Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Practice Flirting Chat, Newbie Questions!

Practice Flirting Chat, Newbie Questions! This is where you can practice making post or using smiles. If you aren't sure how this place works then try playing with things in here. Guest can post in here to try things out.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:03 AM   #1
sj59
Flirting God

sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Threads

This may have already been covered and if so I apoligise. But here goes anyway.

If you reply to a thread you get credited with one posteven if your reply is only one word . Ok, if you start a thread you get credited with one post.

Would it be fairer and encourage more people to start new threads if you were rewarded with more points for new threads?

What are your views on this matter? And what would be a fair system?
sj59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:48 AM   #2
SweetDreams362
Flirting Goddess

SweetDreams362 has a reputation beyond repute SweetDreams362 has a reputation beyond repute SweetDreams362 has a reputation beyond repute SweetDreams362 has a reputation beyond repute SweetDreams362 has a reputation beyond repute SweetDreams362 has a reputation beyond repute SweetDreams362 has a reputation beyond repute SweetDreams362 has a reputation beyond repute SweetDreams362 has a reputation beyond repute SweetDreams362 has a reputation beyond repute SweetDreams362 has a reputation beyond repute

That sound like food for thought SJ maybe our MODS will take it into consideration.
SweetDreams362 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SweetDreams362 For This Useful Post:
sj59 (11-15-2008)
Old 11-15-2008, 04:51 AM   #3
.Cotties
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 5,684 Times in 4,376 Posts
.Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like

I never really thought it was about how many posts you had..

but to answer your proposal...nope don't like it....
.Cotties is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to .Cotties For This Useful Post:
sj59 (11-15-2008)
Old 11-15-2008, 05:06 AM   #4
sj59
Flirting God

sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute sj59 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetDreams362 View Post
That sound like food for thought SJ maybe our MODS will take it into consideration.
Thank you Sweet. And thanks for the input.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:07 AM   #5
sj59
Flirting God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotties View Post
I never really thought it was about how many posts you had..

but to answer your proposal...nope don't like it....
Thanks for the input.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:08 AM   #6
.Cotties
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

.Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like

I should also add no harm in idea's. Ultimately it's up to Penny and I'm not sure if it's possible
Old 11-15-2008, 05:14 AM   #7
sj59
Flirting God

Quote:
I should also add no harm in idea's. Ultimately it's up to Penny and I'm not sure if it's possible
Thanks again Cotties. Just thought I would throw it out there and see the response.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:02 AM   #8
UltimateNaneki
BBW Sex Goddess

Location: My heart and soul is in a small city called Jonquiere...I only wish my body was there too!
UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like

Quote:
How did I get into this conversation ??

But I too don't consider much about a post, I have so many...want me to share with you sj??
The Following User Says Thank You to UltimateNaneki For This Useful Post:
sj59 (11-16-2008)
Old 11-15-2008, 08:09 AM   #9
Brink
"Man of few words"

Thanked 1,846 Times in 1,107 Posts
Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like

It's an interesting idea, sj, my first thought is it would be taken advantage of by those wanting to get their post count up...and the quality of the threads would suffer. I agree there is sometimes a lull in thread starting, I think it's best to resurrect the great past threads during these times, until things pick up...

There's lots of reasons why some people don't start them - we wouldn't want people to feel a great onus on them, like it's a requirement...but I think we can encourage people by posting on the threads started by people who don't often start them, especially newbies, and not greeting somebody's serious thoughts and questions with 'smartass' comments. And, of course, appreciating, thanking and repping great contributions.

Also, as somebody who often starts them and they don't take off, or they take off in the wrong direction!...don't be put off by it, or take it personally. There's many factors why they don't get much attention...keep offering your thread ideas. You don't need to justify yourself!!!
Brink is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brink For This Useful Post:
OnceAKing (11-15-2008), sj59 (11-16-2008)
Old 11-15-2008, 09:05 AM   #10
OnceAKing
Expecting Company

Thanked 2,376 Times in 1,510 Posts
OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like

Pretty much my thoughts Brink...when it comes to starting threads it ought to be quality over quantity, ie. more is not necessarily better. I would imagine more threads would make it even more work to go through and do the housekeeping for the mods.

Some of us, like me, are just not good at starting and wording new threads so as to stimulate thought and encourage participation, I'm thinking.

OnceAKing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OnceAKing For This Useful Post:
sj59 (11-16-2008)
Old 11-15-2008, 09:15 AM   #11
OICurready4me
Mighty's sex toy

OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj59 View Post
This may have already been covered and if so I apoligise. But here goes anyway.

If you reply to a thread you get credited with one posteven if your reply is only one word . Ok, if you start a thread you get credited with one post.

Would it be fairer and encourage more people to start new threads if you were rewarded with more points for new threads?

What are your views on this matter? And what would be a fair system?

Threads are usually started to get input from others as to a particular situation, for insight into a topic, to get responses (such a jokes, a poll, etc), whatever the case may be. Only new people would really care about getting more credit for a thread than a single post. Since, once a person makes their 500 posts they have access to all the "extras" of the site, I feel it would actually create a lot of new threads just for the sake of new threads, without any real thought put behind as to the creation of it. It would then bog down the site, IMO.
The Following User Says Thank You to OICurready4me For This Useful Post:
sj59 (11-16-2008)
Old 11-16-2008, 12:18 AM   #12
sj59
Flirting God

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateNaneki View Post
How did I get into this conversation ??

But I too don't consider much about a post, I have so many...want me to share with you sj??
I might have to take you up on your offer Ulti. LOL
Old 11-16-2008, 12:19 AM   #13
sj59
Flirting God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brink View Post
It's an interesting idea, sj, my first thought is it would be taken advantage of by those wanting to get their post count up...and the quality of the threads would suffer. I agree there is sometimes a lull in thread starting, I think it's best to resurrect the great past threads during these times, until things pick up...

There's lots of reasons why some people don't start them - we wouldn't want people to feel a great onus on them, like it's a requirement...but I think we can encourage people by posting on the threads started by people who don't often start them, especially newbies, and not greeting somebody's serious thoughts and questions with 'smartass' comments. And, of course, appreciating, thanking and repping great contributions.

Also, as somebody who often starts them and they don't take off, or they take off in the wrong direction!...don't be put off by it, or take it personally. There's many factors why they don't get much attention...keep offering your thread ideas. You don't need to justify yourself!!!

Excellent response Brink. I was wondering if something like that was the reasoning behind it all.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:22 AM   #14
sj59
Flirting God

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICurready4me View Post
Threads are usually started to get input from others as to a particular situation, for insight into a topic, to get responses (such a jokes, a poll, etc), whatever the case may be. Only new people would really care about getting more credit for a thread than a single post. Since, once a person makes their 500 posts they have access to all the "extras" of the site, I feel it would actually create a lot of new threads just for the sake of new threads, without any real thought put behind as to the creation of it. It would then bog down the site, IMO.

never thought of it that way OIC. Good line of thought.
The Following User Says Thank You to sj59 For This Useful Post:
OICurready4me (11-16-2008)
Old 11-16-2008, 12:24 AM   #15
pagirl
Missing Him

pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like

I don't think you should get extra for starting threads... Sometimes you have a good idea for a thread and other times you just want to post... I don't want to see a bunch of junk threads just because someone is trying to get their posts up.

I kind of like the idea of having to have a minimum # of posts before you can start a thread actually. this was mentioned on another thread due to the spam we seen over the past couple of days and I thought it was a great idea!

pagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pagirl For This Useful Post:
sj59 (11-16-2008)
Old 11-16-2008, 12:48 AM   #16
sj59
Flirting God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagirl View Post
I don't think you should get extra for starting threads... Sometimes you have a good idea for a thread and other times you just want to post... I don't want to see a bunch of junk threads just because someone is trying to get their posts up.

I kind of like the idea of having to have a minimum # of posts before you can start a thread actually. this was mentioned on another thread due to the spam we seen over the past couple of days and I thought it was a great idea!
Food for thought there Papgirl. Thank you for your input
Old 11-16-2008, 01:01 AM   #17
MrHyde
I Love It Here

Thanked 1,532 Times in 1,108 Posts
MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like MrHyde Is God Like

I think that it would not be a good idea to offer more for starting a thread. I don't want people starting random threads just to boost their post count...ya know.
MrHyde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrHyde For This Useful Post:
Lacey (11-22-2008)
Old 11-16-2008, 01:04 AM   #18
cherokeered
this space for rent
I Love It Here

cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like

I agree it isn't a good idea.....
cherokeered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:07 AM   #19
celtichazel
Super Flirt

celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute

ohhhh the pressure of new thread creation....no points could compensate for the wear and tear on my little brain!!! ha ha
celtichazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:28 AM   #20
catman301
Space for rent
I Love It Here

catman301 Is God Like catman301 Is God Like catman301 Is God Like catman301 Is God Like catman301 Is God Like catman301 Is God Like catman301 Is God Like catman301 Is God Like catman301 Is God Like catman301 Is God Like catman301 Is God Like

I've started a few threads here that I thought were interesting and they are gone now, I kinda gave up on the whole starting thread issue, but if the MODS say that you get more credit for new threads I'd be up for it.
catman301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:35 AM   #21
1sxymama
Flirting God

1sxymama has disabled reputation

I noticed that a few threads there is no points for posting in them. If people want to start a thread they think might work have a go if they dont take off well no harm done.at least you tried
Old 11-16-2008, 05:25 PM   #22
Humpty Dumpty
Super Flirt

Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute

Along those same lines, I've noticed some very old threads with hundreds, if not thousands, of posts. It makes it very hard to scroll through and read some of them; especially when they include so many one or two word answers that have nothing to do with the original topic. Not that there's anything wrong with this in some instances.

On some other forums I'm on, the mods either lock the thread or discouraged new posters once the thread is over a couple months old. This prompted others to start new threads on the same topics but oftentimes with a different perspective. I thought it helped keep the topic fresh and made it easier to search for information.

Since I'm new, I don't know the history here nor how involved Penny and any other mods are involved or anyone's feelings about it. I threw it out there, what are other's thoughts?
Humpty Dumpty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:48 PM   #23
.Cotties
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Penny and the mods are pretty involved to answer that question....as for locking threads...we close some and most just fade away over time and we merge some ...we call it spring cleaning...its damn time consuming....but always feel free to start a new thread and maybe just re-word it a little different and give the same topic a new life so to speak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpty Dumpty View Post
Along those same lines, I've noticed some very old threads with hundreds, if not thousands, of posts. It makes it very hard to scroll through and read some of them; especially when they include so many one or two word answers that have nothing to do with the original topic. Not that there's anything wrong with this in some instances.

On some other forums I'm on, the mods either lock the thread or discouraged new posters once the thread is over a couple months old. This prompted others to start new threads on the same topics but oftentimes with a different perspective. I thought it helped keep the topic fresh and made it easier to search for information.

Since I'm new, I don't know the history here nor how involved Penny and any other mods are involved or anyone's feelings about it. I threw it out there, what are other's thoughts?
The Following User Says Thank You to .Cotties For This Useful Post:
Humpty Dumpty (11-22-2008)
Old 11-22-2008, 12:59 PM   #24
Humpty Dumpty
Super Flirt

Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute Humpty Dumpty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Penny and the mods are pretty involved to answer that question....we call it spring cleaning...its damn time consuming
I can imagine the work involved in keeping this board clean. The breadth of information and the number of posters is amazing. Thanks to all the mods for all they do.

OK, I'll feel free to start a topic anew as I run across it.

Thanks again.
Humpty Dumpty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:11 AM   #25
Dipstick51
Free Fluid Checks

Dipstick51 has disabled reputation

This seems like a great post I really need the prctice
Dipstick51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: