Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Junk Drawer

Junk Drawer If you have nothing constructive to say then this is the place to say it. Happy Birthdays would fit well here.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
artemis
irretrievable

Thanked 11,102 Times in 8,063 Posts
artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like
Default What Sounds....?

Humans everywhere are now used to certain sounds in our daily lives that we constantly associate with maybe routine or something normal. When they change or are taken away all together, it's always disconcerting & takes a while to get used to...

Like the good old telephone ring to the modern ring to now almost exclusive mobile devices...

What sounds are sort of "normal" associations?

What can you do without & wish they were gone?

PS: I'm not stopping my moaning sounds for anything

artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to artemis For This Useful Post:
Bailey~* (10-04-2013)
Old 10-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
Bailey~*
earning Valhalla

Thanked 8,865 Times in 4,997 Posts
Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like

LOL one of the tags on this is *fart* huh?

We have fans all over our house, it's and old fashioned sound that never updates, always stays consistent. And everyone in my house likes them.

Kids giggling I'd miss.

Bike tires on wet pavement is wonderful.

Almost everyone in my house doesn't like wind chimes, they think they're creepy. I think wind itself is rather lonely, but I wouldn't want it to be gone.

The dish washer is comforting for some reason. The alarm clock isn't. Although at least our current one starts soft, then builds. When kids were little they had Pokemon clocks.. One Pikachu, one Charmander.. They said 'gotta catch em' all' over and over and over. At the time we wanted them gone, but now t's a good memory.

Certain video game sounds are comforting because I associate them with life timelines.

We used to have a Halloween mechanical crow that squawked 'the end is near, the end is near'... It should have been irritating, but wasn't.. it was whimsical and nostalgic.. I miss that crow

At dinner we all talk at the same time, and we're loud.. I'd say most people would want peace, and want that gone.. but I love it. My childhood was quiet to the point of being stoic, so I love my loud raucous family.

I'll be sad to hear the crickets, and cicadas gone, they comfort me.. But, I love crackling fires of winter.. And my favorite sound in winter is almost no sound at all.. the sound of a hard snow.. all the people and animals are inside, but the snow, the light wind, and creaking trees make a wonderfully quiet set of sounds which isn't a sound anyone gets to hear often.

Two sounds which have mixed reactions.. One is listening to vinyl, and accidentally skipping a needle over the surface... The needle skip sinks your heart in case of a scratch, but it's a sound that only comes with vinyl.. so in a weird way it's an 'authentic' comforting sound'. A second mixed reaction sound is thunderstorms.. The unexpected booms make you jump, and worry.. but at the same time it's an amazing sound.

Other timeless comforting sounds are trains when you're waiting right at the crossroads, any bass sound, the cello, and the sound of pool balls striking together.
Bailey~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
Bailey~*
earning Valhalla

Thanked 8,865 Times in 4,997 Posts
Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
PS: I'm not stopping my moaning sounds for anything
As far as sex sounds go, I think doggie style makes the best skin to skin contact sounds.
Bailey~* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bailey~* For This Useful Post:
gabrielle22 (10-04-2013), SoCal guy (10-04-2013), Violetsrblue (10-05-2013)
Old 10-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
redwing
Unique like everyone else

Thanked 4,319 Times in 3,246 Posts
redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like

the kids voices, if they weren't there I'd shrivel up and die
redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redwing For This Useful Post:
Bailey~* (10-04-2013)
Old 10-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #5
Ivan
Lover ... of donuts

Thanked 6,386 Times in 3,912 Posts
Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like

I have a story about that ...

My wife is a big city girl and is adjusted to the constant noise of the city. Buses, cars, scooters, horns, people talking, dogs barking. Kind of like living in Times Square.

So once I took her on holiday to a very remote island in the Mediterranean. We were laying in bed, the windows were open, and it was dead silent ... except for 1 frog off in the bushes. Every 10 minutes the frog would go "ribbit".

And my wife finally got out of bed and said to me, "I can't sleep with all that noise!!!"

Made me laugh.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ivan For This Useful Post:
Jelly (10-04-2013), redwing (10-05-2013)
Old 10-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #6
artemis
irretrievable

Thanked 11,102 Times in 8,063 Posts
artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
I have a story about that ...

My wife is a big city girl and is adjusted to the constant noise of the city. Buses, cars, scooters, horns, people talking, dogs barking. Kind of like living in Times Square.

So once I took her on holiday to a very remote island in the Mediterranean. We were laying in bed, the windows were open, and it was dead silent ... except for 1 frog off in the bushes. Every 10 minutes the frog would go "ribbit".

And my wife finally got out of bed and said to me, "I can't sleep with all that noise!!!"

Made me laugh.
I've done that on my very first camping trip! (Am ashamed when I think of it now!)

artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #7
cougarmomma
Ready's lady

Thanked 2,867 Times in 2,087 Posts
cougarmomma Is God Like cougarmomma Is God Like cougarmomma Is God Like cougarmomma Is God Like cougarmomma Is God Like cougarmomma Is God Like cougarmomma Is God Like cougarmomma Is God Like cougarmomma Is God Like cougarmomma Is God Like cougarmomma Is God Like

my favorite sound is that of children laughing, i'm so lucky to have a job that I can hear that daily
Old 10-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #8
Dixie Peach
Flirting Goddess

Dixie Peach Is God Like Dixie Peach Is God Like Dixie Peach Is God Like Dixie Peach Is God Like Dixie Peach Is God Like Dixie Peach Is God Like Dixie Peach Is God Like Dixie Peach Is God Like Dixie Peach Is God Like Dixie Peach Is God Like Dixie Peach Is God Like

Been listening to the mocking bird all summer...now he has gone silent.
Dixie Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dixie Peach For This Useful Post:
Bailey~* (10-05-2013)
Old 10-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #9
Sarge
EXTENDED LEAVE

Thanked 1,003 Times in 758 Posts
Sarge Is God Like Sarge Is God Like Sarge Is God Like Sarge Is God Like Sarge Is God Like Sarge Is God Like Sarge Is God Like Sarge Is God Like Sarge Is God Like Sarge Is God Like Sarge Is God Like

I have to go with the sound of a fan in the house. Even though we have AC, I have to have a fan going. If the electricity goes out while I'm sleeping, I'm awake right then because the fan sound is gone.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarge For This Useful Post:
Dixie Peach (10-04-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 12:15 AM   #10
trlnlty
I'm your Huckleberry

Thanked 6,964 Times in 5,018 Posts
trlnlty Is God Like trlnlty Is God Like trlnlty Is God Like trlnlty Is God Like trlnlty Is God Like trlnlty Is God Like trlnlty Is God Like trlnlty Is God Like trlnlty Is God Like trlnlty Is God Like trlnlty Is God Like

My kids laughter and joking around.. They keep me in stitches..

And when you're in need of someone, my heart won't deny you. So many seem so lonely with no one left to cry to
trlnlty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #11
Dahlia
Je ne sais quoi

Thanked 3,114 Times in 2,497 Posts
Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like

The birds in the morning and the sound of crickets at night..
Dahlia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
farts , normal life , sex , sounds