Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Everyday Life For Married Couples

Everyday Life For Married Couples A forum for couples to chat about your everyday married life. This would be a good place for women and men to get to know eachother.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:14 AM   #1
irwin9956
Married And Flirting

irwin9956 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Can The Butterflies Last?

Remember when you first met that special someone? Your heart would flutter and the butterflies in your stomach would start up. Your palms would start to get a little moist and matched by that moist feeling between your legs.

When did it leave and why did it leave?

Can it continue for ever?

A good friend of mine, 55 years of age and married for more than 20 years says she still gets butterflies when she is about to see her husband?

Can this be?
irwin9956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:25 AM   #2
celtichazel
Super Flirt

celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute

sad to say that feeling seems to come and go, life and the such seems to get in the way of those darn butterflies, good news, i got the butterflies today, something about the way he was leaning against the car while talking to me, sexy...however, now, he is snoring on the couch....needless to say, the butterflies have left the building.
celtichazel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to celtichazel For This Useful Post:
fly (09-13-2008), Krystal (09-13-2008), Luna (09-13-2008), softrosepetal (09-17-2008)
Old 09-13-2008, 01:30 AM   #3
gatorgal
His Heifer

gatorgal has a reputation beyond repute gatorgal has a reputation beyond repute gatorgal has a reputation beyond repute gatorgal has a reputation beyond repute gatorgal has a reputation beyond repute gatorgal has a reputation beyond repute gatorgal has a reputation beyond repute gatorgal has a reputation beyond repute gatorgal has a reputation beyond repute gatorgal has a reputation beyond repute gatorgal has a reputation beyond repute

its been well over 3 months now.. and i still get the butterflies.. anxiety builds.. massive anticipation.. its great!! hope that feeling never goes away
gatorgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gatorgal For This Useful Post:
Krystal (09-13-2008)
Old 09-13-2008, 01:32 AM   #4
Alfa
Smilin@the world go by

Thanked 4,917 Times in 3,127 Posts
Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin9956 View Post
Remember when you first met that special someone? Your heart would flutter and the butterflies in your stomach would start up. Your palms would start to get a little moist and matched by that moist feeling between your legs.

A good friend of mine, 55 years of age and married for more than 20 years says she still gets butterflies when she is about to see her husband?

Can this be?
Yes!!!

One of my most fondest memories growing up was seeing my 90 year old grandfather look at my grandmother with a mixture of fluttering butterflies and unconditional love after over 60 years of marriage.

Awesome and wonderful to see!

Alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfa For This Useful Post:
NotTooGirly (09-17-2008), softrosepetal (09-17-2008)
Old 09-13-2008, 10:07 AM   #5
Ally
It’s time...

Thanked 7,658 Times in 5,042 Posts
Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like

I wish they would last...it's the best feeling in the world. I haven't felt them for my hubby in a long time.
Ally is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ally For This Useful Post:
PlayfulMale69 (09-17-2008)
Old 09-13-2008, 10:14 AM   #6
redcat
Forum Leader

Thanked 13,437 Times in 8,558 Posts
redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo...really View Post
Yes!!!

One of my most fondest memories growing up was seeing my 90 year old grandfather look at my grandmother with a mixture of fluttering butterflies and unconditional love after over 60 years of marriage.

Awesome and wonderful to see!

What a wonderful memory to have, Fargo. It would be great if we could all experience that.
redcat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redcat For This Useful Post:
Alfa (09-13-2008)
Old 09-13-2008, 10:36 AM   #7
Krystal
Flirting Goddess

Thanked 1,085 Times in 780 Posts
Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like

I still get them for *him* too.....but for hubby, not so much
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Krystal For This Useful Post:
PlayfulMale69 (09-17-2008)
Old 09-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #8
Sneaky
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 11,466 Times in 7,237 Posts
Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like

I still do for the scoundrel after a year.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sneaky For This Useful Post:
Han Solo (09-13-2008)
Old 09-13-2008, 10:54 AM   #9
Han Solo
Back in Meh-Trocity

Thanked 7,717 Times in 4,830 Posts
Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like Han Solo Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
I still do for the scoundrel after a year.
Actually I was takin it easy on you this year.....I really do my best work in years 2 & 3........so ya best put that purple hair up in a ponytail cuz it's gonna get a little crazier this year.
Sneaky (09-13-2008)
Old 09-13-2008, 11:15 AM   #10
MIGHTY
It's all real...

MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like

Quote:

I agree with others in the opinion of it coming and going at different points in our lives. These days, it takes both partners working to make ends meet, and the work day seems to be getting longer and longer. So, to think that the daily stresses would not get in the way of the butterflies is naive, imo.

I do have to say that the butterflies do not come as often as they once did. But, in place of them is this incredible longing to be in his arms again...after a long day/night...to relieve stresses.....because I miss him. We all get the butterflies in the beginning of a relationship. But, in my opinion, the longing and desire for him now is stronger....and I certainly enjoy this feeling of intensity more than I did the premature butterflies. I think my butterflies are growing up.........

Can this be?

1. Never take your comfort for granted. It can change in a moment's notice.

2. Always be yourself and never apologize for who you are or who you have become internally. One person's trash is always another's treasure.

3. Believe in your heart. Believe in love, in life, in new beginnings.

4. Never have regrets. Learn from your mistakes and misfortunes. Know that life is one big test. You can pass it if you learn from the pop quizzes along the way.
MIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:36 AM   #11
scoobertina
scoobalicious

Thanked 18,212 Times in 12,325 Posts
scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like

I think so ~ if you have found that one person... I believe...
Old 09-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #12
OnceAKing
Expecting Company

Thanked 2,376 Times in 1,510 Posts
OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like

I think it can...I believe it can and does...I have seen it at work in others...one thing I have observed in those I've known is they are careful to guard their words during a fight/argument/disagreement. It can be so easy to feel like we have to lash out or get back or get even...Even though love can and will survive, words can't be taken back and with time I believe they will take their toll on those "Butterfly" feelings. With that said, I do believe we all go through periods when our affection waxes and wanes even in the best of relationships. We have a choice as to what we decide to make a priority in our lives and in the life of that one we love and hold so dear to us. If you both put it at the top of your list,,,it will still be there tomorrow. If that's not true I don't want to know it, I do believe love...pure love, unconditional love... is the greatest gift of all.

OnceAKing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OnceAKing For This Useful Post:
Atrebla Rose (09-17-2008), Brink (09-17-2008), NotTooGirly (09-17-2008)
Old 09-13-2008, 12:28 PM   #13
MrHyde
I Love It Here

Thanked 1,532 Times in 1,108 Posts
MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like

With the right person....of course.
MrHyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #14
.Cotties
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 5,684 Times in 4,376 Posts
.Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like

not after I have released myself
.Cotties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:43 PM   #15
MarriedQt
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

MarriedQt has a reputation beyond repute MarriedQt has a reputation beyond repute MarriedQt has a reputation beyond repute MarriedQt has a reputation beyond repute MarriedQt has a reputation beyond repute MarriedQt has a reputation beyond repute MarriedQt has a reputation beyond repute MarriedQt has a reputation beyond repute MarriedQt has a reputation beyond repute MarriedQt has a reputation beyond repute MarriedQt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Can this be?
Funny cause I always thought butterflies and sweaty palms was just nervousness. When I met my husband for the first time I felt very comfortable with him and the sweaty palms passed quickly.....I didn't really have the butterflie thing happen though. After dating for 4 months he asked me to move in and then I had that stuck on perma smile.....that lasted for a few months. Its only been 2 years since we tied the knot and I still look at him with love and lust.....if you truely love someone I don't think you ever loose the way they make you feel. I'm extremely happy and hope we continue till death do us part.
MarriedQt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #16
msu
made it.....

Thanked 6,585 Times in 5,533 Posts
msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like msu Is God Like

What a conundrum I find myself in......I get butterflies thinking I might see a special friend, where there's no romantic connection there whatsoever, whereas with wifey it just doesn't seem to happen much at all. I don't think it's "her", I think it's "life", because if a moment of "clear sky" does come during the ratrace of everything else and I see her, I do get them.

Emotional connections can be disrupted by so much in life, and it's a darn shame.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #17
WandaRing
life can work...

WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like

I have never had the butterfly experience over a guy...at least not yet. I think for those who have had it and lost it, they get too busy and caught up with life and all it's happenings. Technology was supposed to make things easier and less busy for our lifestyles, but it seems the more advance we become the less we commit our time and energy towards our loved ones. That song Cat's In the Cradle comes to mind.
92115guy (09-17-2008), softrosepetal (09-17-2008)
Old 09-13-2008, 02:48 PM   #18
cherokeered
this space for rent
I Love It Here

cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like

yeh you can...as long as the feelings for the person are still the same and the attraction is there.....
cherokeered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:03 PM   #19
FeIsTy FaV
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 3,874 Times in 2,948 Posts
FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like

When I read the first sentence of your post my first thought was..... I only get the feeling when we are in a HUGE fight..
FeIsTy FaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 07:32 PM   #20
OICurready4me
Mighty's sex toy

OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like

I don't know about butterflies but I get some sort of feeling that makes my heart jump and gives me a warm feeling through my entire body.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:15 AM   #21
NotTooGirly
Back into the shadows

NotTooGirly Is God Like NotTooGirly Is God Like NotTooGirly Is God Like NotTooGirly Is God Like NotTooGirly Is God Like NotTooGirly Is God Like NotTooGirly Is God Like NotTooGirly Is God Like NotTooGirly Is God Like NotTooGirly Is God Like NotTooGirly Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHyde View Post
With the right person....of course.
...and if both people understand that sometimes it takes a little amateur entomology to keep those butterflies in the air, I'd say the chances increase greatly.

- Aerosmith, "Dream On"
NotTooGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:20 AM   #22
FizProf
Goodbye

FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like

I still get the butterflies when I get home from a business trip, especially if a serious change of time zone is involved. It is as if a coonection was cut and you don't miss it until you miss it. Maybe there is something to the paranormal electromagnetic energy theory of interpersonal connections
And maybe the metal skin of the airplane blocks this out. Or may be it's the utter loneliness of a 10-12 hour flight? Why am I here then?...I don't know
anymore.

Quote:

Can this be?
FizProf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:57 AM   #23
Brink
"Man of few words"

Thanked 1,846 Times in 1,107 Posts
Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like

A few days apart from my wife and the butterflies return when I'm about to see her again.

Not quite like the first date, but I'm sure to go to more effort, even dare to impress her, once we reunite.

Hope those feelings never go away. Would feel we were losing something if they did.
Brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:28 PM   #24
TammyE
Fresh start!

TammyE Is God Like TammyE Is God Like TammyE Is God Like TammyE Is God Like TammyE Is God Like TammyE Is God Like TammyE Is God Like TammyE Is God Like TammyE Is God Like TammyE Is God Like TammyE Is God Like

I've never really had the butterflies with my husband, but with the guy I've been seeing for ten months now...mmm...definitely get them all the time. It's a very addicting feeling.
TammyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #25
92115guy
I chose "Dare"

92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieGeee View Post
I have never had the butterfly experience over a guy...at least not yet. I think for those who have had it and lost it, they get too busy and caught up with life and all it's happenings. Technology was supposed to make things easier and less busy for our lifestyles, but it seems the more advance we become the less we commit our time and energy towards our loved ones. That song Cat's In the Cradle comes to mind.
I would have to agree with Annie. Keeping those butterfly's is something that takes work. It's a good kind of work but it's still work and it becomes very easy in life to take what we have for granted.

james
92115guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 92115guy For This Useful Post:
Atrebla Rose (09-17-2008), NotTooGirly (09-17-2008)