Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Everyday Life For Married Couples

Everyday Life For Married Couples A forum for couples to chat about your everyday married life. This would be a good place for women and men to get to know eachother.

Old 02-11-2018, 01:05 AM   #1
slick9190
Flirting God

slick9190 has a reputation beyond repute slick9190 has a reputation beyond repute slick9190 has a reputation beyond repute slick9190 has a reputation beyond repute slick9190 has a reputation beyond repute slick9190 has a reputation beyond repute slick9190 has a reputation beyond repute slick9190 has a reputation beyond repute slick9190 has a reputation beyond repute slick9190 has a reputation beyond repute slick9190 has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Promise

Today, I had the honor - and the duty - to attend a funeral. It was a funeral for Officer Micah Flick, Colorado Springs PD. Officer Flick was killed on Monday after stopping a reported stolen car. Two other officers were wounds, and a civilian hit before the "suspect" was killed. Since that day, I believe an officer was killed in Georgia and two in Ohio. I attended out of a sense of duty - I have worked with the police before, and coach baseball with two members of the force.

But, I was treated to the most amazing, moving, and elegant speech I have ever heard in my life. His wife, Rachael, stood up and talked for about 15 minutes about Micah - who he was, what he believed, what he meant to his 7 year old twins, and what they meant to him.

She didn't cry, she didn't talk about the injustice of it all, she didn't talk about her profound loss - instead, she talked about what she called the "epidemic of disrespect" in this country - our failure to respect authority, to respect our elders, to respect our parents, our teachers, and each other.

We're all guilty - at one level or another. I came away charged with changing. Beginning tomorrow, my life changes. My baseball team (I coach high school baseball) will be different, my players will be different, my interactions with others will be different, and my commitment to making life better for others will be different.

That's it --- my promise -- because I owe it to Rachael Flick, to others, and most of all, to myself.
Cristal (02-11-2018), FlowerGirl228 (02-11-2018), HeavenlyFreak (02-15-2018)