Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Everyday Life For Married Couples

Everyday Life For Married Couples A forum for couples to chat about your everyday married life. This would be a good place for women and men to get to know eachother.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:45 AM   #1
Brink
"Man of few words"

Thanked 1,846 Times in 1,107 Posts
Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like
Default Do you think before you post?

When a topic inspires you to respond, how spontaneously do you post? How simple is it for you to click on the reply button and just roll with whatever comes out? Are your thoughts typically made up on the spot? Does it depend on the type of thread? Do you ever get the feeling you shouldn’t be posting something, or starting a certain thread, but you go ahead anyway? Do you sometimes wish you'd have mused for longer? Are you similarly impulsive when you speak?

Admittedly, it’s rare that I post something spontaneously unless it’s to congratulate someone, play a word game, or welcome somebody new. I tend to post in the manner in which I converse; which is to ponder through the bases, weighing up my after-thoughts as well as my immediate ones, and then prioritising them...Yawn...Zzzzz. I sometimes gather my thoughts while I’m away from the forum! While there’s little chance of me blurting out something I don’t intend, I do wonder whether such restraint skewers the process, and makes me appear less human!

Does anyone else think this deeply before they post?
Old 07-08-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
hazeleyes5
Flirting God

hazeleyes5 Is God Like hazeleyes5 Is God Like hazeleyes5 Is God Like hazeleyes5 Is God Like hazeleyes5 Is God Like hazeleyes5 Is God Like hazeleyes5 Is God Like hazeleyes5 Is God Like hazeleyes5 Is God Like hazeleyes5 Is God Like hazeleyes5 Is God Like

No...i usually just say the first thing that pops into my mind....
hazeleyes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #3
Denny422
Flirting God

Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like

LOL!!! I put so much thought into some of the longer stuff I usually type them in a Word file and then paste them here when I'm done! That habit actually got started because I'm frequently "pirating" an internet signal while I'm working and never know when I'll suddenly have to leave, and I got tired of losing long, well-thought-out posts that way. But yeah, there are personal reasons for which I am very careful about what I say in here, and I try to put a lot of thought into everything. Especially if I'm upset or offended about what I'm posting about. I try very hard not to offend anyone or be anything other than courteous, no matter how angry I may be.

In the lighter threads I'm usually content to just pop out with something without much deliberation. And there are a LOT of times I've decided to pass on saying anything either because I felt others had already said what I would say or because I felt like what I had to say would just cause hurt feelings or a lot of strife on the site. That's not to say I would hold back saying something I thought someone needed to hear even if it was "bad news"; like talking about a legal situation I've been through (i.e. "I hate to tell you this, but here's what happened to me:"). I just try not to cause upheaval in here if there's a way around it.

Of course, in real life, we don't always have the luxury of running "spell check" or "idiot check" on everything that comes out of our mouth in a fast conversation. Again, I try to carefully consider everything, but I'd have to say it's a lot more common for me to think "boy, I wish I'd said that a little differently" (or "Oh s#$@!! Did I say that out loud??") in actual conversation than in here.

(I didn't set a timer, but I think this one took about 10 or 15 minutes. Of course, I AM working too...........)
Old 07-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #4
jmsmith12345
vaginas are weird
I Love It Here

Thanked 3,509 Times in 2,131 Posts
jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like

of course I do...I am always thinking...I know, hard to believe, but it is a sad fact of life that only one of the thousands of thoughts going on in my brain ever make it to these hallowed halls at any given time
jmsmith12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jmsmith12345 For This Useful Post:
OnceAKing (07-08-2009)
Old 07-08-2009, 08:58 AM   #5
scoobertina
scoobalicious

Thanked 18,212 Times in 12,325 Posts
scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like

I kind of just go with my gut feelings at the time.. I don't think too deeply about something.. but once I start to post my mind tends to just add as I type.. my fingers just go along for the ride...

however I have had a few threads that I would post and it would continue to stay on my mind... and I would have to post again...
Old 07-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #6
blu
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

blu Is God Like blu Is God Like blu Is God Like blu Is God Like blu Is God Like blu Is God Like blu Is God Like blu Is God Like blu Is God Like blu Is God Like blu Is God Like

im always thinking, its a curse. some threads are designed to just say what pops into your head and others want a more thoughtout answer
blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #7
cherri
Openly Defiant

cherri Is God Like cherri Is God Like cherri Is God Like cherri Is God Like cherri Is God Like cherri Is God Like cherri Is God Like cherri Is God Like cherri Is God Like cherri Is God Like cherri Is God Like

Before I respond to a post, or someone in a conversation, I always try to think of what I am going to say, the best way in which to say it, and to be honest and heartfelt when I do. I don't particularly hold back, and I don't beat around the bush. Most people believe that a blurted out answer is the most truthful response, which I don't want to seem dishonest. But blurting something out, to me, means that you didn't take time to think of what was being said, which if you don't think about some things, it's very easy to jump to the wrong conclusion or assume somehting that isn't even meant. Every once in while, not often, I will read something I wrote. Sometimes, I'm shocked that I put that much thought and/or feeling into it. Especially when I'm saying something sexually explicit, and I wonder what in the world posessed me to tell the world what it felt like and what was going on in my mind at that time. There are some threads that provoke me into giving more-more of myself. Digging deep into my psyche , and pouring out the very things I am usually quiet about and don't share because no one cares enough to ask. I'm not impulsive when I speak, but there are some things that I have already given thought to, and have a quick response for. That just comes from the fact that I analyze everything, and try to think ahead enough to be ready for anything. My responses, which are usually long and wordy, is full of thought, feeling, and a genuine desire to reply to a question or comment that I felt deserved a sincere answer. Or one that was so thought provoking that I was compelled to answer.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:34 AM   #8
catm
Flirting Guest
Flirting Is My Life :)

catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute catm has a reputation beyond repute

Think? who has time to think....
catm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #9
OnceAKing
Expecting Company

Thanked 2,376 Times in 1,510 Posts
OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like

For the most part what I post is meaningless and about relatively meaningless things usually so normally for me...it's just capturing part of one of hundreds of thoughts that are racing through my head at any given time. On those other rare occurrences that I may think it's deeply important to share my feelings, I'm usually just typing what I'm thinking with occasional stops to back up and re-word just for the sake of readability. Hopefully it's an improvement. After I post I sometimes see spelling or a word choices that I go back and edit...after that it's WYSIWYG.

I honestly don't figure that anything I have to say here is going to be taken to heart and be heard as life changing much less world changing so why should I be so vain as to spend hours trying to articulate something into something it'll never be. I'm not a very good writer, I know that!... crap I got kicked out of the third grade for not shaving close enough...that I can order what I want to eat off of a menu is quite the accomplishment.

I know, you all knew all of that without me saying it.

OnceAKing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OnceAKing For This Useful Post:
MCat (07-09-2009)
Old 07-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #10
Fwd40s
Flirting With Disaster

Thanked 3,552 Times in 3,054 Posts
Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like

I did...maybe once....I think....maybe
OnceAKing (07-08-2009)
Old 07-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #11
Tempest
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,258 Posts
Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like

I don't put too much thought into it. I've got too much to think about in all other aspects of my life, here is where I get to just let it flow...
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #12
Fwd40s
Flirting With Disaster

Thanked 3,552 Times in 3,054 Posts
Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankyjenks View Post
I don't put too much thought into it. I've got too much to think about in all other aspects of my life, here is where I get to just let it flow...
And we enjoy her flowing
Tempest (07-08-2009)
Old 07-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #13
neil48
Flirting God

Thanked 1,184 Times in 1,025 Posts
neil48 Is God Like neil48 Is God Like neil48 Is God Like neil48 Is God Like neil48 Is God Like neil48 Is God Like neil48 Is God Like neil48 Is God Like neil48 Is God Like neil48 Is God Like neil48 Is God Like

I think I fire away........I think little.
neil48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #14
OnceAKing
Expecting Company

OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like

Quote:
I can see where this might be the start of another one of those "Golden Shower" threads...depending on a couple of my friends...god forbid it would turn into that other flow subject.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OnceAKing For This Useful Post:
MCat (07-09-2009), Shawn (07-08-2009)
Old 07-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #15
daisyduck
***Beautiful disaster ***

Thanked 6,144 Times in 4,896 Posts
daisyduck Is God Like daisyduck Is God Like daisyduck Is God Like daisyduck Is God Like daisyduck Is God Like daisyduck Is God Like daisyduck Is God Like daisyduck Is God Like daisyduck Is God Like daisyduck Is God Like daisyduck Is God Like

not much thought behind by post, i dont have time to think most of the time!!!
daisyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #16
Tempest
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,258 Posts
Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like Tempest Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAKing View Post
I can see where this might be the start of another one of those "Golden Shower" threads...depending on a couple of my friends...god forbid it would turn into that other flow subject.
LOL, OAK, I thought of that after I posted it, then thought what the hell, it'll make the day more interesting, coz I KNEW someone would say something about it.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tempest For This Useful Post:
OnceAKing (07-08-2009)
Old 07-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #17
OnceAKing
Expecting Company

Quote:
LOL, OAK, I thought of that after I posted it, then thought what the hell, it'll make the day more interesting, coz I KNEW someone would say something about it.
just so you'll know...you can always count on me....not that that's always good...lol

The Following User Says Thank You to OnceAKing For This Useful Post:
Tempest (07-08-2009)
Old 07-08-2009, 11:15 AM   #18
jmsmith12345
vaginas are weird
I Love It Here

Thanked 3,509 Times in 2,131 Posts
jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like jmsmith12345 Is God Like

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAKing View Post
Thank god he went in that direction...this could have easily strayed down a far different path...but then we would only have to read your posts a few days a month.
jmsmith12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmsmith12345 For This Useful Post:
MCat (07-09-2009), OnceAKing (07-08-2009)
Old 07-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #19
Frenchie_lady
in love with my freak!

Thanked 3,548 Times in 2,558 Posts
Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like Frenchie_lady Is God Like

Well, I'm a woman and I was born a blond... should mean something!

I usually mostly react, but at time, I will stop and think about it, decide if I'm adding or not to the conversation. There are times though that I just can't hold it back and I've been know to regret some stuff I've said too.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:32 AM   #20
redcat
Forum Leader

Thanked 13,437 Times in 8,558 Posts
redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like

I occasionally post in the more serious threads and I do put some thought into them. What happens though is, as I'm typing, my thoughts run much faster than my fingers, and I tend to lose the initial focus. If the topic is about something that really strikes an emotional chord in me, it is all the more difficult to stay on point.

There are times I would like to think analytically and be able to project possible responses, but that isn't me. I sometimes avoid threads, as what I want to say may not be nice, or come across in such a way that it would be easily misunderstood and I don't want to hurt people's feelings.

And now, after trying to answer this, and being distracted by conversation with hubby, I'm just going to post this and go back to the sex thread.
redcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #21
discreet2u4u
Propagating Pithy Prose

discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute

I do try to think my way through the topic at hand. I'm not always successful at expressing myself. Sometime I like to other times I like to then there is always , some posts are worthy of a , then there are those that should experience..., occasionally I have to say.., sometimes my mood goes here .., I always enjoy the , but mostly I just enjoy the friendly .
I am really grateful for the "edit" button on the thread....whew...saves some really embarassing moments.
redcat (07-08-2009), ~freshly~ (07-08-2009)
Old 07-08-2009, 12:03 PM   #22
Shawn
Forum Surfer

Thanked 17,609 Times in 9,225 Posts
Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute

I. Do I think before I post response.
A. I usually devote 25% of this time forming an outline of my thoughts
1. Its usually helpful to organize my feelings before releasing them
2. I find by doing this I can guide my reader through the maze of ideas in my head
3 I really like the way it looks
B. I spend 50% of the time tweaking out my responses as to not lose my reader.
1. This is done when you remember whom your audience is
2. A great story always has a way to hook the reader to draw them in
C. The remaining 25% of the time I honestly B.S. my way through

So in conclusion... no I pretty much wing everything I say... I may have a general idea of what I want to get across but often that gets lost due to a snack craving, bathroom break or someone walking into my office and interrupting me.... so I am forced to get my initial thought down and hit send as fast as possible.
~freshly~ (07-09-2009)
Old 07-08-2009, 12:05 PM   #23
~freshly~
totally singed...

~freshly~ Is God Like ~freshly~ Is God Like ~freshly~ Is God Like ~freshly~ Is God Like ~freshly~ Is God Like ~freshly~ Is God Like ~freshly~ Is God Like ~freshly~ Is God Like ~freshly~ Is God Like ~freshly~ Is God Like ~freshly~ Is God Like

LOL discreet2u4u ... thought provoking post that!
Nope...no thought what so ever before I post...computer is so damn slow I could write a flippin NOVEL between posts...but think...hell no! There are a couple of the serious threads that get me THINKING and I may blog else where, but here I usually stick to the frivolous ones.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #24
Singeon
Taking a break...
I Love It Here

Singeon Is God Like Singeon Is God Like Singeon Is God Like Singeon Is God Like Singeon Is God Like Singeon Is God Like Singeon Is God Like Singeon Is God Like Singeon Is God Like Singeon Is God Like Singeon Is God Like

Yes..I do..then get booted before I could write it down....
Singeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #25
Sneaky
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 11,466 Times in 7,237 Posts
Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like

I'm an impulsive person. It gets me in trouble. I blurt in real life & here...

I have learned to think a little bit before hitting the send button though...there's lots of times I start a response & think better of it.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sneaky For This Useful Post:
OnceAKing (07-08-2009)