Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Everyday Life For Married Couples

Everyday Life For Married Couples A forum for couples to chat about your everyday married life. This would be a good place for women and men to get to know eachother.

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 02:14 PM   #26
hoss
Flirting God

hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy
thank you hoss, what we need are parents who listen to their kids, and watch out for stuff like this
thank you...not to detract from your thread...but when Aharon has a problem at school,he comes homes upset and sometimes it takes a few hours to get it out of him...he has some good friends that watch out for him ,but he doesnt know if someone is teasing him the wrong way...or being hurtful....

were giving him the year in public school...if it doesnt work ,then private school ..all we can do is try to give him the tools to deal with these situations...
the down side to all this is ..he's 11 next month phsyically,but emotionally he's about 8....its like a target on his back to some kids.....

all i gotta say...is these kids better watch out for momma...oye.....
Old 09-02-2006, 03:12 PM   #27
Annie
Site Lunatic

Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss
i was thinking about this last nite annie...,do u think this punk singled out your son because he has a learning disorder like ours....Aharon goes into middle school next week,i am a little nervous that the kids will single him out.....the one thing he has going for him is his size... but...he is very innocent and thinks everyone is a nice person....he does have alot of friends going to ,but its the older kids i worry about..
You know Hoss, I'm not sure, but I do think it might be a possibility. One thing that comes to mind is the frustration that kids like ours might be feeling due to the fact that it's a bit harder to keep up with the other kids in some areas. Maybe that kid has parents who haven't realized he has a learning problem so he never learned to cope. Some of the frustration my son feels is understandable to us because we take the time to work with our doctors, and that way we are better able to help him cope.

As far as being singled out because of his differences... not as much as when I was in school! In the past few years the schools in our district have been setting up several programs to help. One such program is called "Easing the Teasing" and it teaches kids the value of differences. A big step in the right direction, in my opinion. My son is doing very well in his first 2 weeks of middle school, and I really hope the best for yours as well!
Old 09-02-2006, 03:25 PM   #28
Annie
Site Lunatic

Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like

Quote:
thank you...not to detract from your thread...but when Aharon has a problem at school,he comes homes upset and sometimes it takes a few hours to get it out of him...he has some good friends that watch out for him ,but he doesnt know if someone is teasing him the wrong way...or being hurtful....

were giving him the year in public school...if it doesnt work ,then private school ..all we can do is try to give him the tools to deal with these situations...
the down side to all this is ..he's 11 next month phsyically,but emotionally he's about 8....its like a target on his back to some kids.....

all i gotta say...is these kids better watch out for momma...oye.....
My son is way behind emotionally as well. He's 12 today. Be very, very careful in choosing a private school! We had our son in private school for Kindergarten thropugh the middle of 2nd grade. It was a huge mistake!! They were not at all capable of dealing with him. They wanted to fail him in phonics because he wasn't getting all his phonics homework done on time, but the year before they had given him a standardized test that showed he was reading at a 5th grade level and had the vocabulary of a 7th grader. (The little shit's first word was book!) Now he's in public school and in my opinion he's thriving. Just be sure you ask a lot of questions and do a lot of research when you choose a different school. I'm still kicking myself for our blunder!
Old 09-02-2006, 04:04 PM   #29
Sunfiresix
Flirting God

Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like

Sandy you did right and do it it agiain if it happens, as the years go on your son will be more thankful. Today you have to watch your kids aginst too many things . Your right and Keep doin as you are.

Why was I born handsome rather than rich.....
Old 09-02-2006, 05:03 PM   #30
hoss
Flirting God

hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like hoss Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie
My son is way behind emotionally as well. He's 12 today. Be very, very careful in choosing a private school! We had our son in private school for Kindergarten thropugh the middle of 2nd grade. It was a huge mistake!! They were not at all capable of dealing with him. They wanted to fail him in phonics because he wasn't getting all his phonics homework done on time, but the year before they had given him a standardized test that showed he was reading at a 5th grade level and had the vocabulary of a 7th grader. (The little shit's first word was book!) Now he's in public school and in my opinion he's thriving. Just be sure you ask a lot of questions and do a lot of research when you choose a different school. I'm still kicking myself for our blunder!

thanks hun...as usual your wisdom is bang on....aharon does thrive in public school...were hoping for the best...I hope your son does well ...

We just need to keep a close eye on him...he wants to walk to school with his friends,its about a 20 minute walk,,,its hard to let him be independent ,as he is not street smart...but he cant live under our wing all his life...

thanks for your input ....big hugs !!!!!
Old 09-02-2006, 05:12 PM   #31
pixiegirl
Loving Australia!

pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like

Quote:
thanks hun...as usual your wisdom is bang on....aharon does thrive in public school...were hoping for the best...I hope your son does well ...

We just need to keep a close eye on him...he wants to walk to school with his friends,its about a 20 minute walk,,,its hard to let him be independent ,as he is not street smart...but he cant live under our wing all his life...

thanks for your input ....big hugs !!!!!
I find it so interesting but also quite worrying reading your posts on this thread. We live in such a different environment here. Our six year old has just started to walk home from school himself with 2 of his friends. It's not far, about 20 mins at child pace and we have introduced it gradually. It makes the boys feel so grown up to be able to do this and we have seen a real blossoming of their individual confidences.

It is such a shame that we cannot give our children the simpler upbringing we had, we cannot always afford the luxury of innocence and enjoying the simple things in life before all the adult responsibility and ugliness invades.

Being a parent is a scary job and one that is filled with guilt, remorse and 'have I made the right decision?' but the rewards of assisting that life to adulthood are completely imeasurable.

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.
Brendan Gill
Old 09-02-2006, 05:26 PM   #32
Annie
Site Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiegirl
I find it so interesting but also quite worrying reading your posts on this thread. We live in such a different environment here. Our six year old has just started to walk home from school himself with 2 of his friends. It's not far, about 20 mins at child pace and we have introduced it gradually. It makes the boys feel so grown up to be able to do this and we have seen a real blossoming of their individual confidences.

It is such a shame that we cannot give our children the simpler upbringing we had, we cannot always afford the luxury of innocence and enjoying the simple things in life before all the adult responsibility and ugliness invades.

Being a parent is a scary job and one that is filled with guilt, remorse and 'have I made the right decision?' but the rewards of assisting that life to adulthood are completely imeasurable.
I wish I could let my son walk to school! Because of his learning challenges he has to go to a school that's about 5 or 6 miles away. If he took the bus it would take nearly an hour for him to get there. I'd rather take take him than send him out that early, but it does give us early morning "chat time" on the way.

I would rather die than give my son my "simpler up-bringing"! I also have ADHD, but back then I was never diognosed. It wasn't recognised as a disorder back in the 60's and 70's. I was the one who was "different", the butt of many jokes, fodder for any bully and the nightmare of many teachers, counselors, deans and last but not least my parents. My son has more advantages now than I could ever hope for. Sure he struggles, but at least now we know why and at least now we can offer him a little help and a whole lot of hope.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:31 PM   #33
hoss
Flirting God

hey pix...

momma walks aharon to and from school everyday...because of his autism,he doesnt look when crossing the street,he doesnt recognize a threat...he is so smart in so many ways ,but so immature in others...this has meant momma cant work,as she need to be close for his meltdowns...yes its a struggle sometimes..but you know me...wouldnt change it for anything....hes a special kid and we love him to death...just the way he is...

living where we do...u keep a eye on the kids at all times...its just the way it is....

Quote:

Old 09-02-2006, 05:38 PM   #34
hoss
Flirting God

you and me kid...were so alike....

i was picked on becuase i was the small kid in school...i got beat up and pushed around...until one day...my mom had rehmotoid arthritis....she spent most of my childhood getting surgerys,being on heavy meds..i couldnt focus in school and i did poorly...one day some kid picked on me and and i went ape shit on him....my dad was called in and things got explained...it got around school what was happening at home...u know what...the kids picked on me more....i just learned to take it and put my head down...

now that im older i dont take shit from no one...period...

when aharon was taking tests for autism...i failed quite a few along with him..
i have a lot of triats he has,just never knew about them....

your right,,,,our kids have so many advantages over us...thank god his teacher saw a problem,,,,cause we sure didnt...

Quote:
I wish I could let my son walk to school! Because of his learning challenges he has to go to a school that's about 5 or 6 miles away. If he took the bus it would take nearly an hour for him to get there. I'd rather take take him than send him out that early, but it does give us early morning "chat time" on the way.

I would rather die than give my son my "simpler up-bringing"! I also have ADHD, but back then I was never diognosed. It wasn't recognised as a disorder back in the 60's and 70's. I was the one who was "different", the butt of many jokes, fodder for any bully and the nightmare of many teachers, counselors, deans and last but not least my parents. My son has more advantages now than I could ever hope for. Sure he struggles, but at least now we know why and at least now we can offer him a little help and a whole lot of hope.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:51 PM   #35
Annie
Site Lunatic

Quote:
you and me kid...were so alike....

i was picked on becuase i was the small kid in school...i got beat up and pushed around...until one day...my mom had rehmotoid arthritis....she spent most of my childhood getting surgerys,being on heavy meds..i couldnt focus in school and i did poorly...one day some kid picked on me and and i went ape shit on him....my dad was called in and things got explained...it got around school what was happening at home...u know what...the kids picked on me more....i just learned to take it and put my head down...

now that im older i dont take shit from no one...period...

when aharon was taking tests for autism...i failed quite a few along with him..
i have a lot of triats he has,just never knew about them....

your right,,,,our kids have so many advantages over us...thank god his teacher saw a problem,,,,cause we sure didnt...
Yeah sweetie... we were what you might call "The Blue Plate Special"! When you are very young and different from the other kids you become fodder for the bullies. But when you are very young, different from the other kids and the smallest kid in class, you become "The Blue Plate Special" because it is guaranteed you will be eaten alive with relish by everyone!
Old 09-02-2006, 06:04 PM   #36
hoss
Flirting God

Quote:
Yeah sweetie... we were what you might call "The Blue Plate Special"! When you are very young and different from the other kids you become fodder for the bullies. But when you are very young, different from the other kids and the smallest kid in class, you become "The Blue Plate Special" because it is guaranteed you will be eaten alive with relish by everyone!
yeh i know.....thank god i was a stupid kid....
but...having braces,big time acne and glasses....well i got it good....

but this stupid kid turned into the class clown...in grades 7-12 i learned to use humor to fight my way out of situations...

i think im more the paper plate variety....
Old 09-02-2006, 06:07 PM   #37
pixiegirl
Loving Australia!

pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like pixiegirl Is God Like

Quote:

Annie, I possibly didn't word my post very well.

The simpler upbringing I was referring to was in response to Sandy's first posting. I find it so sad that children these days, along with all the worries of being that age anyway, have to now worry about whether a class mate is carrying a hand gun!!! Just horrifying.

You are quite right in that there are of course many opportunities available to kids these days that their parents never got, so many and that is something I would never want to change.

The walking to school is such a huge thing for my son at the moment and it makes me think that is still is the simple things that children need, not the latest toys, coolest clothes or most expensive sneakers, its trust from their parents, the opportunity to talk and lots and lots of love.

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.
Brendan Gill
Old 09-02-2006, 06:39 PM   #38
Annie
Site Lunatic

Quote:
Annie, I possibly didn't word my post very well.

The simpler upbringing I was referring to was in response to Sandy's first posting. I find it so sad that children these days, along with all the worries of being that age anyway, have to now worry about whether a class mate is carrying a hand gun!!! Just horrifying.

You are quite right in that there are of course many opportunities available to kids these days that their parents never got, so many and that is something I would never want to change.

The walking to school is such a huge thing for my son at the moment and it makes me think that is still is the simple things that children need, not the latest toys, coolest clothes or most expensive sneakers, its trust from their parents, the opportunity to talk and lots and lots of love.
You know Pixie, I think you did just fine in the way you worded your post. That is kind of how I read it. I sometimes worry that some day my son might have to face similar situations to mine. I watch for signs of it in him all the time. I sometimes get overly defensive.

Walking to school with no grown-ups is a big deal. I equate that with no training wheels, going to the store on your own and maybe even a first date. It is a big deal, it's one more mile marker in his journey to adulthood.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:56 PM   #39
milf2000
super flirt...cum aboard

milf2000 has a reputation beyond repute milf2000 has a reputation beyond repute milf2000 has a reputation beyond repute milf2000 has a reputation beyond repute milf2000 has a reputation beyond repute milf2000 has a reputation beyond repute milf2000 has a reputation beyond repute milf2000 has a reputation beyond repute milf2000 has a reputation beyond repute milf2000 has a reputation beyond repute milf2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know Pixie, I think you did just fine in the way you worded your post. That is kind of how I read it. I sometimes worry that some day my son might have to face similar situations to mine. I watch for signs of it in him all the time. I sometimes get overly defensive.

Walking to school with no grown-ups is a big deal. I equate that with no training wheels, going to the store on your own and maybe even a first date. It is a big deal, it's one more mile marker in his journey to adulthood.
that is so true...i thought i had it bad for my daughter going on to kindergarten because of a hurdle she just leapt over, when there is so many more hurdles out there and being a parent guiding her over them is just what she needs...all the love that i can give while she develops into a beautiful young lady...love and trust is the only things that is needed all the time for our children
Old 09-06-2006, 12:18 AM   #40
Jy
Retired
I Love It Here

Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like

The more I read on here, the more I realize that so many of us had a tough time growing up because we were different (tallest girl, late bloomer, skipped a grade, bad acne...I was a favourite target) and that makes us even more diligent with our children, which is good. Perhaps those wounds still smart at times, which only helps us empathize more.

As a parent of a five year old, I appreciate hearing about how all of you are handling the challenges you've experienced with your children. Thank you, all of you, for sharing a very important and emotional part of your life with us. I'm just sitting back and taking notes.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:02 PM   #41
markmachine
I Like Flirting

markmachine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default really new to this

just really board and in need of some one to talk to
Old 09-13-2006, 12:05 PM   #42
Nyc_45
Super Flirt

Nyc_45 has a reputation beyond repute Nyc_45 has a reputation beyond repute Nyc_45 has a reputation beyond repute Nyc_45 has a reputation beyond repute Nyc_45 has a reputation beyond repute Nyc_45 has a reputation beyond repute Nyc_45 has a reputation beyond repute Nyc_45 has a reputation beyond repute Nyc_45 has a reputation beyond repute Nyc_45 has a reputation beyond repute Nyc_45 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmachine
Welcome Markmachine jump right in and start to post you'll have more friends in one week then you will know how to post to
Old 09-13-2006, 12:24 PM   #43
spare_change
Multiple Orgasm Donor
I Love It Here

Thanked 4,146 Times in 2,865 Posts
spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like

Welcome aboard, mark--
Old 09-13-2006, 01:40 PM   #44
Norfolkdave
I'm Being Punished

Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Mark
Old 09-13-2006, 02:49 PM   #45
rainbowhigh
Flirting Goddess.

rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like rainbowhigh Is God Like

Hi, Mark - Welcome!
Old 09-13-2006, 05:06 PM   #46
Lena
Administrator

Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,472 Posts
Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like

Welcome mark!
There are loads of people here to talk to!
Join in and have fun!
Old 09-13-2006, 05:13 PM   #47
yaser
Flirting God

Thanked 1,467 Times in 1,421 Posts
yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like

Chose who do you want to talk?Welome to the site.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
Old 09-13-2006, 05:44 PM   #48
Sandy
Flirting Goddess

Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute

hi mark, welcome to the site
Old 09-13-2006, 09:05 PM   #49
cherokeered
this space for rent
I Love It Here

cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmachine

Hey hun...welcome to the site....hope you have fun...great group here....

Cherokee....
Old 09-13-2006, 09:20 PM   #50
SaltyLime
Enchanted Salt Shaker

SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like SaltyLime Is God Like

hey mark, stick around and you'll be sure to meet good company.

Don't compromise yourself, you're all you've got. -Janis Joplin
Closed Thread