Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Everyday Life For Married Couples

Everyday Life For Married Couples A forum for couples to chat about your everyday married life. This would be a good place for women and men to get to know eachother.

Old 05-23-2006, 05:23 AM   #26
Dmy
Always dreaming!

Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like

Thanks Jazzy for helping us all remember how are parents were so good to us and it was those little things that counted.

I can remember riding horses with no saddle as a kid, just kinda bounced around and then next thing you were bouncing off the back or over the side... I remember once ending up underneath around his neck,pulling his head down and eventually falling off infront the horse...good thing we had some gentle horses.

I remember fishing the little stream by our house like everday after school, and then down by the river with the neighbor kid later on once our mothers trusted us ... , we never got in any trouble.....just some mud fights, a few fires, boiling things alive on it, etc...just being a boy .
Dmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:06 AM   #27
sweet

Thanked 2,631 Times in 1,658 Posts
sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy
Thanks Jazzy for helping us all remember how are parents were so good to us and it was those little things that counted.

I can remember riding horses with no saddle as a kid, just kinda bounced around and then next thing you were bouncing off the back or over the side... I remember once ending up underneath around his neck,pulling his head down and eventually falling off infront the horse...good thing we had some gentle horses.

I remember fishing the little stream by our house like everday after school, and then down by the river with the neighbor kid later on once our mothers trusted us ... , we never got in any trouble.....just some mud fights, a few fires, boiling things alive on it, etc...just being a boy .
Gosh that sounds like fun!!
I remember me and and a neighbor kid would go down to the pond and try to catch the frogs or hippity hop toads as I would call them.
One of my favorite things to do when I was little was go looking for night crawlers (worms)with my brothers so we could go fishin. I was a bit of a tomboy as you can tell.
sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:59 PM   #28
Dmy
Always dreaming!

Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like

I remember my dad working in the barley fields on HOT days on the combine with no cab on it and cant imagine doing that. Unloading barley out of the trucks, hot, dusty, itchy and sweaty. I dont miss that!
I remember riding in the trucks cutting corn for silage...my dad would sometimes shoot the corn next to the window or throw pieces of corn cobs at me....Still was one of my favorite times of the harvest of crops.
I remember bottle feeding the baby calves and how cute those soft long eye brows were on the baby calves. Getting up and helping drive the pickup or truck with hay in the winter or early spring...even if I couldnt reach the petals...:"Just drive in a striaght line or around the field"
I wish my kids had what I grew up with and not miss some of those things of living on a farm or ranch.
Dmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 01:20 PM   #29
sweet

sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy
I remember my dad working in the barley fields on HOT days on the combine with no cab on it and cant imagine doing that. Unloading barley out of the trucks, hot, dusty, itchy and sweaty. I dont miss that!
I remember riding in the trucks cutting corn for silage...my dad would sometimes shoot the corn next to the window or throw pieces of corn cobs at me....Still was one of my favorite times of the harvest of crops.
I remember bottle feeding the baby calves and how cute those soft long eye brows were on the baby calves. Getting up and helping drive the pickup or truck with hay in the winter or early spring...even if I couldnt reach the petals...:"Just drive in a striaght line or around the field"
I wish my kids had what I grew up with and not miss some of those things of living on a farm or ranch.
Sounds like you had a great childhood hun. I wish I could've lived out on a farm. We lived out in the country and would visit our neighbors farm, and that was always fun, but not the same as living on your own. Hopefully I can find a nice quiet place out in the country some day so that my kids will at least get to experience a little of what living in the country is all about. I miss that so much! City life is deffinetly not for me.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:46 PM   #30
dartgirl
Flirting God

dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute

I use to go spend a couple of weeks every summer on my uncles dairy farm. I love the smell of fresh cut alfalfa. It was such fun to play in the hay barn or roll around up in the grain above the milk barn.
dartgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 01:09 AM   #31
MCat
Flirting Goddess

Thanked 1,264 Times in 824 Posts
MCat has disabled reputation

For my 16th birthday my parents let me and my sister spend a month during the summer in Arkansas with my grandparents. It was a blast. They ran a small general store and we made lunches for the local farmers. Mom and Dad came and got us just in time...we were about to have us some bean farmers
MCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:26 PM   #32
Jy
Retired
I Love It Here

Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like

My son's fifth birthday is coming up soon, so I have been starting my lists, and fielding numerous suggestions from him as to what activities we should plan for the party (and no, I'm not buying a pony so they can have pony rides!!) This seems to be a landmark birthday; the official end to babyhood, a new chapter of childhood beginning, and I couldn't help but remember my fifth birthday, as it was one of the most memorable birthdays of my life.
My mom spent a lot of my childhood in and out of the hospital. The summer of 1970 was an especially bad one and she was gone for most of it. Her absence was tangible and homelife was subdued and tense while we waited for news of her health. Sensing the need to boost our spirits, my 13 year old sister decided to throw me a birthday party. She and a few of her friends baked a cake, organized games, decorated the house, and invited all my friends. I hadn't had a party before, and I was overwhelmed by it all. I felt like a true princess in my party dress, my best shoes and socks accessorized by some fetching scabs on my knees, and a cardboard and foil tiara completing the look. I'm not sure who had more fun though, the partygoers or the organizers! They were so proud of their hard work and success, which they should have been. Especially considering how young they were, they put on a fantastic party and even had loot bags for the guests to take home.
Looking back on that day, I'm am once again overwhelmed by their selfless and generous gesture. Even at five years of age, I knew that she had gone to alot of trouble, but couldn't fully grasp the magnitude of such an undertaking until I was a mother myself. Throwing a party for a group of youngsters isn't just a walk in the park. It's boot camp!
This morning I called my sister and her three friends just to say thanks again for such a loving and thoughtful act of kindness. I have never forgotten it.
Jy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:37 PM   #33
yaser
Flirting God

Thanked 1,467 Times in 1,421 Posts
yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy
My son's fifth birthday is coming up soon, so I have been starting my lists, and fielding numerous suggestions from him as to what activities we should plan for the party (and no, I'm not buying a pony so they can have pony rides!!) This seems to be a landmark birthday; the official end to babyhood, a new chapter of childhood beginning, and I couldn't help but remember my fifth birthday, as it was one of the most memorable birthdays of my life.
My mom spent a lot of my childhood in and out of the hospital. The summer of 1970 was an especially bad one and she was gone for most of it. Her absence was tangible and homelife was subdued and tense while we waited for news of her health. Sensing the need to boost our spirits, my 13 year old sister decided to throw me a birthday party. She and a few of her friends baked a cake, organized games, decorated the house, and invited all my friends. I hadn't had a party before, and I was overwhelmed by it all. I felt like a true princess in my party dress, my best shoes and socks accessorized by some fetching scabs on my knees, and a cardboard and foil tiara completing the look. I'm not sure who had more fun though, the partygoers or the organizers! They were so proud of their hard work and success, which they should have been. Especially considering how young they were, they put on a fantastic party and even had loot bags for the guests to take home.
Looking back on that day, I'm am once again overwhelmed by their selfless and generous gesture. Even at five years of age, I knew that she had gone to alot of trouble, but couldn't fully grasp the magnitude of such an undertaking until I was a mother myself. Throwing a party for a group of youngsters isn't just a walk in the park. It's boot camp!
This morning I called my sister and her three friends just to say thanks again for such a loving and thoughtful act of kindness. I have never forgotten it.
You are the true princess,Jazzy..

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
yaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:46 PM   #34
Jy
Retired
I Love It Here

Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like

Thank you, Yasar. And you, my friend, are a true prince.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasar
You are the true princess,Jazzy..
Old 06-28-2006, 07:56 PM   #35
sweet

That was such a heartwarming story Jazzy. It sounds like you have a wonderful big sister who loves you very much. And I agree, you are a true princess!

Quote:
Old 06-28-2006, 09:17 PM   #36
Misty
Flirting Goddess

Misty has a reputation beyond repute Misty has a reputation beyond repute Misty has a reputation beyond repute Misty has a reputation beyond repute Misty has a reputation beyond repute Misty has a reputation beyond repute Misty has a reputation beyond repute Misty has a reputation beyond repute Misty has a reputation beyond repute Misty has a reputation beyond repute Misty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My son's fifth birthday is coming up soon, .......
Congratulations Jazzy for ekeing out the best from what could have been devastatingly sad times ... not many have the knack for it.
and that sister of yours requires a big hug from us all
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:36 AM   #37
Jy
Retired
I Love It Here

Thank you, Misty. I learned at a very tender age that what doesn't kill you will make you strong. I figure I'm pretty much bionic by now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty
Congratulations Jazzy for ekeing out the best from what could have been devastatingly sad times ... not many have the knack for it.
and that sister of yours requires a big hug from us all
Old 06-29-2006, 12:38 AM   #38
Sandy
Flirting Goddess

Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute

yes you are sis
Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:39 AM   #39
yaser
Flirting God

yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like

Quote:
Thank you, Misty. I learned at a very tender age that what doesn't kill you will make you strong. I figure I'm pretty much bionic by now!!
Feel happy for you feel that way..

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
Old 07-21-2006, 03:34 PM   #40
Jy
Retired
I Love It Here

After my son had his bath last night, he got in his jammies and we sat outside on the deck to read his bedtime story. As I was reading, I could smell the top of his head, which smelled like shampoo, fresh air, sunshine and little boy smell which is so difficult to describe. It's such a fresh, happy, alive smell!

I remember being that same age, sitting out on the back patio in my jammies at the end of a long, fun-filled summer day, feeling relaxed, peaceful and excited about what the next day would bring.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:04 PM   #41
yaser
Flirting God

Quote:
After my son had his bath last night, he got in his jammies and we sat outside on the deck to read his bedtime story. As I was reading, I could smell the top of his head, which smelled like shampoo, fresh air, sunshine and little boy smell which is so difficult to describe. It's such a fresh, happy, alive smell!

I remember being that same age, sitting out on the back patio in my jammies at the end of a long, fun-filled summer day, feeling relaxed, peaceful and excited about what the next day would bring.
I love the smell of lsome ladies but not some but childer smell like a flower. I wonder how you smell now and when you were a small girl..My fantasy about the smell is I must be able to find my love among the 1000 ladies by smelling all of them...

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
Old 07-21-2006, 06:34 PM   #42
SaltyLime
Enchanted Salt Shaker

SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like

a lot of halloween ones. picking out masks. putting on make up. that was short lived, when i was 11 a woman told me i was too old. winter time lots of good memories tubing in the the snow. walking home from school and all the short stops like getting a drink from the clinic, taking sanitary wipes from dairy queen.
SaltyLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:56 PM   #43
Sunfiresix
Flirting God

Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like

My best memory is the summers I spent as a kid with my friends(yup had a couple) swimming in the St Lawrence River--that is when it was pure and clean.

Why was I born handsome rather than rich.....
Sunfiresix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:07 PM   #44
tiger50
I turned into a lurker
I Love It Here

Location: I come from a land downunder, where women glow and men plunder,can you hear,can you hear the thunder
tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like

swimming in the dam on the farm... roll an old cart up on the bank.. pile in... down we go..splash..lol...
tiger50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:58 PM   #45
Zpanther
Flirting God

Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like

Got great memories of my childhood.... lots and lots of 'em.

One: riding my horse for miles through the foothills of the Crazy Mountains... seeing no other people or houses or roads.... enjoying the gophers and woodchucks whistling and scampering too and fro.... deer watching me inquisitively and then bounding over the ridge.... getting off to examine a bear track.... spying a red fox slinking through the brush.... imagining I'm a character in a western movie.... listening to the red winged blackbirds and magpies loudly chirping at each other...... a meadow lark singing in a meadow sprinkled with wild flowers..... and eagle soaring high above, hunting for rodents...... stopping at a clear bubbling stream to give my horse a drink and scooping up some of the cool water myself .... wishing that cute girl that lives a few miles from my place might suddenly appear on her horse... noticing a badger poke his head out of his large hole in the hillside.... inhaling the aroma of the sagebrush and pine trees.... ruluctantly turning my horse for the ride back to the house.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:51 AM   #46
hoss
Flirting God

hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like

my favorite memory is visiting my graddads with my mom and dad..when i was a young lad i would lay on my dads chest and listen to his heart beat as i fell asleep on him...or going with my dad for a ice cream in sundays...playing in the sawdust on the floor as my dad worked at his latest project...marching in step as my dad and i walked to the corner store so i could buy the latest archie comic..how my dad left the change on the dresser after work and never saying anything when i took it all for pop...how every christmas i got what i wanted,only to find out years later my dad would hunt all over town for the things i wanted..how my dad was always there for me ,whenever i needed him...

the thing i have to live with is that my dad and i grew very far apart when i got older..
i had forgotten all of the things i just mentioned until it was too late....when he died in march all of these memories came flooding back,thanks to a special lady who helped me remember them.....i miss you dad.....
Old 08-14-2006, 02:55 AM   #47
Jy
Retired
I Love It Here

I heard an old song tonight that brought back a memory of one of my favourite pasttimes as a child...

As many of you know, I am an avid cyclist; I've been passionate about it from the time I got my first bike. It was second-hand, but that didn't matter to me. It was fire engine red, with a basket, and colured beads on the spokes that would rattle and click as I sped along the open roads of our small town.
I would pop my transistor radio in the basket -oftentimes along side my pet Chihuahua- and pedal up and down the streets, my long hair riding the breeze, usually barefoot, clad in my summer uniform of faded cut-offs and a halter, singing along at the top of my lungs to every song. What a glorious, carefree feeling.
Alot of things have changed since then. Now I know the dangers of wearing a walkman while cycling, I wear sensible running shoes, a good helmet, and cycling shorts, but one thing hasn't changed. I still sing at the top of my lungs while I'm riding, but now I have my little boy with me to sing along with.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:27 AM   #48
Jy
Retired
I Love It Here

As I opened the back door this morning to let the dog out, I caught the clean, crisp and unmistakeble scent of winter in the air, and something about it brought back one of my favourite memories of winters.
Every winter, my dad would build a skating rink in our back yard. Back then there was no such thing as rink "kits" like now. He did it the old fashioned way, patting down the snow, levelling it, building up the banks all around. We had a big back yard, so it was always a good size rink. He worked long hours, but every night he'd go out and flood it before bed, slowly buildling the layers. We all learned how to skate right around the time we were potty trained, so we spent all of our free time out there, playing shinny with the neighbourhood kids, squeezing in a few laps between school and supper, late at night under the faint glow coming from the back porch lamp. What a magical time it was.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:33 AM   #49
spare_change
Multiple Orgasm Donor
I Love It Here

Thanked 4,146 Times in 2,865 Posts
spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like

And that makes me remember snow up to my waist, snow forts, tunnels, and that long lonely trip to the outhouse. i remember riding horses in snow up to their belly, crisp cold blue skies, and white snow on the pine trees, yanking on the limbs so the snow would dump on my big brothers, getting my face washed in snow, and laughing until it hurt.

Last edited by spare_change; 10-26-2006 at 01:36 AM.
spare_change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:42 AM   #50
.Cotties
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 5,684 Times in 4,376 Posts
.Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like

playing in the street and the local bush from 7 in the morning to 7 at night...

I had a great group of friends for years as a kid
.Cotties is offline   Reply With Quote