plain stupid. ESPN should be doing the games. They need exposure and they aren't getting it from Versus. Hell, the Bruins are offering buy one get one free for their tickets. Other deals like kids under 12 free. I say, reduce the ticket prices rather than charge exorbitant prices and they give a free one. Dopes, just plain dopes. (ouch, I fell off my soapbox)
rainbowhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:53 PM   #55
twoblues
(.)(.)

twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like

Quote:
You're right, Big O. Once the helmet became mandatory, the stick work increased. The slashing, hooking, high sticking got out of control. Guys respected their opponents when they went in the corner by keeping the stick down since they didn't want to lose an eye themselves.
True, though Glenn Anderson would stick people in the eye without or without a helmet. Players were always nasty (Mr. Clarke), but with helmets, there is a little less respect.

Quote:
Now, everyone looks the same.
Not necessarily an issue. NFL players all where helmets as well. Safety does have to come first. I am not sure about your market, but up here in Vancouver, we all know what the players look like due to mass marketing.

Quote:
Plus, with the influx of European players, the normal fan doesn't know alot of these players so they can't feel that strong bond for their team since they player didn't come up through the minors and work his way to the NHL like they did in the old days. The WCHL, ECHL, IHL, AHL all had players that you saw and became fans of in your local area so you could root for them when they made the big club. Not that way with the europeans.
Again, I don't find this an issue. We only recently got a WHL team in our market and even though it's neat to see guys like Brule play in the NHL after watching him in the juniors, it's not a deal breaker. It doesn't matter where the player comes from, if they play well, people will know them.

Quote:
Besides, the league does a horrendous job marketing the game anyway. Gary Bettman should look for another line of work. He's done nothing to help the game from a marketing perspective.
Well, I agree. Get more games in HD. Get players to wear more team merchandise during interviews, etc...Again, in the Vancouver market, the players are highly visible, but that's definitely not the case in most US cities.

Quote:
Some of the rule changes I like but putting the game on Versus is just plain stupid. ESPN should be doing the games. They need exposure and they aren't getting it from Versus.
I thougth ESPN didn't want it anymore? Again, in Canada we don't get that channel so I can't tell if Versus is better or worse than ESPN, but I'll take your word for it.

Quote:
Hell, the Bruins are offering buy one get one free for their tickets. Other deals like kids under 12 free. I say, reduce the ticket prices rather than charge exorbitant prices and they give a free one. Dopes, just plain dopes. (ouch, I fell off my soapbox)
Crap, free tickets? We haven't seen that for years up here. There's a few years waiting list for tickets. It's almost a priviledge to attend a game up here

Overall, though, our market up here is a hockey first market. No other pro team in town, so there is no competition. Boston has the Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics that come ahead of the Bruins. There is only so much fan money to go around. Plus, they're sucking right now.

Hope you don't mind if I usurped your position on the soap box.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:32 AM   #56
Frenchie
Have you seen my nuts?

Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like

Go Leafs Go
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:38 AM   #57
massage mike
Flirting God

massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoblues
^Yah, the Flyers....ouch. Compared to them, my Canucks look like the Red Wings
had a teacher in massage school from Vancouver what a brain and baby was she gorgeous.GO rangers
massage mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:38 AM   #58
spare_change
Multiple Orgasm Donor

Thanked 4,146 Times in 2,865 Posts
spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFrEnChGuY
Go Leafs Go

Go where?
Old 11-21-2006, 11:19 AM   #59
Tom Tom
I Like Flirting

Tom Tom is an unknown quantity at this point

Go Gwinnett Gladiators Hockey
Tom Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:43 PM   #60
OICurready4me
Mighty's sex toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowhigh
I didn't know so much could be said about hockey, OIC.....
I played hockey for 25 years and used to be a big fan. I still enjoy it but I don't follow it nearly as much as I used to. What about you, what team are you a fan of?
Old 11-21-2006, 04:46 PM   #61
OICurready4me
Mighty's sex toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by massage mike
had a teacher in massage school from Vancouver what a brain and baby was she gorgeous.GO rangers

I have seen alot of beautiful women at hockey games, so either they are dating one of the players, which could very well be the case or hockey is an aphrodisiac for gorgeous women.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:54 PM   #62
OICurready4me
Mighty's sex toy

Twoblues, you make alot of great points. I didn't know Vancouver was such a great hockey town. That's fantastic. Boston used to be during the days of Orr, Espo, Middleton, Neely, O'Reilly, Bourque but it has slowly dropped off the map. The management of the Bruins (Jeremy Jacobs and GM Harry Sinden/Mike O'Connell) has stunk, with their self-imposed salary cap, whereby they wouldn't spend any money for good players nor pay decent money to retain their free agents. Tickets prices would constantly go up, for no reason, since the money wasn't going into the team and they owned the building so it wasn't a rent issue. Then they come out last year and have this cat that ate the canary look and tell people that they were right all along about the league being unable to support the big salaries and that they have been waiting for this time to come. They tell people they are prepared at a run at the Stanley cup and have an great team, as good free agent after good free agents sign with other teams. You saw what happened last year, they traded away the MVP, Joe Thornton. They are a bunch of boobs. Dolly Parton would be proud of that bunch. Like you said, there are the Patriots and Red Sox and we all see how well run those franchises are and they are winning championships so people are badly turned off.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:56 PM   #63
OICurready4me
Mighty's sex toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by massage mike

A teacher in massage school who was hot and a hockey fan. I bet she got alot of "high sticks" and "pucks in the crease".
Old 11-23-2006, 11:46 AM   #64
Frenchie
Have you seen my nuts?

Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like

lost to Buffalo, good team.

I fell shame
Old 11-23-2006, 12:51 PM   #65
Rmb
Flirting God

Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Twoblues, you make alot of great points. I didn't know Vancouver was such a great hockey town. That's fantastic.
Yes well we only have one NHL team in British Columbia so they are also supported throughout the Province. In the Okanagan where I live they are avid supporters.
Go Canucks!!!!
Rmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:55 PM   #66
twoblues
(.)(.)

Woah woah woah Rhumba, us Vancouverites don't want to be grouped in with a town where the Kelowna Rockets reside
Old 11-23-2006, 01:02 PM   #67
Rmb
Flirting God

Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoblues
Woah woah woah Rhumba, us Vancouverites don't want to be grouped in with a town where the Kelowna Rockets reside

Easy on !!!
Rmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:45 PM   #68
Frenchie
Have you seen my nuts?

Well Vancouver's a good team. if you ask me Pat quinn screwed it up for ya, same thing he did for the Leaf's.

So much potential out the window... scary

Go Leafs Go!

Not sure where to! lol
Old 11-23-2006, 01:48 PM   #69
twoblues
(.)(.)

Nah, it wasn't Quinn, he didn't want Messier, the owner did. The old owner wanted a marquee superstar.

Quinn record with the Leafs was also very good compared to previous Leafs coaches.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:59 PM   #70
Frenchie
Have you seen my nuts?

fair enough

I'm still on the fence for some of the things they did here when he was there but who knows, there's allot of unseen things in the background that we miss.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:53 PM   #71
Jy
Retired
I Love It Here

Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like

I was a Vancouver fan for years, but after what they did to Steve Moore, I will never watch another Vancouver game again. I can't understand how anyone can support an organization that would not only encourage but create the head hunt that ensued after Moore's hit on Naslund. Burke, Crawford, and May, just to name a few, were disgraceful in their conduct. And for any of the players to support Bertuzzi's cowardly attack on Moore is reprehensible.

Funny how everyone has conveniently forgotten what happened and just got back to business as usual after the strike was over.
Too bad Moore can't go back to business as usual. Ever.
Jy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:49 PM   #72
hoss
Flirting God

hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy
I was a Vancouver fan for years, but after what they did to Steve Moore, I will never watch another Vancouver game again. I can't understand how anyone can support an organization that would not only encourage but create the head hunt that ensued after Moore's hit on Naslund. Burke, Crawford, and May, just to name a few, were disgraceful in their conduct. And for any of the players to support Bertuzzi's cowardly attack on Moore is reprehensible.

Funny how everyone has conveniently forgotten what happened and just got back to business as usual after the strike was over.
You know i live here,and it disgusted us as well...it also brought up some very interesting legal points....we have not watched hardly any games this year ,the games are boring and unexciting..........

i think there is still quite a air of disgust hanging over this team...the fans arent there this year...there are many empty seats....but your right ,everyone forgets except the guy who had been changed for a lifetime..
Old 11-24-2006, 01:15 PM   #73
twoblues
(.)(.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy

I remember racing home from a night class to catch this game. I came home, my brother was already there and he told me the game was lost. The score was pretty lopsided and the Canucks were playing poorly. I sat down, watched a little and then saw the "event". I think everyone will say that what happened was certainly disagreeable. Bertuzzi was an ass, plain and simple. He made a mistake, sure, but he's also acts like a spoiled brat, not like a man. Whether or not Burke or Crawford said anything is pure speculation. Sure, there was probably talk of retribution, but I feel pretty sure that none of them said "break his neck".

Shitty things happen in all sports. Sometimes a player just goes nuts. Considering they are just overexcited athletes being cheered on by thousands of fans in a colliseum. Every sport has had it's fair share of issues. The Canucks are a much different team than they were 2-3 years ago.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:19 PM   #74
cherokeered
this space for rent
I Love It Here

cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like

MyDevils play today at 4PM....so you know where I will be...lol

Cherokee...
cherokeered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:21 PM   #75
twoblues
(.)(.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss
...the fans arent there this year...there are many empty seats....but your right ,everyone forgets except the guy who had been changed for a lifetime..
It's true, there are empty seats, but they are still seats that have been bought. Every game is still a sell-out, but I'd imagine with the style of play the team is using these days (I'm not even going to mention the Nashville game last night, heck I just did), a lot of people just aren't showing up.

It can be hard with season tickets to show up to 41 games a year, sometimes 3-4 in one week. That's a huge time commitment. Much easier to watch on tv for me.

Plus, I don't think people have forgotten what Bertuzzi did, it's just that most have moved on. I put that Bertuzzi incident up there with Mike Tyson biting Hollyfield's ear for all-time crazy things to happen on a tv sporting event. (Well, I'll also add a crazy eye-gouging incident I saw in a Rugby game).

Like the Chicago Black Sox of 1919, nobody will forget what they did, but they'll still support the current White Sox.