Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Married And Flirting

Married And Flirting Are You A Flirt? Do you enjoy flirting? Let the flirt in you come out here!

Old 06-09-2009, 01:52 PM   #51
Yankee
I'm NOT MARRIED!!!!
I Love It Here

Thanked 1,241 Times in 1,027 Posts
Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like

I dunno . . . really don't . . .

I quit letting my heart loose awhile ago . . . taking the hurts and shoving them aside.

Met someone recently who, God only knows how, SAW that . . . and slowly my heart . . . is mending.

So maybe you mend a heart . . . by letting someone see how broke it is.

I dunno.

Perhaps I'm overly sensitive . . . more coffee is required.
Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yankee For This Useful Post:
Sneaky (06-09-2009), tadpole (06-09-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #52
Tndream
chaos in a corset

Thanked 1,415 Times in 916 Posts
Tndream Is God Like Tndream Is God Like Tndream Is God Like Tndream Is God Like Tndream Is God Like Tndream Is God Like Tndream Is God Like Tndream Is God Like Tndream Is God Like Tndream Is God Like Tndream Is God Like

I dont think you really can mend a broken heart can you?

For me, the answer always has been whiskey.
Lots n lots of whiskey.

I never have finished mending from he last hurt dealt.
I just drank myself into an oblivion, smiled and pretended like nothing was wrong.
Thats how I fix things, just smile and pretend it is all good.
Sneaky (06-09-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #53
Sneaky
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 11,466 Times in 7,237 Posts
Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brink View Post
I think you start off by being kind and gentle to yourself: like you’re recovering from a severe illness or massive devastation. I think you should take time out to visit special places and people, adapt to a new routine, take things one day at a time, but don’t do too much, and give yourself plenty of treats and rest. Eat well. Grieving, crying, venting, exercise, hobbies, being creative, expressive, spiritual, and writing it all down can help, but keep a lid on complete chaos – maintain some inner standards for yourself. You should try to avoid self-destructive behaviour, and bitterness or becoming swamped with other negative emotions. Try to remember all the good memories, cherish what you had...nothing can take that away.

I would have to scrutinise how it happened - what part I played - for a long time before feeling any better, but I could begin to repair my broken heart. Through loving myself, I could restore the damage; I have done it before. I think you need to fully recuperate in order to give your heart away again. A patched up heart will only break sooner next time. For me, if you felt love with every ounce of your body, you kind of owe it to the experience to move on and strive for happiness again. If I ever shattered somebody’s heart, I know I’d never want them to be stuck in the past for the rest of their lives. That thought is harder to bear than the misery I know I would go through.
Yeah. I think you're right. The hardest part is knowing, "This feels like shit and I have to just go through it." There really isn't anything I can do to feel better but just go through it.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sneaky For This Useful Post:
Brink (06-09-2009), fly (06-09-2009), sassynsweet (06-09-2009), Violet (06-09-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 02:16 PM   #54
sassynsweet
A little bit of both!

sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
Yeah. I think you're right. The hardest part is knowing, "This feels like shit and I have to just go through it." There really isn't anything I can do to feel better but just go through it.
i think you're exactly right. plow along and hope the other side shows up quickly (though it never does)

"Be kinder than necessary, because everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
sassynsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sassynsweet For This Useful Post:
Sneaky (06-09-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 02:16 PM   #55
Sneaky
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like Sneaky Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiousoneonly View Post
I am not sure if there is indeed a way to mend a broken heart. I guess we somehow manage to muddle thru each day. I tend to bury myself in my work and I take on new tasks in order to keep my mind occupied. I do know it is not easy to get thru as we are constantly reminded of that person. Like others have said, your heart is never really mended. That person that you once shared your life with, your being, will forever have a piece of your heart.

Hmm...makes one wonder if it is even worth giving your heart to someone knowing that one runs the risk of being hurt.
I think it is. To feel those wonderful feelings for another person is TOTALLY worth it.

(I already asked Fly to remind me of those words when I hit the Violent/ Angry stage.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Sneaky For This Useful Post:
fly (06-09-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #56
gdgrl
Follow me

Thanked 9,367 Times in 5,445 Posts
gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like

You know, we initially think about the opposite sex when this question is posed. A lover. But, it could be a mother, child, grandparent, anyone whom we have loved and loved in return. When they are hurt, ill or even pass away, our lives are changed and hearts are broken. But, regardless the gift has been given and we carry it with us always.

I have been blessed with love and I would never want to know what it would be like without that blessing!
Sneaky (06-09-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #57
Yankee
I'm NOT MARRIED!!!!
I Love It Here

Thanked 1,241 Times in 1,027 Posts
Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like Yankee Is God Like

Quote:
I agree Sneaky . . . knowing sucks.

But it's the initial hoping . . . hoping it's not over . . . hoping things will return to "normal" . . . that always drove me nuts.
Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yankee For This Useful Post:
FeIsTy FaV (06-09-2009), Sneaky (06-09-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #58
fondew2004
N/A

fondew2004 has disabled reputation

Quote:
No, I'm not singin' the song. I mean it seriously...what do you do?
If I knew the answer to that one, I wouldn't be lying here on the floor with this spear sticking out of my chest!
And...I'll just bet you read all the "good" about ...."volunteer", "find others needing your help", "go to church", "take up a hobby", "don't over eat"...etc.

No...no quick answers. Just this...time will heal. But much like a burn, it will hurt like hell most of the time, and it will leave some scarring.
But when you know you're on the mend, remember this: "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

It really is that hard...and that simple.

Let us know how things are progressing...and how you've done it!
fondew2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fondew2004 For This Useful Post:
Sneaky (06-09-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #59
Brink
"Man of few words"

Thanked 1,846 Times in 1,107 Posts
Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCat View Post
Brink.....you sure have a lot of womanly emotion popping out there...mercy sakes alive.

I broke my own heart...It was my choice to leave my previous life and start anew. Those ideas wouldn't have worked at all for me...I would not have had energy, time or the money to pamper myself.

I'm pretty sure if I would not have had OAK to hold me up on the dark days...I may still be curled up in a ball on the bed.
Love, attachment, relationships: I have always been fascinated by them! It is part of my inherent nature to be expressive and sensitive, but these are familiar topics for me - they feature so heavily in the research and policy making that I do, I’ve grown used to being upfront about them! When it comes to sharing my thoughts, I don’t tend to worry about how masculine I come across and, quite possibly, that makes me standout at times. I often get perceived as ‘womanly’ on several fronts – you are on the ball there, Mcat - but I don’t let that alter the way I feel. I try to be my own person, a bit of a non-conformist - I never feel tied to behaving a certain way. I am definitely biologically male, and I am sometimes very ‘typically’ male! That’s good enough for me!

It’s never set in stone how we should overcome our experiences – I suppose you just choose what your instincts tell you and hope for the best. Breaking one’s own heart must be turmoil worth going through if you know it will ensure your future happiness...it seems you were rescuing your heart as well.

Quote:

I think it gets easier every time you love and lose. I threw myself wholeheartedly into two marriages before this one, and I survived to go on and love again without lingering doubts! It wasn’t the ending that hurt so much; it was the process of getting to that point that was stabbing my heart. But you learn as you're thrust into the darkness, and you do come out as a stronger person. It’s a bittersweet way to extend your knowledge about life and gain conviction, but I think staying focussed and positive about the future can get you by...you just have to last out the journey.
MCat (06-09-2009), Sneaky (06-09-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #60
pointofnoreturn
Flirting God

Thanked 1,511 Times in 1,280 Posts
pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like

Crazy glue and duck(sp) ? tape is all I can seem to find for this...
Sneaky (06-09-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #61
Chrysalis.
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 8,909 Times in 6,216 Posts
Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazeleyes5 View Post
If you never give your heart..you would never have these feelings you think?...and never experiencing these feeling... that love in your heart, i think would be a sad way to go thru life...would be not really living...just surviving...i don't know about anyone else...but i want to live, love and experience life and all it has to offer...getting hurt by other's actions or words is just part of life..but know when other's are involved it will happen.
Yes, I know it is part of life but.
Chrysalis. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #62
Chrysalis.
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 8,909 Times in 6,216 Posts
Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by learman3 View Post
I think the feeling you get from giving your heart out ways the feeling of it breaking. I don't think I have ever felt either and know at some time in my life I would love to feel what it is like to give my heart totally to someone who gives theirs totally to me. I can only imagine how wonderful it will be.
Lear, I hope one day you are able to experience that.
Chrysalis. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chrysalis. For This Useful Post:
learman3 (06-10-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #63
Iowa Guy 77
Flirting God

Iowa Guy 77 has a reputation beyond repute Iowa Guy 77 has a reputation beyond repute Iowa Guy 77 has a reputation beyond repute Iowa Guy 77 has a reputation beyond repute Iowa Guy 77 has a reputation beyond repute Iowa Guy 77 has a reputation beyond repute Iowa Guy 77 has a reputation beyond repute Iowa Guy 77 has a reputation beyond repute Iowa Guy 77 has a reputation beyond repute Iowa Guy 77 has a reputation beyond repute Iowa Guy 77 has a reputation beyond repute

It takes time, but you can only get back the love you give out. It doesn't always happen that way, but usually it does in some way or form.
Iowa Guy 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iowa Guy 77 For This Useful Post:
Sneaky (06-09-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #64
MunkyBrain
Flirting God

Thanked 2,087 Times in 1,355 Posts
MunkyBrain Is God Like MunkyBrain Is God Like MunkyBrain Is God Like MunkyBrain Is God Like MunkyBrain Is God Like MunkyBrain Is God Like MunkyBrain Is God Like MunkyBrain Is God Like MunkyBrain Is God Like MunkyBrain Is God Like MunkyBrain Is God Like

Quote:
That's about it. I wish I could say it was easier...but...you just get through it and it sucks but it's all you can do. Tinny and OAK both made excellent suggestions. The spiritual benefits of old whiskey and new firearms each get a chapter in the upcoming Munky self-help manual.

And so do good friends who let you lean on them just a little bit when you feel like you're just gonna go crazy and can't do this anymore.

Stupid is good medicine too. Juvenile irresponsibility is so damn liberating...
MunkyBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MunkyBrain For This Useful Post:
Sneaky (06-09-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #65
FizProf
Goodbye

FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like FizProf Is God Like

You run off to a remote Mountain Village in New Mexico where the single male-to-female ratio is 10:1. Dedicated yourself to the attainment of priesthood (of sorts) for the next 4 years. Occasionally come down to the City to enjoy the music of Felix Mendelsohn (no emotional investment involved) and venture into the high plains for solitude. Once every six months go to the bar down in the valley and get pissed drunk.
FizProf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FizProf For This Useful Post:
Sneaky (06-09-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #66
Sneaky
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizProf View Post
You run off to a remote Mountain Village in New Mexico where the single male-to-female ratio is 10:1. Dedicated yourself to the attainment of priesthood (of sorts) for the next 4 years. Occasionally come down to the City to enjoy the music of Felix Mendelsohn (no emotional investment involved) and venture into the high plains for solitude. Once every six months go to the bar down in the valley and get pissed drunk.
LOL. Fiz, there is NOTHING cliche' about you, do you know that??

This is some PRETTY appealing advice. Except ME?? As a Preistess?? LOL. Mexico & being pissed drunk sounds good though!!
Old 06-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #67
Sneaky
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyBrain View Post
That's about it. I wish I could say it was easier...but...you just get through it and it sucks but it's all you can do. Tinny and OAK both made excellent suggestions. The spiritual benefits of old whiskey and new firearms each get a chapter in the upcoming Munky self-help manual.

And so do good friends who let you lean on them just a little bit when you feel like you're just gonna go crazy and can't do this anymore.

Stupid is good medicine too. Juvenile irresponsibility is so damn liberating...
LOL!!! This is GOOD stuff. There is a Women & Guns thread somewhere isn't there? I may need to wonder over there.

Yeah, I miss Juvenile irresponsibility....I never thought of that as MEDICINE. Hm....
Old 06-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #68
BlondieS
The Mad Hatter

Thanked 4,148 Times in 2,959 Posts
BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizProf View Post
Priesthood, hmmm. I think I would get struck by lightening before I ever made it to the front door! I'll just have meet you and Sneaky at the bar!
BlondieS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlondieS For This Useful Post:
Sneaky (06-09-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #69
fly
Well hello Mr. Mister....

Location: In my own make believe land. it's warm in here. No wait.....I'm standing over the vent. CRAP!!!
Thanked 1,744 Times in 1,063 Posts
fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like

Quote:
I think it is. To feel those wonderful feelings for another person is TOTALLY worth it.

(I already asked Fly to remind me of those words when I hit the Violent/ Angry stage.)

wait.........I thought you said to remind you AFTER. not when.

fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #70
fly

Location: In my own make believe land. it's warm in here. No wait.....I'm standing over the vent. CRAP!!!
fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_N_Sandiego View Post
For your information "us men" totally get "you women" more than you know.... we just do not let you know to save us countless hours of "quality time" repeating " I know how you feel, I totally understand, I can totally relate girl, you need a hug"

This statement in no way reflects I am "that guy" it was written at a weak moment on 4 hours sleep

ahhhh...........you know we women NEVER forget anything that's been told to us. I fully expect your shoulder to be ready and available (with the box of kleenex handy)
next time I have a "crisis" and my girlfriends are all busy!!!

Old 06-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #71
Sneaky
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybabe View Post
wait.........I thought you said to remind you AFTER. not when.
(Shsshshsh.)

I would NEVER have said AFTER Fly! Where on earth do you GET these CRAZY things.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #72
fly

Quote:
(Shsshshsh.)

I would NEVER have said AFTER Fly! Where on earth do you GET these CRAZY things.

Brain freeze?????

Old 06-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #73
LookingForTrouble
Married And Flirting

LookingForTrouble has a reputation beyond repute LookingForTrouble has a reputation beyond repute LookingForTrouble has a reputation beyond repute LookingForTrouble has a reputation beyond repute LookingForTrouble has a reputation beyond repute LookingForTrouble has a reputation beyond repute LookingForTrouble has a reputation beyond repute LookingForTrouble has a reputation beyond repute LookingForTrouble has a reputation beyond repute LookingForTrouble has a reputation beyond repute LookingForTrouble has a reputation beyond repute

Had my heart broken more than a few times and for many different reasons. So were my fault, others, I just didn't understand or have the skills at the time to see what she was needing from me.

Feels like your getting your heart ripped out and I kept asking "why"?

So I finally did something about it. ( I know, such a man thing to "do something".)

There is a great book called "Love Busters". It's meant for those trying to save there marriage, but I think it is also useful for those wanting to understand "what went wrong". After all, who wants to just keep doing the same thing and failing?
Again, it was always the "why" that drove me crazy.

I am assuming you didn't want this relationship to end, so that you would have done a lot to have it continue.

As to when you will feel better???? Six weeks, and that drug withdrawal pain will finally subside. But there is a catch, if you allow him to string you along or each time you have contact, the clock starts over.

Hope this helps,

LFT
LookingForTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LookingForTrouble For This Useful Post:
fly (06-09-2009), Sneaky (06-09-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #74
Sneaky
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingForTrouble View Post
Had my heart broken more than a few times and for many different reasons. So were my fault, others, I just didn't understand or have the skills at the time to see what she was needing from me.

Feels like your getting your heart ripped out and I kept asking "why"?

So I finally did something about it. ( I know, such a man thing to "do something".)

There is a great book called "Love Busters". It's meant for those trying to save there marriage, but I think it is also useful for those wanting to understand "what went wrong". After all, who wants to just keep doing the same thing and failing?
Again, it was always the "why" that drove me crazy.

I am assuming you didn't want this relationship to end, so that you would have done a lot to have it continue.

As to when you will feel better???? Six weeks, and that drug withdrawal pain will finally subside. But there is a catch, if you allow him to string you along or each time you have contact, the clock starts over.

Hope this helps,

LFT
Who the heck made up THAT rule? That rule SUCKS.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sneaky For This Useful Post:
Ally (06-09-2009), fly (06-09-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #75
glamourgirl
*~La Bella Vita~*

Thanked 1,979 Times in 1,460 Posts
glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like glamourgirl Is God Like

hmmmm with my "friends" Ben and Jerry
and about 100 miles works for me!

or..... sparing with a friend

actually....once guys find out what i do for a living.... its never an issue!

(the joke is when women find out the guy is a doc they pick out china, when guys find out the woman is a doc.... they pick a new girl!)
Sneaky (06-09-2009)