Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Junk Drawer

Junk Drawer If you have nothing constructive to say then this is the place to say it. Happy Birthdays would fit well here.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
Aradia
Court Jester

Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,044 Posts
Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb The Herb & Plant Thread!!!

Ok so I love plants and the remedies, recipes and miscellaneous things that we can use them for. If you have any herbal concoctions that you use please share them with us in case we have a herb-mergency that we might need it for
Aradia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aradia For This Useful Post:
artemis (07-08-2012), Red Angel (07-10-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
Shawn
Forum Surfer

Thanked 17,616 Times in 9,230 Posts
Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like

I live in Cali .... yeah everyone uses an herb out here to cure things
artemis (07-08-2012), whispers (07-11-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
La Croix
Loa...

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,401 Posts
La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like

YAY! Looks great, and I got to post first. Well, second but...
Old 07-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #4
Apparition
deus ex machina

Thanked 8,729 Times in 6,700 Posts
Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like

Ah. Damn u cell hell!
but ok..I like to make my own salves for various things.
I use lot of plantain, nettle and pau d ' arco infused in extra virgin olive oil/beeswax for my daughters eczema.
scoobertina (07-08-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #5
artemis
Flirting God

Thanked 11,210 Times in 8,136 Posts
artemis has disabled reputation

For colds & sore throat: I boil shredded pieces of ginger, cloves, small cinnamon stick, cardamom, black pepper slightly ground & a bit of fennel oh & a bit of black tea. Boil well till it becomes sort of a dark strong tea, strain & drink with bit of honey.. I usually use small sake cups to sip it.

Works like a charm!

artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artemis For This Useful Post:
scoobertina (07-08-2012), whispers (07-11-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #6
artemis
Flirting God

One thing that tastes quite yummy & good for the tummy (if the food is too rich & greasy):
Add fennel seeds to slightly warm water. Drink the water cold or warm & you can keep adding water to the seeds kinda like green-tea leaves that can be steeped multiple times.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artemis For This Useful Post:
Aradia (07-08-2012), scoobertina (07-08-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #7
La Croix
Loa...

La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like La Croix Is God Like

Vinaigre des Quatre Voleurs (Four Thieves Vinegar)
Red wine vinegar (enough to fill an empty whiskey bottle)
Wormwood, Mint, Juniper, Marjoram, Sage, Cloves, Rue, Lavender, Rosemary, Horehound (handful each)
1 oz. Camphor.
Set in the sun two weeks with a piece of leather over the mouth, and then stop it nightly.
Steeping these herbs in vinegar for six weeks before decanting.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #8
Aradia
Court Jester

Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute Aradia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by icymaiden View Post
Ah. Damn u cell hell!
but ok..I like to make my own salves for various things.
I use lot of plantain, nettle and pau d ' arco infused in extra virgin olive oil/beeswax for my daughters eczema.
I use plantain alot too. I make a tea out of it and keep in the fridge for a few days and use it topically on wounds, burns or just on the skin because it feels so darn good.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aradia For This Useful Post:
artemis (07-08-2012), scoobertina (07-08-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #9
artemis
Flirting God

I just use aloe from the leaf for burns, even alletgic reactions on my dog's skin... And also as a general face mask treatment.

The Following User Says Thank You to artemis For This Useful Post:
Aradia (07-08-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #10
La Croix
Loa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
I just use aloe from the leaf for burns, even alletgic reactions on my dog's skin... And also as a general face mask treatment.
You treat your face mask?
Old 07-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #11
Aradia
Court Jester

I grow lemon balm and chocolate mint in the garden for tea uses but inhaling the mint is said to be a stimulant and wakes you up. Also supposed to be good for curing headaches, but doesnt always work out so well. I grew bergamot for tea too a few years back, it was wonderful.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:29 PM   #12
artemis
Flirting God

It is too simple but cucumber slices on the eyes really does work... I simply love it!! I keep swapping them for fresh slices when the wilt with body temp.

Mint steeped tea is excellent as a digestive & a fennel tea for colicky babies.

The Following User Says Thank You to artemis For This Useful Post:
Aradia (07-08-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #13
Aradia
Court Jester

Another thing that fascinates me is the dyeing of natural fabrics with herbs, plants, leaves and bark. I've purchsed some indigo and want to try it out on some cotton too. Messy they say to do but I wanna give it a shot. I have a plant book that has a section on different colors that can be obtained when using certain plants and mordants

http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-B.../dp/0140238026

Ive had it forever I think I took it from my mom when I was 15 and never gave it back lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Aradia For This Useful Post:
scoobertina (07-08-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #14
Aradia
Court Jester

Quote:
It is too simple but cucumber slices on the eyes really does work... I simply love it!! I keep swapping them for fresh slices when the wilt with body temp.

Mint steeped tea is excellent as a digestive & a fennel tea for colicky babies.
or green tea bags steeped and then put on a plate in the freezer for 5-6 minutes. Holy hell! Your eyes feel all anti-puff....frozen but anti-puff
The Following User Says Thank You to Aradia For This Useful Post:
artemis (07-08-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #15
La Croix
Loa...

Intrigue Powder (women only)

equal parts catnip and rose petals
put in a sachet and wear across your body under your arm
Old 07-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #16
artemis
Flirting God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradia View Post
or green tea bags steeped and then put on a plate in the freezer for 5-6 minutes. Holy hell! Your eyes feel all anti-puff....frozen but anti-puff
Can I use just the tea leaves say wrapped in a tissue? I have those metal ball sieves for my teas (all different sorts)

Old 07-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #17
scoobertina
scoobalicious

Thanked 18,410 Times in 12,465 Posts
scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like

I'm starting to succeed with my flower garden and have wanted to plant an herb garden, now you ladies are giving me an intense craving to just do it next year..

thanks... I didn't know what I would do with the herbs once I grew them.. I will use this thread... a lot
Old 07-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #18
La Croix
Loa...

Quote:
Can I use just the tea leaves say wrapped in a tissue? I have those metal ball sieves for my teas (all different sorts)

I dont mean to but in here but yea, should work the same. Dont use the metal tea-ball though.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #19
La Croix
Loa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobertina View Post
I'm starting to succeed with my flower garden and have wanted to plant an herb garden, now you ladies are giving me an intense craving to just do it next year..

thanks... I didn't know what I would do with the herbs once I grew them.. I will use this thread... a lot

I wouldnt wait till next spring, you can get a start on a lot of the perennial varieties now and they will be hearty enough by winter to survive. WHat are are you in?
Aradia (07-08-2012), artemis (07-08-2012), scoobertina (07-08-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #20
scoobertina
scoobalicious

Thanked 18,410 Times in 12,465 Posts
scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Croix View Post
I wouldnt wait till next spring, you can get a start on a lot of the perennial varieties now and they will be hearty enough by winter to survive. WHat are are you in?
Ga.. I'm so used to planting in the fall and spring that I never thought of planting now..
Old 07-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #21
La Croix
Loa...

a LITTLE BIT....little, little bit of high quality cinnamon in high quality baby oil makes a great home made KY warming (try mint, too)

seriously..

oh god i cant beleive i had to qualify that with "seriously"
Aradia (07-08-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #22
Aradia
Court Jester

Quote:
yeah that will work or I know here they have little empty tea bags to like put tea in but even cheese cloth or whatever would work

Quote:

Oh yeah you can have a few inside in a window too if you want! They can make you happy all year round
Old 07-08-2012, 11:45 PM   #23
Aradia
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Croix View Post
a LITTLE BIT....little, little bit of high quality cinnamon in high quality baby oil makes a great home made KY warming (try mint, too)

seriously..

oh god i cant beleive i had to qualify that with "seriously"
Could you use it in a sweet almond oil? Do you think it would work as well? I love that for skin
Old 07-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #24
La Croix
Loa...

Quote:
Ga.. I'm so used to planting in the fall and spring that I never thought of planting now..
Yeah you could go ahead with things like rosemary, mints, oregano - some of the hearty stuff. Just start it in pots in the shade and baby it until it gets like 2 sets of adult leaves then you can set it out. But LOTS of water all summer and some evening shade wouldnt hurt. Should survive the winter fine and be ready to use next spring.
scoobertina (07-08-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #25
La Croix
Loa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradia View Post
Could you use it in a sweet almond oil? Do you think it would work as well? I love that for skin

yes ma'am...any oil that wouldn't do any harm to "that part" of a woman's body. NOTHING that has the seed in itself to ferment (like olive oil) or we'll be running to the store for some monistat if you get my drift.

oh god am I actually effin' talking about this? how gay am I?

Tags
herb , plant , remedy