Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Everyday Life For Married Couples

Everyday Life For Married Couples A forum for couples to chat about your everyday married life. This would be a good place for women and men to get to know eachother.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
CaliGal
broken

Thanked 5,193 Times in 3,734 Posts
CaliGal Is God Like CaliGal Is God Like CaliGal Is God Like CaliGal Is God Like CaliGal Is God Like CaliGal Is God Like CaliGal Is God Like CaliGal Is God Like CaliGal Is God Like CaliGal Is God Like CaliGal Is God Like
Default If you won the lottery... won BIG...

So... The HUGE powerball lotto was won by a single person yesterday.. $266 million bucks. Which, even after taxes, is a nice chunk of change. The person who won has a nice-paying job at KNBC in Los Angeles, which
I'm sure she gets paid well for.

So .... what would YOU do with all that money??? Quit your job? Stay? Travel? Buy a whole bunch of stuff because you could? Donate to charities? Let's hear your fantasies about what you would do if you were suddenly filthy rich...

I would quit my job, take my kids and get outta this town... Buy a BIG house in Southern CA so my 24yo could live with me while going to school. And I would fund his college education for him. I'd fund all my kids education. And every summer I would travel with my kids, taking them to see the sights of the world. And I'd get a boob job. And a full-time live-in housekeeper, and a cook. So I would never have to do laundry or cook again. And I would set up a trust fund for all my kids.

And I'd buy a house in NorCal... Hawaii... maybe a villa in Europe somewhere... and a nice place on a far away tropical island.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
NYYlvr
First Due

Thanked 1,863 Times in 1,481 Posts
NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like

I'd keep my house and buy the wife another, on the other side of the county. I would cover all college expenses for my kids. Donate a decent sum to my church and the local youth sports organizations.

A nice cottage on one of the lakes, two new boats and a new truck. I would probs semi-retire, I would go stir crazy if I had nothing to do.

Possibly look into buying a campground, a remote possibility but in the back of my mind.
NYYlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NYYlvr For This Useful Post:
Ginger (05-06-2010), Violet (05-06-2010)
Old 05-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
Mr_Happy
Busy
I Love It Here

Thanked 1,377 Times in 941 Posts
Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like

I would fund a charitable trust with the income going to my favorite worthy causes.
Mr_Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
Shawn
Forum Surfer

Thanked 17,572 Times in 9,201 Posts
Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like Shawn Is God Like

I would first pay off all my debts (duh) ... then ummm ... yeah there would not be any working, I was born lazy and would dedicate my life in those pursuits. I would buy a house here, costal, another in CR, and one more back home. I would spend my days surfing, sippin a few coronas, cooking, and enjoying life. I would probably get my pilots license so I could just fly where ever I wanted to go at a moments notice.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #5
Ginger
THE Hericane

Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,630 Posts
Ginger Is God Like Ginger Is God Like Ginger Is God Like Ginger Is God Like Ginger Is God Like Ginger Is God Like Ginger Is God Like Ginger Is God Like Ginger Is God Like Ginger Is God Like Ginger Is God Like

I would LIVE.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
3pmac
~~Breaking a Habit~~

Thanked 5,417 Times in 3,776 Posts
3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like 3pmac Is God Like

Very nice to dream

I would give my SIL and BIL our house here.
Buy a condo in FL, Mexico and a house in Arizona.

I would open several low/no cost spay/neuter clinics.

Might buy a car or 3. lol

Would put most in a trust fund for my daughter.

Share with family and the needy.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #7
Raina
Disturbingly Hot!

Thanked 2,847 Times in 1,751 Posts
Raina Is God Like Raina Is God Like Raina Is God Like Raina Is God Like Raina Is God Like Raina Is God Like Raina Is God Like Raina Is God Like Raina Is God Like Raina Is God Like Raina Is God Like

First things first I would take my kids to Disney World...we really need a fun break! Then I would pay off all our debt...buy a nice house for my parents and myself and live near my family again. I would get a nanny that was specially trained in the medical field just to help me out part time and a some cleaning help...I would hire someone really good to help manage my finances and then I would be thankful everyday that I had one less thing on my plate to worry about choking on.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #8
scoobertina
scoobalicious

Thanked 17,909 Times in 12,112 Posts
scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like

I have thought about this a lot.. I would give something to my ex.. for all that I have put him through..
I would give some to my kids and set them up for life.. pay my daughters Optometry schooling off..
I would pay off my house and fix it up... but I would continue to work for a bit.. I love my job.. I just don't want to do it for 20 years..
and then I would put the rest aside for frivolties.. and for when my man and I begin our new life..

ohhh.. and I would finally take that cruise I have been wanting to take
Old 05-06-2010, 01:07 PM   #9
scoobertina
scoobalicious

Thanked 17,909 Times in 12,112 Posts
scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raina View Post
First things first I would take my kids to Disney World...we really need a fun break! Then I would pay off all our debt...buy a nice house for my parents and myself and live near my family again. I would get a nanny that was specially trained in the medical field just to help me out part time and a some cleaning help...I would hire someone really good to help manage my finances and then I would be thankful everyday that I had one less thing on my plate to worry about choking on.
hmmmm do you listen to Q100? i wonder... I would love to see you go..
Old 05-06-2010, 03:47 PM   #10
DirtRacer9
Opinion Supporter

Thanked 2,439 Times in 2,210 Posts
DirtRacer9 Is God Like DirtRacer9 Is God Like DirtRacer9 Is God Like DirtRacer9 Is God Like DirtRacer9 Is God Like DirtRacer9 Is God Like DirtRacer9 Is God Like DirtRacer9 Is God Like DirtRacer9 Is God Like DirtRacer9 Is God Like DirtRacer9 Is God Like

I would buy someone a condo.....

(..and a bunch of plane tickets...)

(..and a big box of rubbers....)
DirtRacer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DirtRacer9 For This Useful Post:
Ally (05-06-2010)
Old 05-06-2010, 03:56 PM   #11
musing64.
I'm Being Punished

Thanked 1,455 Times in 1,188 Posts
musing64. Is God Like musing64. Is God Like musing64. Is God Like musing64. Is God Like musing64. Is God Like musing64. Is God Like musing64. Is God Like musing64. Is God Like musing64. Is God Like musing64. Is God Like musing64. Is God Like

Definitely quit work...

Pay off the mortgage...

Fund my daughter's dance studio...

Set my son up with everything needed to be a gaming programmer...

NEVER do yard work again...

and then wake up, realize I was dreaming, and get back to work...WOOT!
musing64. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #12
Rex
Cristalized

Thanked 3,010 Times in 2,175 Posts
Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like

Breathe a sigh of relief .
Old 05-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #13
Hot Dog
Gone Walkabout

Hot Dog Is God Like Hot Dog Is God Like Hot Dog Is God Like Hot Dog Is God Like Hot Dog Is God Like Hot Dog Is God Like Hot Dog Is God Like Hot Dog Is God Like Hot Dog Is God Like Hot Dog Is God Like Hot Dog Is God Like

Go shopping at Wal-Mart..!

Hot Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #14
redcat
Forum Leader

Thanked 13,176 Times in 8,369 Posts
redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like

I'd wind up fighting with the hubby all the time. We've dreamed about this (who hasn't, lol) and he wants to give virtually all of it away - including to people he has worked for. When he first mentioned this, I questioned him and he said he'd give them (he's talking 2 or 3) each several million. That's when the fight started......

If it were up to me ~

Pay off our debt and that of our son.
Consult a trusted financial advisor about investments, inc.
Tithe and donate to charity.
Set up a trust for our son that he couldn't touch for 10 years.
Make sure the parents don't lack for anything.
Buy BIL/SIL a house, payoff mtg on other 2 BIL's houses, give each a moderate amount.
Fix up our house...nothing extravagant.
Buy a motor coach and travel.

Most important to me is, after paying off our debt, and son's, is to seek financial advice AND wait. I'd want to wait several months, minimum, before anything else....let it all soak in and let the hubbub die down. Cuz you know you're going to find out you have relatives coming out of the woodwork...

Last edited by redcat; 05-06-2010 at 04:14 PM.
redcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #15
NeverGoSilently
I need more time 4 play..

NeverGoSilently Is God Like NeverGoSilently Is God Like NeverGoSilently Is God Like NeverGoSilently Is God Like NeverGoSilently Is God Like NeverGoSilently Is God Like NeverGoSilently Is God Like NeverGoSilently Is God Like NeverGoSilently Is God Like NeverGoSilently Is God Like NeverGoSilently Is God Like

I've thought/dreamnt about this way too much.

1. Debt, pay it all off. Hub brought $2 million personal/business debt to my world. I would pay it off first. I'm sick to death of paying bills. So, hire a bookkeeper and then pay them all off! Yeah!

2. Write letters to the bank and explain that I will use a huge portion of my new money to warn people about how evil they are, testify before Congress about what they have done/are doing. I'm sure that I wouldn't have to donate that much to election coffers to get the space.

3. Lawyers, accountants and planning, oh my!

4. Travel the world for a year. So much to see, so much to do, so great to be able to do it!

5. Come home, where ever that maybe, and start a charity/business that will both employ my family and help those that need it, mainly the lower, working middle class & small business guys that need a break and a hand. The people that are too "rich" for any official help, but too broke to do anything except work and try to keep their heads above water.

6. Enjoy it.

Somewhere in there, I'm sure I'd hit divorce #3, which would be worth every dime he would get in settlement.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #16
Getifa
Super Flirt

Getifa has a reputation beyond repute Getifa has a reputation beyond repute Getifa has a reputation beyond repute Getifa has a reputation beyond repute Getifa has a reputation beyond repute Getifa has a reputation beyond repute Getifa has a reputation beyond repute Getifa has a reputation beyond repute Getifa has a reputation beyond repute Getifa has a reputation beyond repute Getifa has a reputation beyond repute

I would probably move to the US. Buy a nice middle class home with a pool and a modest car and hire someone to teach me to play guitar and someone to teach me to sing. Then I would go on American idol and get told that dispite my talent, I'm just to ugly to make it in the music buisiness.

Hopefully this will lead to some girl offering me pity sex, which I will accept with total joy, only for her to realise I'm a great guy and falls in love with me. We will get married and it's then that I will reveal my millions in the bank. She will be so surprised and happy that she married for love, But also got to have a great lifestyle too.
Getifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:57 PM   #17
Solaire
Super Flirt

Solaire has a reputation beyond repute Solaire has a reputation beyond repute Solaire has a reputation beyond repute Solaire has a reputation beyond repute Solaire has a reputation beyond repute Solaire has a reputation beyond repute Solaire has a reputation beyond repute Solaire has a reputation beyond repute Solaire has a reputation beyond repute Solaire has a reputation beyond repute Solaire has a reputation beyond repute

I dream of this often! And I've read about some who lose it in little to no time..giving it away I guess? Not sure. But I'm thinking I'd set it up so that I made sure I had an income for the rest of my life.

But I'd have to buy a house (nothing too big..I don't need it), a couple cars and a decent boat! And I would travel the world!
Solaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:57 PM   #18
msmangrove
Southern bred and fiesty

msmangrove Is God Like msmangrove Is God Like msmangrove Is God Like msmangrove Is God Like msmangrove Is God Like msmangrove Is God Like msmangrove Is God Like msmangrove Is God Like msmangrove Is God Like msmangrove Is God Like msmangrove Is God Like

Feed the hungry, build house for the poor, NOT, I'd probably spend it on myself!!
msmangrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #19
fever
At the edge of the abyss

Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,836 Posts
fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like

That's a staggering amount...even AFTER the taxes! I would certainly assure that my family could live comfortable...pay off the house and cars, set up a trust fund for my son to ensure that his education would be paid for no matter what happens to us.

I would invest some so that I would continue to take on the work projects I most want to get involved with...and I think I'd ride out my contract at work, but I'm not sure I would renew this particular job.

The rest I would invest in an family endowment and fund projects that are important to us...feeding the hungry, housing the homeless, cancer research, and promoting peace through dialogue around the world.

And I'd set aside some to travel a bit more, for us, for me and for some friends...there's a lot to see and a number of people I'd love to see it with!

fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #20
coug511
Flirting God

coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like coug511 Is God Like

Huntin' season would be open world wide. Make the Nuge look like an amateur.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #21
Big O
Flirting God

Thanked 3,689 Times in 3,072 Posts
Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like Big O Is God Like

I would start my own dog shelter
Big O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:34 AM   #22
PA Loverboy
Internet Ho

PA Loverboy Is God Like PA Loverboy Is God Like PA Loverboy Is God Like PA Loverboy Is God Like PA Loverboy Is God Like PA Loverboy Is God Like PA Loverboy Is God Like PA Loverboy Is God Like PA Loverboy Is God Like PA Loverboy Is God Like PA Loverboy Is God Like

First, I would go into exile for a short time, until I got my head straight and reality sank in.

I'd give Mrs. $2 million...and her walking papers. She could have the house too, no skin off of my back.

I'd move out into the boonies where I spend all my free time anyway, build a nice but modest house. Retire. Find a new FWB, hopefully low maintenance.LOL...as I write this, I realize I really am a pretty simple person.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:44 AM   #23
ricky6
Very Cute and Smart and..

ricky6 has disabled reputation

1) I would set up a trust for son
2) Give money to some family members
3) Work with my town to create an all sports facility for kids
5) Donate a large sum to Boston area hospitals that cater to kids
6) Run on the repub ticker in MA

then

1) Buy some strip clubs
1a) Condo in Vegas, London
2) go through Hookers like they were sticks of gum
3) Hire a personal doctor (maybe this should be number 1)
ricky6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:47 AM   #24
BlondieS
The Mad Hatter

Thanked 4,148 Times in 2,959 Posts
BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like

Tell no one, move far away and have a great shoe closet!
BlondieS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlondieS For This Useful Post:
CaliGal (05-23-2010)
Old 05-23-2010, 07:57 AM   #25
madmax
Donator

Thanked 5,863 Times in 4,556 Posts
madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like madmax Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcat View Post

< removed>

Most important to me is, after paying off our debt, and son's, is to seek financial advice AND wait. I'd want to wait several months, minimum, before anything else....let it all soak in and let the hubbub die down. Cuz you know you're going to find out you have relatives coming out of the woodwork...

wow, bet you hadn't realised we were related Red

seriously though, even if we were related I would be happy for you and wouldn't expect anything. A few years ago my wife's cousin was in a syndicate that won several million on the lottery (I think he got about £1M) and a few months later won several £million in his own right on the lottery.

We didn't see any of it nor did we expect any, is he happy? no
If I won loads I like to think I would handle it better but we never know