Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Everyday Life For Married Couples

Everyday Life For Married Couples A forum for couples to chat about your everyday married life. This would be a good place for women and men to get to know eachother.

Old 12-31-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
twoblues
(.)(.)

Thanked 1,519 Times in 796 Posts
twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like
Default Absurd thing your partner gets upset with you about

So, I know there was a thread about 'stupid stuff your partner says' or something. I figured (and couldn't find a similar thread) that we need a thread about absurd things your partner gets upset with you for doing / saying / not-doing, etc.

I'll start:

My wife gets angry that the kids will cry my name first when hurt / injured, waking up in the night, etc. They also usually only want me and will cry harder if she shows up (this only happens when they know I'm home).

It's not my fault. I didn't brainwash them or anything. It is seriously causing issues (well, adding to the ones already there) with our marriage. They call my name and then I can see her face and I know she is upset with me.
twoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
Ivan
Lover ... of donuts

Thanked 6,207 Times in 3,793 Posts
Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like

Mostly me that gets upset about absurd things.

Like tonight I got upset because the BBQ lighter didn't work. And when I asked why, my wife admitted using it to fish something out of the aquarium. Needed a stick like object and that was handy.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:22 PM   #3
stargazer
Cntry Sass

Thanked 2,898 Times in 1,756 Posts
stargazer Is God Like stargazer Is God Like stargazer Is God Like stargazer Is God Like stargazer Is God Like stargazer Is God Like stargazer Is God Like stargazer Is God Like stargazer Is God Like stargazer Is God Like stargazer Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoblues View Post
So, I know there was a thread about 'stupid stuff your partner says' or something. I figured (and couldn't find a similar thread) that we need a thread about absurd things your partner gets upset with you for doing / saying / not-doing, etc. I'll start: My wife gets angry that the kids will cry my name first when hurt / injured, waking up in the night, etc. They also usually only want me and will cry harder if she shows up (this only happens when they know I'm home). It's not my fault. I didn't brainwash them or anything. It is seriously causing issues (well, adding to the ones already there) with our marriage. They call my name and then I can see her face and I know she is upset with me.
That has always been a sore spot in our house. He can be sitting next to them and they will not ask him. I just tell him it's cuz he is never wants to be involved and now they want no part of him.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:32 PM   #4
sexilicious
Flirting God

Thanked 2,416 Times in 1,709 Posts
sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like

Quote:
So, I know there was a thread about 'stupid stuff your partner says' or something. I figured (and couldn't find a similar thread) that we need a thread about absurd things your partner gets upset with you for doing / saying / not-doing, etc.

I'll start:

My wife gets angry that the kids will cry my name first when hurt / injured, waking up in the night, etc. They also usually only want me and will cry harder if she shows up (this only happens when they know I'm home).

It's not my fault. I didn't brainwash them or anything. It is seriously causing issues (well, adding to the ones already there) with our marriage. They call my name and then I can see her face and I know she is upset with me.
seriously she should count herself lucky her kids have a good daddy that they feel comforted by. it says a lot about you as a parent

my hubs is ocd and a perfectionist so he gets annoyed by a lot of things but one that really drives me nuts is his windows he doesnt want anyone else cleaning them. another is the floor polisher if the cords tangled he gets pissy. i could list them all but im sure he has a list for me as well what i get annoyed with...marriage bliss lol
Old 12-31-2014, 04:39 PM   #5
justin784
super flirt
I Love It Here

justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like

Quote:

I'll start:

that sounds vaguely familiar...
justin784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:43 PM   #6
twoblues
(.)(.)

twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like twoblues Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryGrl View Post
I just tell him it's cuz he is never wants to be involved and now they want no part of him.
I could tell her it's because she has no patience with them when they cry (seriously), but that would just lead to something worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexilicious View Post
is his windows he doesnt want anyone else cleaning them
Hey, if he cleans them regularly, let him
The Following User Says Thank You to twoblues For This Useful Post:
sexilicious (12-31-2014)
Old 12-31-2014, 04:47 PM   #7
sexilicious
Flirting God

Thanked 2,416 Times in 1,709 Posts
sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like

im just as bad tho i like to clean them too lol
Old 12-31-2014, 05:54 PM   #8
MrPolymath
Flirting God

MrPolymath Is God Like MrPolymath Is God Like MrPolymath Is God Like MrPolymath Is God Like MrPolymath Is God Like MrPolymath Is God Like MrPolymath Is God Like MrPolymath Is God Like MrPolymath Is God Like MrPolymath Is God Like MrPolymath Is God Like

I don't mind being alone, have many solo-interests and activities, and when my wife is gone, the household runs even better.

But then she gets upset saying that not only do I not need her, but the kids don't seem to miss or need her as well.

I keep thinking I'm crazy. I thought it was good that I'm not a zombie without her and that she'd be happy knowing the house doesn't fall apart so she could have a relaxing time when gone.

Silly me.
MrPolymath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 06:38 PM   #9
redwing
Unique like everyone else

Thanked 4,319 Times in 3,246 Posts
redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like

omg I could live in this thread

My husband has quite a few things he gets upset about, I'm far more relaxed (personality wise) than he is.
I found teasing him about his eccentricities actually helps, he's able to look at himself and realize how absurd some of his demands on his family is....took a while but he's easier to live with these days
redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 06:50 PM   #10
Bailey~*
earning Valhalla

Thanked 8,753 Times in 4,930 Posts
Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like

It used to freak out my husband and upset him when I'd wear any kind of dead person makeup for Halloween. Right when the night was over he'd make me go wash it off lol He's better about it now. I should put it on sometime this winter, and wake him in the middle of the night
Bailey~* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bailey~* For This Useful Post:
artemis (01-01-2015), justin784 (12-31-2014), sexytiger (12-31-2014), stargazer (12-31-2014), Violetsrblue (01-01-2015)
Old 12-31-2014, 06:52 PM   #11
twoblues
(.)(.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPolymath View Post
I don't mind being alone, have many solo-interests and activities, and when my wife is gone, the household runs even better.

But then she gets upset saying that not only do I not need her, but the kids don't seem to miss or need her as well.

I keep thinking I'm crazy. I thought it was good that I'm not a zombie without her and that she'd be happy knowing the house doesn't fall apart so she could have a relaxing time when gone.

Silly me.
Ha! This as well. My wife always goes "It's like you're happier without me". No, it's not that I'm happier, but it's that I'm fine without her. I am happier when she is around, but I'm not unhappy when she is gone which upsets her.
The Following User Says Thank You to twoblues For This Useful Post:
MrPolymath (12-31-2014)
Old 12-31-2014, 06:58 PM   #12
redwing

redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like redwing Is God Like

ok will quickly list a few

don't park the car under the tree, the tree sap will damage the paintwork
don't climb out of the car holding the keys in the same hand, it scratches the door
don't touch any of the walls in the house (for the kids) it makes the wall dirty
don't eat in any other room in the house than the family room or kitchen
don't watch tv during the week, tv only goes on at weekends
there are rules for the lights, disposal of excess food, the dog I could go on lol

oh and he gets upset when HIS friends come over and I talk to them too much
Old 12-31-2014, 07:01 PM   #13
sexytiger
Sexy Tiger on the Prowl

sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like

Well I understand the first 3 or 4. The others are just nit picky.
sexytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sexytiger For This Useful Post:
redwing (12-31-2014)
Old 12-31-2014, 07:04 PM   #14
redwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexytiger View Post
Well I understand the first 3 or 4. The others are just nit picky.
Agreed, it's therefore my mission in life to "help" him
Old 12-31-2014, 07:08 PM   #15
sexytiger
Sexy Tiger on the Prowl

sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwing View Post
Agreed, it's therefore my mission in life to "help" him
Yeah my wife says I am extremely Trying sometimes and need to be trained. Grrr. I am a wild Tiger not a Trained one. Oh well sometimes compromise is needed
Old 12-31-2014, 07:13 PM   #16
redwing

Quote:
Yeah my wife says I am extremely Trying sometimes and need to be trained. Grrr. I am a wild Tiger not a Trained one. Oh well sometimes compromise is needed
Oh I don't want to train him... I just want to teach him some boundaries... I'm getting there, he's learning
Old 12-31-2014, 07:16 PM   #17
sexytiger
Sexy Tiger on the Prowl

Ah boundaries. Can they be jumped over on occasion?
Old 12-31-2014, 07:21 PM   #18
redwing

Quote:
Ah boundaries. Can they be jumped over on occasion?
mine have barbed wire at the top, you can try to jump if you like
Old 12-31-2014, 07:40 PM   #19
sexytiger
Sexy Tiger on the Prowl

Quote:
mine have barbed wire at the top, you can try to jump if you like
Grrr dang always getting caught on the barbed wire when I try to sneak out.
The Following User Says Thank You to sexytiger For This Useful Post:
redwing (12-31-2014)
Old 12-31-2014, 07:51 PM   #20
BrainTeaser
...SoCal Sinner...

BrainTeaser Is God Like BrainTeaser Is God Like BrainTeaser Is God Like BrainTeaser Is God Like BrainTeaser Is God Like BrainTeaser Is God Like BrainTeaser Is God Like BrainTeaser Is God Like BrainTeaser Is God Like BrainTeaser Is God Like BrainTeaser Is God Like

I think I've worn my partner down after 20 years, there's just no changing me, or maybe I was perfect to begin with
DomesticDiva (12-31-2014), redwing (12-31-2014)
Old 12-31-2014, 08:37 PM   #21
justin784
super flirt
I Love It Here

justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like

Quote:
ok will quickly list a few

don't park the car under the tree, the tree sap will damage the paintwork
don't climb out of the car holding the keys in the same hand, it scratches the door
don't touch any of the walls in the house (for the kids) it makes the wall dirty
don't eat in any other room in the house than the family room or kitchen
don't watch tv during the week, tv only goes on at weekends
there are rules for the lights, disposal of excess food, the dog I could go on lol

oh and he gets upset when HIS friends come over and I talk to them too much
Damn, he's combined my ex and my ex gf before her...that's scary lol
Old 12-31-2014, 09:05 PM   #22
Ivan
Lover ... of donuts

Thanked 6,207 Times in 3,793 Posts
Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like

Quote:
I wouldn't really call that "absurd" as most parents want a connection to their children. And I can empathize as I didn't have any connection to our kid for years. In my wife's culture, men don't pay any parenting role and she and her mother always chased me away like two angry hens. That was hard to deal with.

Yet, I have to admit there are advantages to this arrangement. Like when the kid calls out in the night I just elbow my wife and go back to sleep.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 09:31 PM   #23
artemis
irretrievable

Thanked 11,093 Times in 8,059 Posts
artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like

When I don't fold laundry & somehow make him do it
It's not a crime is it

artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:13 PM   #24
justin784
super flirt
I Love It Here

having to give me head, she decided she didn't like it anymore (after 15 years...) so I made her wash the cootch real good every time she wanted some. If I felt like eating...
Old 01-01-2015, 03:43 AM   #25
the1inurdream
B.M.T.

the1inurdream Is God Like the1inurdream Is God Like the1inurdream Is God Like the1inurdream Is God Like the1inurdream Is God Like the1inurdream Is God Like the1inurdream Is God Like the1inurdream Is God Like the1inurdream Is God Like the1inurdream Is God Like the1inurdream Is God Like

She's so defensive of me correcting "her son". I've been with my wife since he was 9 months old. He's now 16. I see him as my kid too. He only gets treated different because he's 4 yrs. older then the next youngest, and the next one after that is another 4 yrs. younger. They're all at much different maturity levels, therefore it really is going to be different as to how they're each being raised at the same time.