Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Everyday Life For Married Couples

Everyday Life For Married Couples A forum for couples to chat about your everyday married life. This would be a good place for women and men to get to know eachother.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
Fillz
Happily Emmy after....

Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Romance

Ladies,

What is the most romantic thing your man ever did for you?

Guys,

What was the most romatic thing you ever did for your lady?

I love romancing! For years I was the ultimate romantic untill a few years ago when it started meaning nothing to her...... Sometime I get to the point where I hate not having someone to share in this way.. Argh...

You tell me yours, I'll tell you some of mine....
Old 10-11-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
scoobertina
scoobalicious

Thanked 17,918 Times in 12,118 Posts
scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like

he never romanced me.. wow.. I never really realized that..

in an attempt to try to make him happy I outdid myself one year for our anniversary.. he came home from work and the kids were at a neighbors house for dinner and a movie.. I had a nice little dinner made, his favorite meal.. wore something sexy... let him talk and talk.. tried to seduce him.. and he instead got mad because I had forgotten to mail something for him...

soooo... he never got the rest of the night I had planned...
Old 10-11-2009, 12:50 AM   #3
BlueEyedMale40
Flirting God

Thanked 2,480 Times in 2,089 Posts
BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like

I took a shoe box and decorated it with hearts and red and white wrapping paper on the outside. On the inside was a bunch of wires running to the Christmas lights that I used to spell out her name in lights (with a piece of poster board background where the lid would be to keep the wires hidden).
FeIsTy FaV (10-11-2009), scoobertina (10-11-2009), so_very_fine (10-11-2009)
Old 10-11-2009, 12:51 AM   #4
BlueEyedMale40
Flirting God

BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like BlueEyedMale40 Is God Like

I made her mix tapes of love songs back when making mix tapes really took some time and effort! (unlike with today's computers that fill the CDs to the right size automatically)
Old 10-11-2009, 12:53 AM   #5
Fillz
Happily Emmy after....

Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute Fillz has a reputation beyond repute

That is soooo sad.. Without romance how could you have a relationship? I did so many things over the years... Now they mean nothing. My mother once told me your doing so many things you will not have anything left to excite her years later. She was right except I never run out of ideas, she just got spoiled and it never made an impression any more...
Old 10-11-2009, 12:53 AM   #6
BlueEyedMale40
Flirting God

When I returned from my first trip with us apart and she came to meet me at the airport, I picked her up in my arms and kissed her while I spun (just like in the movies).
Old 10-11-2009, 12:55 AM   #7
scoobertina
scoobalicious

Thanked 17,918 Times in 12,118 Posts
scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like

blue.. stop it please... I just found another thread I will use TP in.. I can't come in here.. dammit...
Old 10-11-2009, 12:56 AM   #8
BlueEyedMale40
Flirting God

Awwww, girl. You'll get that someday. You will.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:56 AM   #9
Fillz
Happily Emmy after....

I once took the seats out of our minivan at the time. Lined the complete van with flowers accross the dash around the back.. I picked her up for lunch from work and took her down to the lakefront, played romantic music gave her a message and fed her lunch and took her back to work relaxed.

Funny thing is -- a week later is when she told me she wanted a divorce....
Old 10-11-2009, 12:59 AM   #10
Fillz
Happily Emmy after....

Here is something a little silly. I sent a sheet pizza to her work for her department.. The thing is I had them spell "I LOVE YOU" in pepperoni.......
Old 10-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #11
jmsmith12345
vaginas are weird
I Love It Here

Thanked 3,509 Times in 2,131 Posts
jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like

Why is it that no one ever asks what is the most romantic thing a woman has ever done for a man??? No wonder so many relationships are so fucked up...the old fashioned one way street mentality.
jmsmith12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmsmith12345 For This Useful Post:
Lookin4Fun1021 (10-13-2009), Parliament (10-11-2009)
Old 10-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #12
Sneaky
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 11,466 Times in 7,237 Posts
Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsmith12345 View Post
Why is it that no one ever asks what is the most romantic thing a woman has ever done for a man??? No wonder so many relationships are so fucked up...the old fashioned one way street mentality.
JM, tell us, what is the most romantic thing a woman has done for you?
(This should be good)

(I agree, it should go both ways.)
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:32 PM   #13
disturbiagirl
♥His Sweet Seductress♥

Thanked 8,263 Times in 5,673 Posts
disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like

Quote:

Whoa there big guy....I've spent 17 years doing romantic things for a man who gave me a splatter screen for Valentine's Day and has forgotten my birthday the last 2 years. I do think it's odd though that there is seldom 2 romantics in a relationship....either she is and he's not...or he is and she's not. My next love will be romantic....I will never settle again.

If we only have this moment, let's make it last
disturbiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #14
jmsmith12345
vaginas are weird
I Love It Here

jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
JM, tell us, what is the most romantic thing a woman has done for you?
(This should be good)

(I agree, it should go both ways.)
I had an art exhibit...my first professional one, so I was a bit nervous...and after a long night and lots of commentary (good and bad), lots of stress, and just more hand shaking and chat than I really enjoy, she led to the back of the gallery, told me to close my eyes, and had a wonderful meal, a great bottle of wine, and a single rose with a note that simple said "I'm proud of you!"

surprised?
Old 10-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #15
jmsmith12345
vaginas are weird
I Love It Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbiagirl View Post
Whoa there big guy....I've spent 17 years doing romantic things for a man who gave me a splatter screen for Valentine's Day and has forgotten my birthday the last 2 years. I do think it's odd though that there is seldom 2 romantics in a relationship....either she is and he's not...or he is and she's not. My next love will be romantic....I will never settle again.
hmmmm...did I single anyone out? I don't think so...and the one way street theory still applies...just in a different direction.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #16
Sneaky
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like

Quote:
I had an art exhibit...my first professional one, so I was a bit nervous...and after a long night and lots of commentary (good and bad), lots of stress, and just more hand shaking and chat than I really enjoy, she led to the back of the gallery, told me to close my eyes, and had a wonderful meal, a great bottle of wine, and a single rose with a note that simple said "I'm proud of you!"

surprised?
Aw.

Nope not suprised. That's a very romantic thing to do.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #17
disturbiagirl
♥His Sweet Seductress♥

Thanked 8,263 Times in 5,673 Posts
disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like disturbiagirl Is God Like

Quote:
hmmmm...did I single anyone out? I don't think so...and the one way street theory still applies...just in a different direction.
I apologize, I think I misunderstood your point when you said the part about women.
I do alot of romantic things but I think the most time consuming was when my hubby drove truck, I made him a denim quilt (because they are warm) and left the pockets on it. When he would come home I would wash it and put little notes in the pockets so when he snuggled down for the night he could find love notes...some with suggestions...you get the idea...sometimes I put pix in the pockets as well

If we only have this moment, let's make it last
disturbiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to disturbiagirl For This Useful Post:
jmsmith12345 (10-11-2009)
Old 10-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #18
hpygrl
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 5,107 Times in 3,712 Posts
hpygrl Is God Like hpygrl Is God Like hpygrl Is God Like hpygrl Is God Like hpygrl Is God Like hpygrl Is God Like hpygrl Is God Like hpygrl Is God Like hpygrl Is God Like hpygrl Is God Like hpygrl Is God Like

Okay all should I be crying?

WTF

I do not have a romantic husband...I knew this before I married him and made my bed and I lay in it now ... even though I filed divorce papers two months ago I am considering making it work because of this:

He is human and flawed
He would die before he let us starve
He loves our children and takes care of them and plays with them
He tries when I tell him what I need from him
He cleans the garage and vacuums the family room
He doesn't complain ever...

Amongst all his flaws he is a good man and I need him and he needs me...

I think that is romance...real tangible romance!

JM i did the same thing for my hubs after he got a huge promotion at work and he loved it..I acknowledged his success in a way he could appreciate and for his 40th birthday I sent him to a Red Sox game with his friends, presented him with a Ted Williams signed baseball and made sure he went to bed very satisfied...He said he was the luckiest guy in the world! Those words to me were PURE ROMANCE!
hpygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hpygrl For This Useful Post:
BlueEyedMale40 (10-11-2009), jmsmith12345 (10-11-2009), Sneaky (10-11-2009)
Old 10-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #19
BlueEyedMale40
Flirting God

Even though it wasn't time for me to leave yet, I'd walk her hundreds of yards out to her car (in the employee lot) each night after she got off work, so that she'd feel safe and so that we could talk (and kiss).
Old 10-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #20
Jelly
Bite Me

Thanked 9,381 Times in 5,139 Posts
Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like

Romance should happen every day .. in the little things that you do for each other
Old 10-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #21
Sneaky
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl101 View Post
Okay all should I be crying?

WTF

I do not have a romantic husband...I knew this before I married him and made my bed and I lay in it now ... even though I filed divorce papers two months ago I am considering making it work because of this:

He is human and flawed
He would die before he let us starve
He loves our children and takes care of them and plays with them
He tries when I tell him what I need from him
He cleans the garage and vacuums the family room
He doesn't complain ever...

Amongst all his flaws he is a good man and I need him and he needs me...

I think that is romance...real tangible romance!

JM i did the same thing for my hubs after he got a huge promotion at work and he loved it..I acknowledged his success in a way he could appreciate and for his 40th birthday I sent him to a Red Sox game with his friends, presented him with a Ted Williams signed baseball and made sure he went to bed very satisfied...He said he was the luckiest guy in the world! Those words to me were PURE ROMANCE!
I think we lose our idea of what romance is in our daily lives.

My hubby & I have gone to counseling in the past & we had homework assignments for it. We took home lists and had to rate how we show love in our own way & how we interpret love from the other. It was an enlightening experience. To him, showing love was doing a lot of the things you mentioned..that's his way of showing love. I'll take a guy that will take care of you when you have the flu and are puking your guts out and too stubborn to ask for help. Or one that makes me dinner after a long day. Or irons my work cloths when I'm running late.

Course occasional flowers, chocolate & jewlry wouldn't HURT.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sneaky For This Useful Post:
hpygrl (10-11-2009), Jelly (10-11-2009)
Old 10-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #22
Parliament
Flirting God

Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,990 Posts
Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like

For our wedding, I was in charge of music, and I couldn't find the RIGHT song for when she walked down the aisle. So I wrote one that really fit, and sang it to her as she walked toward the altar.
Parliament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:56 PM   #23
jmsmith12345
vaginas are weird
I Love It Here

The thing about romance...well, really any part of a relationship...is that we all need to make sure to be selfish, and not be selfish, be a taker, and be a giver, know how and when to love, and also how and when to hate. In short, we need to know all the little things about ourselves and our SO in order to work on the flaws, exploit (in a good way) the positives, and help one another grow and mature together. It takes two to break a relationship, and it most definitely takes two to make a relationship.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jmsmith12345 For This Useful Post:
hpygrl (10-11-2009), Jelly (10-11-2009), Sneaky (10-11-2009), Tempest (10-11-2009)
Old 10-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #24
Tempest
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,258 Posts
Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like

Quote:
The thing about romance...well, really any part of a relationship...is that we all need to make sure to be selfish, and not be selfish, be a taker, and be a giver, know how and when to love, and also how and when to hate. In short, we need to know all the little things about ourselves and our SO in order to work on the flaws, exploit (in a good way) the positives, and help one another grow and mature together. It takes two to break a relationship, and it most definitely takes two to make a relationship.
OMG, that's too much work. Can I just fuck somebody and not worry about the rest of it??
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #25
BlueEyedMale40
Flirting God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
OMG, that's too much work. Can I just fuck somebody and not worry about the rest of it??
I've had the love without the fucking. That definitely doesn't work. My guess is you do need both.