Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Junk Drawer

Junk Drawer If you have nothing constructive to say then this is the place to say it. Happy Birthdays would fit well here.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:00 AM   #1
Norfolkdave
I'm Being Punished

Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Do you believe in ghosts etc

Does the supernatural frighten you, would you go into a haunted area, or are you sceptical
Norfolkdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:57 AM   #2
sweetgapeach
Flirting Guest

sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute

I do believe. Now would I go to a haunted place, I'm not sure.But I am curious about the supernatural.
sweetgapeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:25 AM   #3
ksfirefighter
Flirting God

ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute

The supernatural doesnt really scare me but I do believe and I respect by all means. One of the things we do as a department is mow a cemetary down the road from the station. The head stones are from the 1800's so its pretty old. Now Im not one to get all scared but I had to mow late one evening and let me tell you when it got dark it was just a weird feeling to be there.

I do believe when it comes to hauntings and all it would be cool to investigate. Would be entirely intrigued by it and couldnt stay away. Curiosity its a wonderful thing sometimes not so good though!
ksfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:53 AM   #4
Norfolkdave
I'm Being Punished

Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where we live

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfirefighter
The supernatural doesnt really scare me but I do believe and I respect by all means. One of the things we do as a department is mow a cemetary down the road from the station. The head stones are from the 1800's so its pretty old. Now Im not one to get all scared but I had to mow late one evening and let me tell you when it got dark it was just a weird feeling to be there.

I do believe when it comes to hauntings and all it would be cool to investigate. Would be entirely intrigued by it and couldnt stay away. Curiosity its a wonderful thing sometimes not so good though!
In our village at the end of the road is our local church, the lane has only 2 lamps, one outside our home and the other about 100 yards from the church on a bend with fields and woods on opposite sides, real scary and there is no light over the church, I think in a position like yours I couldnt mow the grass Id be forever looking over my shoulder, like if I have to go into church I cant walk over the gtaves I have to walk round them, so the supernatural is a weird feeling.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:56 AM   #5
ksfirefighter
Flirting God

ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute ksfirefighter has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i found myself looking around a lot more. Probably didnt cut the grass quite as good. That place sounds pretty scary.
ksfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:03 AM   #6
Norfolkdave
I'm Being Punished

Default What is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfirefighter
yeah i found myself looking around a lot more. Probably didnt cut the grass quite as good. That place sounds pretty scary.
about graveyards I wonder
Old 11-03-2005, 04:50 AM   #7
dallyfoster
Flirting God

dallyfoster is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a firm believer in ghosts and angel's and the such, especially after my grandmother had died... she died from cancer on Dec. 22nd, and the day after christmas my sister came out of her room crying around 2 am and said that my grandmother had come and visited her in her room, she seen her standing in the corner of her room just staring at her, I believe she visited my sister solely because my sister took care of my grandmother in her last couple of years
dallyfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:52 PM   #8
Penny
Proprietor

Thanked 1,616 Times in 657 Posts
Penny has disabled reputation

I think there is something out there.
Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 04:54 PM   #9
Wyvern75
Stalking Pictures

Wyvern75 has a reputation beyond repute Wyvern75 has a reputation beyond repute Wyvern75 has a reputation beyond repute Wyvern75 has a reputation beyond repute Wyvern75 has a reputation beyond repute Wyvern75 has a reputation beyond repute Wyvern75 has a reputation beyond repute Wyvern75 has a reputation beyond repute Wyvern75 has a reputation beyond repute Wyvern75 has a reputation beyond repute Wyvern75 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I have encountered ghosts on about 5 occasions (some of those occasions lasted several weeks). I do know the dog was upset by something that was near his food and water bowl for a while, but eventually he got over it, and it did seem cold there.

I also remember when we sold the newspaper we owned (had been in the family for 51 years and my grandfather had apprenticed there and was selected by the owners to buy it). When we moved the old newspapers out, dating back to 1882, something started walking around in the building, which disturbed the dog (another one) and it would pick things up and move them. But it eventually settled down.

There are some things that can't be explained, and in some cases I am glad.
Wyvern75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:00 AM   #10
quax999
Flirting God

quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute

The supernatrual is very interesting to me. I've been to haunted houses as well as other places of intrest, that people have claimed to be haunted, some are, some aren't. I've actually witnessed a few ghosts myself. I've even got a picture of one taken inside a church where a friend of mine got married, in many of the other pictures that we took that night, many of them have orbs in different places upon the pictures.
quax999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:45 AM   #11
Sandy
Flirting Goddess

Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute

yes i do believe. when my parents bought there first house a ghost came with it. my husband and i live in that house and the ghost is still here. he or she likes to play tricks on new people that come in. we warn everybody, but you know no believers. by the time they leave my house they believe. doors opening and closing nobodys around. the dryer slamming shut. nobody in the laundry room fire alarm going off. that kind of stuff. we're used to it and we just say hello and he or she settles down. lol
Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 11:33 AM   #12
Norfolkdave
I'm Being Punished

Is there such things though, I suppose Im scepticial, mywifemark saying things go off, couldnt that be because the home has got warm throughout the day and the creaks when it cools. Its like I made a video called " Norfolk Rivers and villages a never ending story about 5 years ago, and made up a fictious ghost story about a happening in the village of Happisburgh, When the film was edited and sent out I had calls saying there was a ghost on the film, I relooked at the original but couldnt see anything, except that the end of the pews looked hexagnal yet in the church they were round.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:31 PM   #13
Polo38
Flirting God

Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute Polo38 has a reputation beyond repute

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your Philosophy" Hamlet

as humans we know very little outside the realm of our reality
Polo38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:46 PM   #14
MCat
Flirting Goddess

Thanked 1,264 Times in 824 Posts
MCat has disabled reputation

I believe...We had a ghost ( a bad ghost ) in our old house, it was built in 1898. We renovated it totally. The ghost would come into the shower when I was there, it was between the two layer of glass that made up the outer walls....I had to see my pastor about it, he prayed and told me what to do to make it go away. I was so glad he did not think I was nuts. It worked, the ghost went away and we have not had any in our homes since.

I saw my husbands brother in our bedroom early Christmas morning in our room, we found out later in the day that he had died that morning from a massive heart attack. We think he came to say goodbye to us.
MCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:53 PM   #15
Wet Beaver
Goddess

Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute

i believe in ghost... my hubby say all the time he smells his mother perfume..and on the day of my niece's burial...pictures of her fell of the wall at my brothers house... it was pretty scary...
Wet Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 07:02 PM   #16
Sandy
Flirting Goddess

Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute

well i'm glad i'm not the only one with a ghost. i'm lucky though mine just likes to play
Old 11-08-2005, 09:02 PM   #17
Penny
Proprietor

Now I'm nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by wet beaver
i believe in ghost... my hubby say all the time he smells his mother perfume..and on the day of my niece's burial...pictures of her fell of the wall at my brothers house... it was pretty scary...
Old 11-08-2005, 09:03 PM   #18
Sandy
Flirting Goddess

don't be mine is very friendly.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:36 PM   #19
Wet Beaver
Goddess

Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute Wet Beaver has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny
Now I'm nervous
i don't believe any ghost can hurt ya...they may be able to some damage to non liveing thing...but i don't think they can really hurt a person...unless they are pure evil..like what is talked about in the bible...
Wet Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:33 AM   #20
MCat
Flirting Goddess

Thanked 1,264 Times in 824 Posts
MCat has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wet beaver
My gram can still notice the smell of gramps work jacket....the hay, the barn, the cattle....wish I could get a whiff now and then
MCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:48 AM   #21
quax999
Flirting God

quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute quax999 has a reputation beyond repute

Good or Bad, Ghost's are just pissed off spirits, that are stuck, between heaven and hell. Most of my encounters have been with those of good natured spirits, often or just to play little tricks for thier own amusment. But there are those out there, that are terrible, mean, bad, what ever you wish to call them. I've seen a couple of those.

When my wife and I first got married we lived in this quaint little 2 bedroom house. She'd have blood currling nightmares, just about every night. Wake up screaming and crying, saying that some one in this house was trying to kill her. She would describe them in a such a way, that whom ever it was, was more or less torturing her, then killer her, slowly. My only incounter with the ghost was a couple of days after we had moved out of the place. I went back, for 1 final clean up, the house was pertty much clean, and nothing happen until I walked into the back bedroom. We had posters up on the wall, so i was going to take them down, as I started to pull the thumb tack from the wall, the other 3 that held the poster in place commensed to pull out as well. I stopped dead in my tracks and watched as the remaining posters fell to the floor as the thumbs were pulled from the wall by an unseen hand.

It didn't take me long to figure out, that the house was clean enough by my standards, and I high tailed it out of there. I jumped in my ride, and took off, with one final look at the house, a grey featureless face appeared in the front window, moving the curtains back, smiling at me.

No one in my family, or wife's family has ever set foot in that place again.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:02 PM   #22
Norfolkdave
I'm Being Punished

O Man made my shackles go up, felt weird, normally it takes quite a bit to do that.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:16 PM   #23
Penny
Proprietor

Ok I aint sleeping tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by quax999
Good or Bad, Ghost's are just pissed off spirits, that are stuck, between heaven and hell. Most of my encounters have been with those of good natured spirits, often or just to play little tricks for thier own amusment. But there are those out there, that are terrible, mean, bad, what ever you wish to call them. I've seen a couple of those.

When my wife and I first got married we lived in this quaint little 2 bedroom house. She'd have blood currling nightmares, just about every night. Wake up screaming and crying, saying that some one in this house was trying to kill her. She would describe them in a such a way, that whom ever it was, was more or less torturing her, then killer her, slowly. My only incounter with the ghost was a couple of days after we had moved out of the place. I went back, for 1 final clean up, the house was pertty much clean, and nothing happen until I walked into the back bedroom. We had posters up on the wall, so i was going to take them down, as I started to pull the thumb tack from the wall, the other 3 that held the poster in place commensed to pull out as well. I stopped dead in my tracks and watched as the remaining posters fell to the floor as the thumbs were pulled from the wall by an unseen hand.

It didn't take me long to figure out, that the house was clean enough by my standards, and I high tailed it out of there. I jumped in my ride, and took off, with one final look at the house, a grey featureless face appeared in the front window, moving the curtains back, smiling at me.

No one in my family, or wife's family has ever set foot in that place again.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:29 AM   #24
quax999
Flirting God

I've had a few other incounters with ghosts, but that one, was by far the worst one.

There was this one time, my cousin and I was at my Grandparents house in northern California. My Grandparents weren't home at the time, so we was just sitting there watching movies. When I had to use the bathroom. So I got up, turned the corner to wall down the hallway, which is like 30 feet long, so there for there's a light switch at each end of the hallway. At the end of the hallway it the bathroom. So I flipped on the switch, and my jaw drops open. I'm kinda in shock I guess, I don't really move, I feel like my legs have cemented to the floor. There standing in the bathroom, I see, a flannel shirt, as if it's on a invisible being, also there's a comb in an invisible hand as if it's combing it's hair, but that's all. Finally I find my voice, I in a half whisper half talking normally, normally as possible, I call out to cousin. After a couple of seconds he decides to come see what I'm jabbering about. He's now standing next to me at the entrance to the hallway, and his jaw hit's the floor. "That's a, ......a, a ghost?!?" he stutter's. At end of his comment, the ghost turns to look at us, dropping the comb in the sink, and the flannel shirt hit's the floor. Then poof, it's gone.

We slept in the living room that night, with all the light's on. That house was kinda freaky any how, always strange stuff going on there. Even from the time when the house was first bought. My Grandparents would tell stories to us lil' one's to keep us close to the house, as it stood all alone out in middle of the forest.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:23 AM   #25
illmakeurtoeswiggle
Big Green Flirtin Machine

illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute illmakeurtoeswiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Never seen one or know anyone that has...I'd have to witness it first hand to believe!
illmakeurtoeswiggle is offline   Reply With Quote