Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Married And Flirting Chat News!

Married And Flirting Chat News! Married And Flirting Chat Site And Lifestyle News!

Old 10-12-2008, 09:49 AM   #101
Newenglandman
Flirting God

Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupsu View Post
Good question; how are they "discoverable"???
They can be used against you during court proceedings to show that you did or said things.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:58 AM   #102
FeIsTy FaV
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 3,874 Times in 2,948 Posts
FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like

IsThisIt@50 I always thought u were a guy! Sorry
FeIsTy FaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:02 PM   #103
JonJon62.
Flirting God

Thanked 1,410 Times in 1,125 Posts
JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupsu View Post
Good question; how are they "discoverable"???
I think, and I am by no means an expert, but things that get posted, especially in the flash chat, etc. are first buffered in the program, and there is a history, that is stored. Just closing the program doesn't remove the buffer (on the hard drive). The file may go away, but the contents are still there. That's a big problem with windows in general.

Thus ... it's still there. So, I would reccomend, once again a program called ccleaner ... it cleans out program buffers on the hard drive ... and actually overwrites them.
BlondieS (10-12-2008), FeIsTy FaV (10-12-2008), private beaches (10-12-2008)
Old 10-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #104
FeIsTy FaV
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like FeIsTy FaV Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newenglandman View Post
They can be used against you during court proceedings to show that you did or said things.
great question.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #105
fly
Well hello Mr. Mister....

Location: In my own make believe land. it's warm in here. No wait.....I'm standing over the vent. CRAP!!!
Thanked 1,744 Times in 1,063 Posts
fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsThisIt@50? View Post
Would like to emphasize what has been said about the chatroom and private messages not being private. I have had some of my chats come back to haunt me recently all because I never expected them to be read by some one in particular. My soon to be ex-husband managed to access and copy certain messages that were in this site that could be used against me as well the other parties involved. So, with that said, I just wanted to say you need to be extremely careful who you talk to you and the context of your conversations. They are 'discoverable' which could prove disastrous to some people.
Only speaking from personal experience.......

Wait........I'm confused. Private MESSAGES are not private? I mean I knew the chat room wasn't so private. Or do you just mean that it leaves a record on your OWN PERSONAL computer? I mean can other people on HERE read my private messages? like the mods? or other computer saavy peeps??????

fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:29 PM   #106
JonJon62.
Flirting God

JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like JonJon62. Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybabe View Post
Wait........I'm confused. Private MESSAGES are not private? I mean I knew the chat room wasn't so private. Or do you just mean that it leaves a record on your OWN PERSONAL computer? I mean can other people on HERE read my private messages? like the mods? or other computer saavy peeps??????

Fly .. it really depends on your computer's security. Unless someone REALLY knows what they're doing, they cant' break into nor read what's going on fom the outside.

The reason why things like this can be gathered is if someone hires a detective to read the contents of your chat, etc. from your own computer.

Now, the record is stored on your OWN COMPUTER. PM's are usually safe from anyone who doesn't have the expertise to break in. This is all unencrypted ... so it would be possible for someone who really knew what they were doing and had access to the site to break in ... but that possiblity is very very slim.

I know this is confusing ... but covering your tracks if you're afraid is a good thing to do.
FeIsTy FaV (10-12-2008), fly (10-12-2008)
Old 10-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #107
fly

Location: In my own make believe land. it's warm in here. No wait.....I'm standing over the vent. CRAP!!!
fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon62 View Post
Fly .. it really depends on your computer's security. Unless someone REALLY knows what they're doing, they cant' break into nor read what's going on fom the outside.

The reason why things like this can be gathered is if someone hires a detective to read the contents of your chat, etc. from your own computer.

Now, the record is stored on your OWN COMPUTER. PM's are usually safe from anyone who doesn't have the expertise to break in. This is all unencrypted ... so it would be possible for someone who really knew what they were doing and had access to the site to break in ... but that possiblity is very very slim.

I know this is confusing ... but covering your tracks if you're afraid is a good thing to do.

oh.......thanks. I just understand that MY OWN PERSONAL computer might store chats, pm's etc. Just wanted to make sure other outsiders can't read my pm's!!! I assumed they were safe so was not careful with personal information in them. I'd hate to think someone I don't know was reading them!!!

Old 10-12-2008, 01:35 PM   #108
JonJon62.
Flirting God

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybabe View Post
oh.......thanks. I just understand that MY OWN PERSONAL computer might store chats, pm's etc. Just wanted to make sure other outsiders can't read my pm's!!! I assumed they were safe so was not careful with personal information in them. I'd hate to think someone I don't know was reading them!!!
Glad to have set your mind at ease.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:42 PM   #109
fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon62 View Post
Glad to have set your mind at ease.

Thank you.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #110
Torin
Princess

Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like

Wow... that is scary as hell.

So, to make sure I understand... unless someone has direct access to MY computer, they can't get the information, unless they REALLY know what they are doing?

Torin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:49 PM   #111
JonJon62.
Flirting God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torin View Post
Wow... that is scary as hell.

So, to make sure I understand... unless someone has direct access to MY computer, they can't get the information, unless they REALLY know what they are doing?
Correct. The internet is wide open, and, since I work for a major netorking company, I know that it can be done .. but it takes time, and a lot of effort to break into a live stream. NSA can do it ... but unless the NSA is on your trail ...

Worry more about your personal computer, unless you're doing something REALLY illegal ...
Old 10-13-2008, 12:01 PM   #112
Forster2
Wordsmith

Forster2 has a reputation beyond repute Forster2 has a reputation beyond repute Forster2 has a reputation beyond repute Forster2 has a reputation beyond repute Forster2 has a reputation beyond repute Forster2 has a reputation beyond repute Forster2 has a reputation beyond repute Forster2 has a reputation beyond repute Forster2 has a reputation beyond repute Forster2 has a reputation beyond repute Forster2 has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is a great site and seems very friendly, but whether I will ever get to 500 posts.... shame that some people spoil a good thing
Forster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:43 PM   #113
coug511
Flirting God

coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like

thanks for all the advice
coug511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:23 AM   #114
OICurready4me
Mighty's sex toy

OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster2 View Post
I think this is a great site and seems very friendly, but whether I will ever get to 500 posts.... shame that some people spoil a good thing
It's easier than you think. Right now you think is impossible but before you know it, you'll be at 100, then 200 and then 500! There is so much to post about on this site plus, if you have a certain situation or topic you would like to discuss, find the right forum to put it under and start your own thread which you can respond to and build that post count. Good luck and welcome!
Old 12-11-2008, 12:51 AM   #115
superman37
Married And Flirting

superman37 is an unknown quantity at this point

If everything keeps getting more private, then it just becomes harder to connect with people; next thing ya know, everyone is going to be in a glass box with their own space. Then what? lol
superman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:58 AM   #116
FeIsTy FaV
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsThisIt@50? View Post
Would like to emphasize what has been said about the chatroom and private messages not being private. I have had some of my chats come back to haunt me recently all because I never expected them to be read by some one in particular. My soon to be ex-husband managed to access and copy certain messages that were in this site that could be used against me as well the other parties involved. So, with that said, I just wanted to say you need to be extremely careful who you talk to you and the context of your conversations. They are 'discoverable' which could prove disastrous to some people.
Only speaking from personal experience.......
Has anyone heard how 50 is?
Old 01-20-2009, 03:39 AM   #117
Otherlife2034
Redneck Flirt

Otherlife2034 has a reputation beyond repute Otherlife2034 has a reputation beyond repute Otherlife2034 has a reputation beyond repute Otherlife2034 has a reputation beyond repute Otherlife2034 has a reputation beyond repute Otherlife2034 has a reputation beyond repute Otherlife2034 has a reputation beyond repute Otherlife2034 has a reputation beyond repute Otherlife2034 has a reputation beyond repute Otherlife2034 has a reputation beyond repute Otherlife2034 has a reputation beyond repute

Editops nevermind just saw the date of the post I was replying too
Otherlife2034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #118
lukka
Super Flirt

lukka has a reputation beyond repute lukka has a reputation beyond repute lukka has a reputation beyond repute lukka has a reputation beyond repute lukka has a reputation beyond repute lukka has a reputation beyond repute lukka has a reputation beyond repute lukka has a reputation beyond repute lukka has a reputation beyond repute lukka has a reputation beyond repute lukka has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Thanks!!! Having fun while learning my way around!!
lukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #119
dashslow
Flirting God

dashslow has a reputation beyond repute dashslow has a reputation beyond repute dashslow has a reputation beyond repute dashslow has a reputation beyond repute dashslow has a reputation beyond repute dashslow has a reputation beyond repute dashslow has a reputation beyond repute dashslow has a reputation beyond repute dashslow has a reputation beyond repute dashslow has a reputation beyond repute dashslow has a reputation beyond repute

That's why caznova won't acknowledge me! I was critical but not mean. You know what, if people team up, they could really run a mind game. Or is that the sport after awhile? I can't help but wonder.
dashslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #120
KindheartedWoman
~Melancholy Madness~

KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute

I was told today that parts of the chatroom conversations can be found publicly online elsewhere. Is that true?
KindheartedWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #121
Lena
Administrator

Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,472 Posts
Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like

Not that I know of! But some posts in the normal public forums, ones where guests can look in, can sometimes be found elsewhere on the internet!
Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lena For This Useful Post:
KindheartedWoman (02-21-2009)
Old 02-21-2009, 07:44 AM   #122
KindheartedWoman
~Melancholy Madness~

KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute KindheartedWoman has a reputation beyond repute

I have been on other sites where you can goggle a topic and your writing automatically appears in a search. I know this site is very public. Any chance of closing it to members only?
KindheartedWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:33 AM   #123
alychka
Married And Flirting

alychka has a reputation beyond repute alychka has a reputation beyond repute alychka has a reputation beyond repute alychka has a reputation beyond repute alychka has a reputation beyond repute alychka has a reputation beyond repute alychka has a reputation beyond repute alychka has a reputation beyond repute alychka has a reputation beyond repute alychka has a reputation beyond repute alychka has a reputation beyond repute

That is pretty freaky that someone can google your conversation. I guess I knew that its a dangerous game any time you join a chat room online but in a way thats also part of the excitement... hoping to not get caught out
alychka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #124
cutegirl
Married And Flirting

cutegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

hello everyone, this is the first time that i have been on a site like this. i am married but looking to talk to others. -cutegirl
cutegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:59 PM   #125
Newenglandman
Flirting God

Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute Newenglandman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutegirl View Post
hello everyone, this is the first time that i have been on a site like this. i am married but looking to talk to others. -cutegirl
Well, you picked a good site! Welcome to M&F. Great people are here!