Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Everyday Life For Married Couples

Everyday Life For Married Couples A forum for couples to chat about your everyday married life. This would be a good place for women and men to get to know eachother.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #1
Annie
Site Lunatic

Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like
Default Best Household Hints

What are some of your best household hints? Things that make your life a little easier, or that might be a "greener" way to do things?

I clean out the foul smell of my garbage disposal buy dumping half of an old box of baking soda (the one I used for the fridge) down it before I go to bed. Then in the morning I pour about 3 cups of vinegar mixed with 1 cup of water down it. Quite a show... and a science lesson for the kids too!

My old vacuum got that old vacuum smell so I cut up a cardboard car air freshener and sucked that up. That worked pretty for quite a while.

What hints make your life easier?
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:07 PM   #2
twoblues
(.)(.)

Thanked 1,519 Times in 796 Posts
twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like

Mr. Clean Erasers!!!!! Wow, I don't know how I did my bathroom before those.

Yah, I'm a little "Mr. Mom-ish". No one cleans as well as I do, so I end up doing all the cleaning

Wet Swiffer is a close second to revolutionary products for my cleaning routine
twoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:13 PM   #3
Annie
Site Lunatic

Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoblues
Mr. Clean Erasers!!!!! Wow, I don't know how I did my bathroom before those.

Yah, I'm a little "Mr. Mom-ish". No one cleans as well as I do, so I end up doing all the cleaning

Wet Swiffer is a close second to revolutionary products for my cleaning routine
I wonder.... would that work on the grease stains I have behind my stove?
Old 09-07-2007, 03:31 PM   #4
twoblues
(.)(.)

twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie
Absolutely. I use them to clean my stove as well. Especially the fan hood that gets that oily dust stuff on it. Add a little moisture to the pad and you should be good to go

There is a citrus cleaner out there that I used to use for the same thing that worked really well. I used to be in the cleaning supply business and lot of customers really liked citrus-based cleaners for cutting through grease.

ps...after saying all that, I'm still a tough guy....grrrrrrr....who just likes things to be clean
Old 09-07-2007, 03:37 PM   #5
mrh50
Flirting God

mrh50 has a reputation beyond repute mrh50 has a reputation beyond repute mrh50 has a reputation beyond repute mrh50 has a reputation beyond repute mrh50 has a reputation beyond repute mrh50 has a reputation beyond repute mrh50 has a reputation beyond repute mrh50 has a reputation beyond repute mrh50 has a reputation beyond repute mrh50 has a reputation beyond repute mrh50 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Absolutely. I use them to clean my stove as well. Especially the fan hood that gets that oily dust stuff on it. Add a little moisture to the pad and you should be good to go

There is a citrus cleaner out there that I used to use for the same thing that worked really well. I used to be in the cleaning supply business and lot of customers really liked citrus-based cleaners for cutting through grease.

ps...after saying all that, I'm still a tough guy....grrrrrrr....who just likes things to be clean

Just plain hard work . Glad it you and not me....
mrh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #6
Annie
Site Lunatic

Quote:

Well I always say, the sexiest thing my can husband do is empty the dishwasher! Any man who'll clean anything around the house is a stud-muffin in my book!!
Old 09-07-2007, 04:44 PM   #7
Frenchie
Have you seen my nuts?

Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like

When in doubt , throw it out

That's my fridge rule
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:48 PM   #8
Frenchie
Have you seen my nuts?

Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like Frenchie Is God Like

Quote:
lol

Just Sharpie "F*cking" Between the MR. and Clean

It makes it look tougher.

That my little trick, you can use it lol
Old 09-07-2007, 04:50 PM   #9
My_Secrets_Kept
shhhh... it's a Secret..

My_Secrets_Kept Is God Like My_Secrets_Kept Is God Like My_Secrets_Kept Is God Like My_Secrets_Kept Is God Like My_Secrets_Kept Is God Like My_Secrets_Kept Is God Like My_Secrets_Kept Is God Like My_Secrets_Kept Is God Like My_Secrets_Kept Is God Like My_Secrets_Kept Is God Like My_Secrets_Kept Is God Like

what's the best thing to clean water stains from a fiberglass shower? Something that won't kill ya with it's deadly fumes, the product I use works great but you about need a respirator to do the job.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #10
twoblues
(.)(.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFrEnChGuY
lol

Just Sharpie "F*cking" Between the MR. and Clean

It makes it look tougher.

That my little trick, you can use it lol
Well, I do swear like a trucker when I have to tackle the bathroom tile grout
Old 09-07-2007, 05:28 PM   #11
Frenchie
Have you seen my nuts?

Quote:
Well, I do swear like a trucker when I have to tackle the bathroom tile grout

See!

Do like me bring a hammer and a cocking gun, no one will suspect that lol

To be honest I'm a clean freak too, actually a neet freak, clean not too bad but if it doesnt move for over a month in my house you better put a claim on it cuase it's off to the Junkyard

I love to drive my trailer there!

Makes me feel like a big man

Look at me I got a trailer!

But deep down I'm a softy, I just pretend to be tuff!
Old 09-07-2007, 06:57 PM   #12
w9kw
Flirting God

w9kw has a reputation beyond repute w9kw has a reputation beyond repute w9kw has a reputation beyond repute w9kw has a reputation beyond repute w9kw has a reputation beyond repute w9kw has a reputation beyond repute w9kw has a reputation beyond repute w9kw has a reputation beyond repute w9kw has a reputation beyond repute w9kw has a reputation beyond repute w9kw has a reputation beyond repute

well its crazy but i use a paste wax the top of my refrigerator sure does keep the dust off and if i have to wipe it off comes very easy
w9kw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:01 PM   #13
Annie
Site Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by w9kw
well its crazy but i use a paste wax the top of my refrigerator sure does keep the dust off and if i have to wipe it off comes very easy
Is it the kind for cars or the kind you use on hardwood floors?

I've been thinking of using car wax on my tanning beds at work.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:37 PM   #14
wall-flower
Flirting Goddess

wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute

When it comes to smelly things, I swear by pine sol. I haven't found an odor yet that pine sol didn't get rid of.
Another vaccum cleaner idea: dump a little of a scent sachet into bag or canister. It will fragrance your room.

A clothing trick: If your whites ever start looking dingy, soak them in warm/hot water and cascade (dish soap).
wall-flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:50 PM   #15
twoblues
(.)(.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall-flower
A clothing trick: If your whites ever start looking dingy, soak them in warm/hot water and cascade (dish soap).
Aw....us guys (the tough ones, remember...grrrrrr), we just wear them until they are dingy then we throw them out and get new ones. Easier that way

....yah, I may be a clean freak, but I suck at doing the laundry (actually, I blame the machines because I can do no wrong ).
Old 09-07-2007, 08:57 PM   #16
wall-flower
Flirting Goddess

wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute wall-flower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Aw....us guys (the tough ones, remember...grrrrrr), we just wear them until they are dingy then we throw them out and get new ones. Easier that way

....yah, I may be a clean freak, but I suck at doing the laundry (actually, I blame the machines because I can do no wrong ).
Ok I have to borrow that excuse. It's the machines fault. I knew the stain was there. I wonder why the machine didn't take care of it??
wall-flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:14 PM   #17
Momma
Flirting God

Momma Is God Like Momma Is God Like Momma Is God Like Momma Is God Like Momma Is God Like Momma Is God Like Momma Is God Like Momma Is God Like Momma Is God Like Momma Is God Like Momma Is God Like

Now, I've never tried it....but apparently, if you have a pot or something that is turning dark, like from cooked on grease and stuff, if you use meat tenderiser and a damp cloth, it's supposed to take the black stuff off... gonna have to give it a shot
Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:08 AM   #18
OICurready4me
Mighty's sex toy

OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie
I use Greased Lightning....works great. They now have some different scents but I use the original one in a white bottle with the black and yellow label.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:15 AM   #19
Pebbles
Flirting God

Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute

You can put out shallow pan of beer in your back garden to get rid of slugs.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:54 AM   #20
Annie
Site Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles
You can put out shallow pan of beer in your back garden to get rid of slugs.
I've done that... it's gross! You also have to change it daily. I also use crushed egg shells around my plants to get rid of slugs.... those lttle shits are hard to get rid of!