Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Married But Looking

Married But Looking Flirting isn't enough and you are looking for something extra. Post your details here.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:58 PM   #1
northernvam
Flirting God

northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best Way to Pick Up A Woman ...

OK,

Here's a scenario that I'd like to throw out there, and I'd like to hear some ideas on what people would do ....

You are a male on a business trip, and rather than stay in your hotel room and post on married and flirting, you decide to go down and prowl the hotel bar. You see a woman sitting at the bar you find attractive ...

Men .. what would you do?

Ladies .. if you were the woman sitting at the bar, what kind of approach would get your attention .. and put you at ease?
northernvam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:39 AM   #2
dave42
Flirting God

dave42 has a reputation beyond repute dave42 has a reputation beyond repute dave42 has a reputation beyond repute dave42 has a reputation beyond repute dave42 has a reputation beyond repute dave42 has a reputation beyond repute dave42 has a reputation beyond repute dave42 has a reputation beyond repute dave42 has a reputation beyond repute dave42 has a reputation beyond repute dave42 has a reputation beyond repute

Hell, If I had the answer to that I would have thought twice about being married!
dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:41 AM   #3
Annie
Site Lunatic

Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernvam
OK,

Here's a scenario that I'd like to throw out there, and I'd like to hear some ideas on what people would do ....

You are a male on a business trip, and rather than stay in your hotel room and post on married and flirting, you decide to go down and prowl the hotel bar. You see a woman sitting at the bar you find attractive ...

Men .. what would you do?

Ladies .. if you were the woman sitting at the bar, what kind of approach would get your attention .. and put you at ease?
An open and honest one, the kind that cannot be scripted.
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:48 AM   #4
northernvam
Flirting God

northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute northernvam has a reputation beyond repute

Annie,

If I read your post correctly, then something extemporaneous and honest would work for you. What happens if the man isn't really good at being extemporaneous when he speaks? Should he just practice until he is good at that?
Old 01-14-2007, 12:49 AM   #5
cherokeered
this space for rent
I Love It Here

cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like

A friendly open smile...and then nothing...if I smile back, then maybe you could say hi...if you are too direct, forward, rude to anyone in the vicinity, or just give off a bad vibe...you will be dead in the water....

If I say hi to you and you respond without acting like you want anything further than maybe I might give you the time of day
cherokeered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:54 AM   #6
tiger50
I turned into a lurker
I Love It Here

Location: I come from a land downunder, where women glow and men plunder,can you hear,can you hear the thunder
tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like

best way..hmm let me see, depends, depends, if she's light use ur arms... otherwise perhaps a wheelbarrow..
tiger50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:56 AM   #7
northernvam
Flirting God

Tiger? How many women have you wheeled out of a bar in a wheelbarrow?
Old 01-14-2007, 12:58 AM   #8
tiger50
I turned into a lurker
I Love It Here

Location: I come from a land downunder, where women glow and men plunder,can you hear,can you hear the thunder
tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like tiger50 Is God Like

Quote:
hell shitloads mate.....
Old 01-14-2007, 01:00 AM   #9
Annie
Site Lunatic

Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like

Quote:
Annie,

If I read your post correctly, then something extemporaneous and honest would work for you. What happens if the man isn't really good at being extemporaneous when he speaks? Should he just practice until he is good at that?
Ahh but that's the thing... if it is honest then it doesn't really matter so much if he's good at it! In fact if he stumbles and stammers a bit, but is honest, she will read that as charming and perhaps a bit quirky. It's the honest part that gets her.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:01 AM   #10
Annie
Site Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger50
hell shitloads mate.....
But how many at the same time?
Old 01-14-2007, 01:03 AM   #11
northernvam
Flirting God

OK .. so what I'm hearing from you is that hokey and honest beats slick and smooth, at least from your perspective Annie.

From Tiger's perspective .. all I need is a wheelbarrow and a bottle ... LOL
Old 01-14-2007, 01:07 AM   #12
Insider
Super Flirt

Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie
Ahh but that's the thing... if it is honest then it doesn't really matter so much if he's good at it! In fact if he stumbles and stammers a bit, but is honest, she will read that as charming and perhaps a bit quirky. It's the honest part that gets her.
Maybe you Annie, because you are honest. But that's not necessarily so for the average female in a bar scene looking to be picked up. Most are looking for a hot time with the hottest guy they can find for the night. And I do say this from a lot of personal experience in days gone by (not that *I* was that hot guy mind you). Though I wish more were like you.
Insider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:08 AM   #13
tiger50
I turned into a lurker
I Love It Here

Quote:
OK .. so what I'm hearing from you is that hokey and honest beats slick and smooth, at least from your perspective Annie.

From Tiger's perspective .. all I need is a wheelbarrow and a bottle ... LOL
well yeh, but i am slick too, always aske if she fucks on 1st dates , and if her dad owns a brewery..
Old 01-14-2007, 01:24 AM   #14
Annie
Site Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insider
Maybe you Annie, because you are honest. But that's not necessarily so for the average female in a bar scene looking to be picked up. Most are looking for a hot time with the hottest guy they can find for the night. And I do say this from a lot of personal experience in days gone by (not that *I* was that hot guy mind you). Though I wish more were like you.
I gotta tell you, you couldn't be more wrong! The average woman knows damn well she is not going home with that hottie! The average woman is looking for an equal and that means the average guy. The only problem is that the two of them are too damn chicken to make the first move. We all have our insecurities and the average woman knows that. Finding a man who is a bit shy, a tiny bit insecure and honest is very refreshing... and endearing.

And don't think that just because she's in a bar means that she is LOOKING to be "picked up".
Old 01-14-2007, 01:37 AM   #15
massage mike
Flirting God

massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
how do you seer it thru th door when your bagged you better be insured
massage mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:39 AM   #16
massage mike
Flirting God

massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute massage mike has a reputation beyond repute

over your shoulders and out the door be a real man
massage mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:05 AM   #17
Insider
Super Flirt

Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute Insider has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I gotta tell you, you couldn't be more wrong! The average woman knows damn well she is not going home with that hottie! The average woman is looking for an equal and that means the average guy. The only problem is that the two of them are too damn chicken to make the first move. We all have our insecurities and the average woman knows that. Finding a man who is a bit shy, a tiny bit insecure and honest is very refreshing... and endearing.

And don't think that just because she's in a bar means that she is LOOKING to be "picked up".
Annie, one reason why I disagree is this -- aside from the fact that Lena has made a monkey outta me in my Avatar (LOL) -- a lot of women that I've known would say I'm in the "nicer-looking" category (I realize that's ultimately in the eye of the beholder, some would also equate me with that monkey ). But I've always been the open/shy type to some degree (gets a little less w/age of course). And I can tell you that MOST women do not like the open/shy type. There are some -- but they aren't usually in the bars and night clubs anyway. Only time I *ever* left a bar or club with a woman was when we both went there on a date to dance and hang out.

But I've know plenty of player types -- and while they make their share of enemies, I've seen so many women swoon over their bad-boy personalities and charm. And they're always the hot type that want the hot times. True, I wouldn't want to have so many enemies -- it's really not worth it IMO. But I have seen it more times than I can count. There's something about the authority and command that those guys radiate that seems to trigger the women's attraction senses. (Again, not putting you or all women in that category).
Old 01-14-2007, 02:19 AM   #18
Annie
Site Lunatic

Quote:
Annie, one reason why I disagree is this -- aside from the fact that Lena has made a monkey outta me in my Avatar (LOL) -- a lot of women that I've known would say I'm in the "nicer-looking" category (I realize that's ultimately in the eye of the beholder, some would also equate me with that monkey ). But I've always been the open/shy type to some degree (gets a little less w/age of course). And I can tell you that MOST women do not like the open/shy type. There are some -- but they aren't usually in the bars and night clubs anyway. Only time I *ever* left a bar or club with a woman was when we both went there on a date to dance and hang out.

But I've know plenty of player types -- and while they make their share of enemies, I've seen so many women swoon over their bad-boy personalities and charm. And they're always the hot type that want the hot times. True, I wouldn't want to have so many enemies -- it's really not worth it IMO. But I have seen it more times than I can count. There's something about the authority and command that those guys radiate that seems to trigger the women's attraction senses. (Again, not putting you or all women in that category).
Well then I say it's where you're looking. If you look around any given bar, you might see those women swooning all around that hot guy or those hot guys.... that's true. They are the "active women", they are pretty and loud and hanging onto every word he says. But those are the ones that draw attention to themselves... and you don't notice the others. The ones you haven't been noticing... THOSE are the ones you WANT to meet. The ones who are not drawing attention to themselves... those are the AVERAGE women.

You're thinking they're hot... the loud ones... those are the ones who are probably going to be too drunk and loud in the end. The ones who are sitting quietly want conversation and they want someone to appreciate, and for someone to appreciate them. And they won't pass out on ya either.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:21 AM   #19
Insider
Super Flirt

Quote:
Well then I say it's where you're looking. If you look around any given bar, you might see those women swooning all around that hot guy or those hot guys.... that's true. They are the "active women", they are pretty and loud and hanging onto every word he says. But those are the ones that draw attention to themselves... and you don't notice the others. The ones you haven't been noticing... THOSE are the ones you WANT to meet. The ones who are not drawing attention to themselves... those are the AVERAGE women.

You're thinking they're hot... the loud ones... those are the ones who are probably going to be too drunk and loud in the end. The ones who are sitting quietly want conversation and they want someone to appreciate, and for someone to appreciate them. And they won't pass out on ya either.
Well somehow I managed to miss out on them for years! LOL Maybe I really do look like this crazy avatar!
Old 01-14-2007, 02:24 AM   #20
Annie
Site Lunatic

Quote:
Well somehow I managed to miss out on them for years! LOL Maybe I really do look like this crazy avatar!
as my momma used to say... "Your picker must be broken. You always pick the wrong ones!" Sure beats a broken pecker, huh?

Oh the avatar is great! Fits in fine with the rest of the zoo!
Old 01-14-2007, 02:30 AM   #21
Insider
Super Flirt

Quote:
as my momma used to say... "Your picker must be broken. You always pick the wrong ones!" Sure beats a broken pecker, huh?

Well it's not any better now -- most women won't even look at a married man! Or a married chimp for that matter.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:34 AM   #22
Annie
Site Lunatic

Quote:
Well it's not any better now -- most women won't even look at a married man! Or a married chimp for that matter.
Yeah and most men wouldn't notice a woman flirting with him unless she hit him over the head with a brick! You probably have women flirt with you all the time and ya just don't see it... it's all about where you're looking!!
Old 01-14-2007, 02:39 AM   #23
Lena
Administrator

Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,472 Posts
Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like Lena Is God Like

Quote:

Glad you approve of it!!
Old 01-14-2007, 02:43 AM   #24
Insider
Super Flirt

Quote:
Yeah and most men wouldn't notice a woman flirting with him unless she hit him over the head with a brick! You probably have women flirt with you all the time and ya just don't see it... it's all about where you're looking!!
I actually do flirt back and forth. But that's as far as it goes. This site is unusual because it breaks down the stigma of being married amongst those in similar situations at home. But outside in the "real" world ...

Really, it's clear that they don't mind the flirting at all. Some really seem to love it. But just don't go beyond that normally.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:44 AM   #25
Insider
Super Flirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Glad you approve of it!!
I'm Lena's organ-grinder pet. LOL