Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Current Events And Real Life

Current Events And Real Life Kids, Holidays, Entertainment. Things that married people worry about with our clothes on.

Old 07-25-2005, 09:58 PM   #1
Zpanther
Flirting God

Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like
Default What's your beef?

Yeah I know you girls all got a hotbutton. That wasn't what I was thinking about though. Is there something your spouse does that can make you see 'red?'

I 'spose there are several, but one of mine is when Lady P criticizes my driving. This has been going on for the entire 31 years of our marriage, and it never changes.... and I really AM a good and safe driver too. We had a 2 hour drive to visit her relatives last weekend. She started in with just a comment or two. I ignored her for an hour and finally blew up. We had a class 1 screaming match and weren't speaking by the time we arrived for dinner. I guess we've been married too long though. As soon as we arrived, we switched it off and had a good time the rest of the weekend. I let her drive home. Wasn't worth another fight.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:44 PM   #2
Penny
Proprietor

Thanked 1,616 Times in 657 Posts
Penny has disabled reputation

I don't take critisism(speeling) very well
Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:09 PM   #3
swabie16
Super Flirt

swabie16 is an unknown quantity at this point

my wife tells me i always make mistakes what ever i do but they're not mistakes i'm merly confused
swabie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:11 PM   #4
Penny
Proprietor

Sounds like my husband
Old 07-25-2005, 11:14 PM   #5
swabie16
Super Flirt

swabie16 is an unknown quantity at this point

confused is better than wrong right
swabie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:20 PM   #6
Zpanther
Flirting God

Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like Zpanther Is God Like

Couple of Lady P's are pulling the shower curtain closed to let it dry out.... and the ol' put the toilet seat down....... heh heh After she fell in a few times in the middle of the night (she never turns a light on when she gets up), I decided I better pay more attention to that one.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:26 PM   #7
MCat
Flirting Goddess

Thanked 1,264 Times in 824 Posts
MCat has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zpanther
Is there something your spouse does that can make you see 'red?'
Quite often he answers a different question than the one I asked....I don't understand how one has anything to do with the other and then I go ballistic...Sorry Hank, don't mean too...I just don't have a lot of patience left....I'm off my medication and worn out.
MCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:53 PM   #8
roughneck
Super Flirt

roughneck is an unknown quantity at this point

my wife gets on my nerves to when i am driving and she is the one that can't drive.
roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:57 AM   #9
Seeker
Flirting God

Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute

I feel your pain!

I'm a professional driver, yet my wife is always telling me I'm driving too fast, or too slow, too close, ....... etc., etc. Oh, well! Gotta love 'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughneck
my wife gets on my nerves to when i am driving and she is the one that can't drive.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:01 AM   #10
Wet Beaver
Goddess

Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute

poker nights.......
Old 07-26-2005, 01:07 AM   #11
Zpanther
Flirting God

Quote:
Originally Posted by wet beaver
poker nights.......
Uh....... what's wrong with that? You just miss him? ..... or is he losing too much money?
Old 07-26-2005, 01:10 AM   #12
Seeker
Flirting God

Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute

oh, yeah .... directions ..... I decided to let my wife give me directions to a place I hadn't been before. After a few 'turn here's and turn there's, followed by turn left up there, and turn righ over there. She was SO totally lost!

Fortunately I had her write down the address.... I found the place in less than 5 minutes ( in her defense I will say she got us close)

Morale of the story: Follow directions exactly! That way, when things go wrong, you know who to blame!
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:14 AM   #13
Wet Beaver
Goddess

Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zpanther
Uh....... what's wrong with that? You just miss him? ..... or is he losing too much money?
Most of the time he comes home about even, but he stinks of cigar smoke and has had way to much to drink.One night he couldn't even climb up the stairs to bed.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:37 AM   #14
Zpanther
Flirting God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker
I feel your pain!

I'm a professional driver, yet my wife is always telling me I'm driving too fast, or too slow, too close, ....... etc., etc. Oh, well! Gotta love 'em.
heh heh...... ya can't please 'em. I asked Lady P if I was driving too fast..... 'no.' Was I driving erratic? ...... 'no.' I asked her then "well just what is it that you're so upset about?" She said, "I don't like you looking all around when you're driving. Keep you're eyes on the road." ....... whew! Go figure.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:29 AM   #15
hank69
Flirter

hank69 has a reputation beyond repute hank69 has a reputation beyond repute hank69 has a reputation beyond repute hank69 has a reputation beyond repute hank69 has a reputation beyond repute hank69 has a reputation beyond repute hank69 has a reputation beyond repute hank69 has a reputation beyond repute hank69 has a reputation beyond repute hank69 has a reputation beyond repute hank69 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marycat
Quite often he answers a different question than the one I asked....I don't understand how one has anything to do with the other and then I go ballistic...Sorry Hank, don't mean too...I just don't have a lot of patience left....I'm off my medication and worn out.
Sorry 20+ years of factory and airplane noise,I dont always here you correctly
hank69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 03:52 AM   #16
Onehttmama
Flirting Goddess

Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marycat

OMG! I do that to my husband! He will ask a question and I will answer his next question before he asks it so hes such a smart ass he will ask the question to what I said first and I will answer the first question then. It absolutely drives him nuts the kids crack up. Its like I anticipate the question, but his first one was unnescessary. Sorry Marycat, its like arunning joke around here. He gets soo worked up over the silliest things that dont amount to anything! It was like that on vacation last week. I mean to tell you that was one long 12 hour car ride home!!!
Onehttmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 04:03 AM   #17
Onehttmama
Flirting Goddess

Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute Onehttmama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker
oh, yeah .... directions ..... I decided to let my wife give me directions to a place I hadn't been before. After a few 'turn here's and turn there's, followed by turn left up there, and turn righ over there. She was SO totally lost!

Fortunately I had her write down the address.... I found the place in less than 5 minutes ( in her defense I will say she got us close)

Morale of the story: Follow directions exactly! That way, when things go wrong, you know who to blame!
I have learned over the years that if we are going someplace we havent been, and have directions, THAT I need to be driving NOT him. He cant listen to directions for nothing. On the way home on I95 he tells me to look for the exit, I tell him 2 miles, i tell him 1 mile , next exit, what is he doing looking left above the trees at a billboard sign and drives right past the exit. THEN wont admitt he did wrong, THATS my biggest pet peive. so I would rather drive and have him sit and be quite. I get us there despite his , you turned on the wrong road, you were supposed to go north, etc etc. I just drive and get us there and he still wont admitt I am right and it been almost 25 years!!!

MY 11 year old son told us on the to FL that when we arrived we would have to go to separate rooms and think about the way we acted towards each other! NOW what does that say!! The almost 16 girl tells me on the way home that we need counseling after he says I need a psychiatrist. He's loosing it and they know it! OK now that I have vented I feel better.
Onehttmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 06:41 AM   #18
Norfolkdave
I'm Being Punished

Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute

Yes my wife critisies my driving, Im wrong if I drive to close ( ie over here 30ft between cars) wrong for overtaking to fast and if I dont meet her ontime, too long on the computer, yet if I have nothing to do around the home she says " you might as well go on your computer!
Norfolkdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:19 PM   #19
Penny
Proprietor

I will be talking to my husband for ten minutes and he looks like he is listening but ten mins later he will ask me what did you say?
Old 07-26-2005, 03:32 PM   #20
illmakeurtoeswiggle
Big Green Flirtin Machine

illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute

When my wife is watching TV she is absolutely oblivious to the world around her...that drives me nuts! I can talk directly to her...raise my voice and still not get her attention. I guess it might be selective hearing but, Man! I can't stand it!
illmakeurtoeswiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 06:45 PM   #21
bgpoole
Super Flirt

bgpoole has a reputation beyond repute bgpoole has a reputation beyond repute bgpoole has a reputation beyond repute bgpoole has a reputation beyond repute bgpoole has a reputation beyond repute bgpoole has a reputation beyond repute bgpoole has a reputation beyond repute bgpoole has a reputation beyond repute bgpoole has a reputation beyond repute bgpoole has a reputation beyond repute bgpoole has a reputation beyond repute

When my wife asks me to do something, if I don't drop whatever I am doing and do it immediatly she gets all bent out of shape, and of course I get pretty PO'ed when she expects me to stop something I am in the middle of to do something she wants.
bgpoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 07:58 PM   #22
SirPoet
I Like Flirting

SirPoet is an unknown quantity at this point

I know you weren't asking for advice but here is some anyway : )

Most of us who have been married awhile, fall into patterns - especially when it comes to arguments with our spouses. If you think about it, they say one thing - you say another and it's basically the same argument time and time again.

The next time - try responding differently. Say or don't say something they are expecting! You can break the pattern but it takes one of you to do it.
SirPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:17 PM   #23
bobby6901
Super Flirt

bobby6901 is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife sometimes comes home and sits down with the paper in the kitchen whileI cook supper... she's the better cook, but likes the service... if I got serviced after I wouldn't feel so taken advantage of! She'll climb in bed and go to sleep without a word! Like.. do I exist??? oh and as soon as I start to do something, anything at alll she'll suddenly be inspired to do all these other things completely unrelated to what I'm doing, but she'll expect me to stop what I'm doing and help her.... nasty nasty woman....like she's trying to distract me so I can't succeed..... and she wonders why I just sit on the couch staring off into space...
bobby6901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 08:32 PM   #24
Penny
Proprietor

That dosen't sound like a good situation
Old 07-27-2005, 09:45 PM   #25
dallyfoster
Flirting God

dallyfoster is an unknown quantity at this point