Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Everyday Life For Married Couples

Everyday Life For Married Couples A forum for couples to chat about your everyday married life. This would be a good place for women and men to get to know eachother.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:47 PM   #1
Krystal
Flirting Goddess

Thanked 1,085 Times in 780 Posts
Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like
Default Why don't men listen??

I need the advice of the more mature men on the forum, since they've all been in this situation, I'm sure. Ladies, feel free to give me your insight as well. Ok, here's the scenario.....

(Those of you who live in cities with red light cameras will appreciate this.)

You go out with your hubby, have a nice dinner out, walk a little in the gorgeous weather, have a good time. Then, coming home, on the same main road you've both lived near for years, you notice how fast he's going, you know he has drum brakes on his car, and you know how many green lights you can pretty much go through before you'll hit a red. It becomes second nature after years of driving, right?

You TELL your husband TWO blocks ahead of time that he needs to start slowing down, because the next red light he will hit is the one with the red light camera....and if he doesn't slow down now, he won't be able to stop for it.

Long story short.....I will soon be getting a ticket in the mail for $155, since this moron didn't LISTEN TO HIS WIFE LIKE HE'S SUPPOSED TO!

Tell me guys.....WHY on earth do men insist on ignoring what we tell them to do??? Especially when you've been with him since you're both 16 years old and this situation has played itself out in generally the same way every time for almost two decades???

Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:53 PM   #2
sexytiger
Sexy Tiger on the Prowl

sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like

Hi Krystal. Its not that we don't listen. Its the argant asshole in us that thinks we have to be smarted then our spouse. We are thinking to ourself.. oh we can make it.. she doesn't know anything.

Oh course I would never do this...
sexytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:55 PM   #3
fishon
Thank You for everything

fishon has a reputation beyond repute fishon has a reputation beyond repute fishon has a reputation beyond repute fishon has a reputation beyond repute fishon has a reputation beyond repute fishon has a reputation beyond repute fishon has a reputation beyond repute fishon has a reputation beyond repute fishon has a reputation beyond repute fishon has a reputation beyond repute fishon has a reputation beyond repute

ummm, sorry, what was that????
fishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:56 PM   #4
RedVixen
On hiatus....

RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like

Krystal: To avoid getting any future tickets - you drive

RedVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:01 PM   #5
Krystal
Flirting Goddess

Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like

LOL Red, I think I may have to. Of course, this occurred after our conversation about who was the better driver. *sigh*
Old 04-18-2008, 11:03 PM   #6
XCYTME88
Super Flirt

XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute

Um..what did you say????
XCYTME88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:05 PM   #7
Krystal
Flirting Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexytiger View Post
Hi Krystal. Its not that we don't listen. Its the argant asshole in us that thinks we have to be smarted then our spouse. We are thinking to ourself.. oh we can make it.. she doesn't know anything.

Oh course I would never do this...
Ok, seriously....I understand the logic (kind of) behind this.....but why would you not learn your lesson after going through similar scenarios weekly for nearly 20 years of your life....and after every time, finding out that *I* am right, and he should have listened to me in the first place??

Case in point: Right after High school, we're about 20, together a few years....at the house of my girlfriend (who later became my SIL). He's having a few beers....fine, no problem. My gf baked brownies....and he decides to have 4 of them. I tell him....."you really shouldn't be having brownies and beer....doesn't sound like it would mix well." I'm not even going to get into the end result of this story, LOL. I'm sure you can figure it out.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:07 PM   #8
RedVixen
On hiatus....

RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like RedVixen Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
LOL Red, I think I may have to. Of course, this occurred after our conversation about who was the better driver. *sigh*
Doesn't your hubby know you're the better driver?

Old 04-18-2008, 11:07 PM   #9
XCYTME88
Super Flirt

XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute XCYTME88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok, seriously....I understand the logic (kind of) behind this.....but why would you not learn your lesson after going through similar scenarios weekly for nearly 20 years of your life....and after every time, finding out that *I* am right, and he should have listened to me in the first place??

Case in point: Right after High school, we're about 20, together a few years....at the house of my girlfriend (who later became my SIL). He's having a few beers....fine, no problem. My gf baked brownies....and he decides to have 4 of them. I tell him....."you really shouldn't be having brownies and beer....doesn't sound like it would mix well." I'm not even going to get into the end result of this story, LOL. I'm sure you can figure it out.
sometimes we have to learn for ourselves ..even then we don't always admit we're wrong ...but we still love you
XCYTME88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:10 PM   #10
sexytiger
Sexy Tiger on the Prowl

sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like sexytiger Is God Like

Quote:

This is a little different scenerio. This goes on the over all temptation of sweets to the common sense of the wife. What will when out. For a guy it would be the temptation of the sweets.

Speaking of brownies.. I am eating some right now and drinking rum. go figure.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:12 PM   #11
Krystal
Flirting Goddess

Quote:
This is a little different scenerio. This goes on the over all temptation of sweets to the common sense of the wife. What will when out. For a guy it would be the temptation of the sweets.

Have fun worshipping the porcelain gods later, tiger.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:14 PM   #12
RedVixen
On hiatus....

Quote:

Good luck with that later ST

Old 04-18-2008, 11:15 PM   #13
Krystal
Flirting Goddess

LOL Red....great minds think alike.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:16 PM   #14
RedVixen
On hiatus....

Quote:
LOL Red....great minds think alike.
I was just thinking the same thing

Old 04-18-2008, 11:17 PM   #15
sexytiger
Sexy Tiger on the Prowl

I have not had to do that in like. hmmm a few years. at least not due to drinking.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:27 PM   #16
Krystal
Flirting Goddess

You must have an iron clad stomach then....sheesh.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:29 PM   #17
sexytiger
Sexy Tiger on the Prowl

Quote:
You must have an iron clad stomach then....sheesh.
I just stay away from beer.... Liquors are alright. Where is that Long island Ice tea?
Old 04-18-2008, 11:31 PM   #18
Krystal
Flirting Goddess

Quote:
I just stay away from beer.... Liquors are alright. Where is that Long island Ice tea?
Here...on Long Island with me, lol.....come get it.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:33 PM   #19
sexytiger
Sexy Tiger on the Prowl

Quote:
Here...on Long Island with me, lol.....come get it.
Well thank-you ... I would love one.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:35 PM   #20
Thumpintwin
I wonder what this does

Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute

ok Krystal, first your spot on.....but we're just seriously overconfident. You love us for it though.

Second, I've been flashed three times with no ticket here in LA. Maybe you'll get lucky (see we're pragmatic too).
Old 04-18-2008, 11:36 PM   #21
CuriousOne
Flirting Princess

CuriousOne has a reputation beyond repute CuriousOne has a reputation beyond repute CuriousOne has a reputation beyond repute CuriousOne has a reputation beyond repute CuriousOne has a reputation beyond repute CuriousOne has a reputation beyond repute CuriousOne has a reputation beyond repute CuriousOne has a reputation beyond repute CuriousOne has a reputation beyond repute CuriousOne has a reputation beyond repute CuriousOne has a reputation beyond repute

What i have learned is that most men if not all suffer from Selective Hearing. In this case scenario I would have said "red light ahead. big ticket. lots of money to pay. Prove how smart are you."
Old 04-18-2008, 11:37 PM   #22
Krystal
Flirting Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpintwin View Post
ok Krystal, first your spot on.....but we're just seriously overconfident. You love us for it though.
I'd love him more if he wasn't overconfident to the tune of $155, lol.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:47 PM   #23
marriedwomanchaser
Always Looking For Better

marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute

I suffer from selective hearing, and it comes from nag,nag,nag. I used to listen until I started hearing nag, nag, nag. You know, after while, it does not matter what is said, you just figure that you are listening to nag, nag, nag.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:50 PM   #24
Krystal
Flirting Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by marriedwomanchaser View Post
I suffer from selective hearing, and it comes from nag,nag,nag. I used to listen until I started hearing nag, nag, nag. You know, after while, it does not matter what is said, you just figure that you are listening to nag, nag, nag.
If you listened the first time, we wouldn't need to nag. End of story.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:52 PM   #25
Nice
Long, long walk!

Thanked 1,114 Times in 892 Posts
Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like

That's right sista! Although...selective hearing can be used to our advantage remember. Honey...I told you yesterday just after 5pm that I was leaving for a week and yes, needed the credit card for a few necessities. Works for me!

Quote:
If you listened the first time, we wouldn't need to nag. End of story.
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote