Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Married But Looking

Married But Looking Flirting isn't enough and you are looking for something extra. Post your details here.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:01 PM   #1
hrdbody
Super Flirt

hrdbody has a reputation beyond repute hrdbody has a reputation beyond repute hrdbody has a reputation beyond repute hrdbody has a reputation beyond repute hrdbody has a reputation beyond repute hrdbody has a reputation beyond repute hrdbody has a reputation beyond repute hrdbody has a reputation beyond repute hrdbody has a reputation beyond repute hrdbody has a reputation beyond repute hrdbody has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do you want

What do you want...in an affair? Just sex? A friend? To fall in love?
hrdbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
fever
At the edge of the abyss

Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,836 Posts
fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like

If I were to ever have an affair, I'd want the friendship & sex. But I suspect that I'm the type to fall in love...

fever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fever For This Useful Post:
msu (09-30-2008)
Old 09-30-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
gdgrl
Follow me

Thanked 9,359 Times in 5,440 Posts
gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like

For me it is not about sex and I am not looking to have an affair. One day though I would like to find a confidant, someone I trust, want to do things for and who wants to do things for me. I want to make someone happy as well as myself. I want to stand behind them as I would expect them to stand behind me.
Maybe this is too much to ask for.
bryan3636 (09-30-2008)
Old 09-30-2008, 02:06 PM   #4
pagirl
Missing Him

pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like

i agree with Fever... I am not the casual sex type of person... I need to have some intense feelings to go down that road... so love is what it would have to be in order for anything else to happen...

pagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:14 PM   #5
fourisit
Two years...Really?!?!

Thanked 1,315 Times in 987 Posts
fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like

It would take a long time and real feelings for me to have an affair..I know my husband is not in love with me anymore..but I still respect him and would take alot to make me take that step.

fourisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:33 PM   #6
Luna
loonie to my friends!

Luna Is God Like Luna Is God Like Luna Is God Like Luna Is God Like Luna Is God Like Luna Is God Like Luna Is God Like Luna Is God Like Luna Is God Like Luna Is God Like Luna Is God Like

I want to have some fun, stretch my brain, and share a bit of my heart and soul.
bryan3636 (09-30-2008), Krystal (10-01-2008), mer (09-30-2008), msu (09-30-2008)
Old 09-30-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
ForSomeFun
Flirt In Waiting
I'm New Here

ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute

As my wife and I began counseling to attempt to reconcile our affair-fractured marriage, my wife made the following statement: "Just because I don't love you the way you want to be loved does not mean that I don't love you." Our therapist thought it was brilliant, and that I needed to accept my wife for who she is and not try to make her something that she is not. I can accept that to a point. Here's my issue: I would do (and have done) ANYTHING that my wife asks of me in order to further her level of happiness. I go out of my way to support her in all of her endeavors, and remind her that with me...all she need do is ask and it is hers. What do I want in return....? To be loved in the same manner. Is this selfish....? (As was suggested by our therapist during what turned out to be our FINAL SESSION...!)

Sorry to rant...got a little carried away.

I appreciate any and all input......thank you in advance.
ForSomeFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:22 PM   #8
pagirl
Missing Him

pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like pagirl Is God Like

I want it to be next week

pagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:43 PM   #9
sassynsweet
A little bit of both!

sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSomeFun View Post
As my wife and I began counseling to attempt to reconcile our affair-fractured marriage, my wife made the following statement: "Just because I don't love you the way you want to be loved does not mean that I don't love you." Our therapist thought it was brilliant, and that I needed to accept my wife for who she is and not try to make her something that she is not. I can accept that to a point. Here's my issue: I would do (and have done) ANYTHING that my wife asks of me in order to further her level of happiness. I go out of my way to support her in all of her endeavors, and remind her that with me...all she need do is ask and it is hers. What do I want in return....? To be loved in the same manner. Is this selfish....? (As was suggested by our therapist during what turned out to be our FINAL SESSION...!)

You may not like my input . But I think the therapist is right. You DO have to accept people for who they are without trying to change them in order to obtain any kind of peace and serenity. That said, you have the choice on whether that is enough for you or not, to stay or leave. I've been there - and it's a tough place to be!

"Be kinder than necessary, because everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
sassynsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sassynsweet For This Useful Post:
92115guy (09-30-2008), Bandit (09-30-2008), ForSomeFun (09-30-2008)
Old 09-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #10
gdgrl
Follow me

gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like

Quote:

No that is not selfish. And while she may be right, she does not love you the way u want her to, that does not mean you should not be loved the way you want to be loved. (did that make sense?) Of course as long as the concept is do-able.
Our needs change and feelings too, some of us can shift and others can't. No one can tell us what will make us happy, we need to decide.
92115guy (09-30-2008), ForSomeFun (09-30-2008)
Old 09-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #11
ForSomeFun
Flirt In Waiting
I'm New Here

ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute ForSomeFun has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, SassynSweet and Gdgrlgnbd for your comments. I can draw a lot from both of your responses. I feel guilty for wanting more, and I don't want to set a bad example for my children. But...if any of my children were in a relationship like the one between their mother and me...I would tell advise them to leave.....
ForSomeFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #12
gdgrl
Follow me

Quote:
Thank you, SassynSweet and Gdgrlgnbd for your comments. I can draw a lot from both of your responses. I feel guilty for wanting more, and I don't want to set a bad example for my children. But...if any of my children were in a relationship like the one between their mother and me...I would tell advise them to leave.....

I agree. I sure don't want my children to be unhappy, but they must understand marriage is work and not a revolving door. I have been married 21yrs, so if it fails, I won't feel I did not at least try. It is not always rosy and we are not happy 24/7, but when u r unhappy more then happy then I think there is a problem.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #13
sassynsweet
A little bit of both!

sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like sassynsweet Is God Like

Quote:
I hear comments like this a lot - staying for the kids. Please remember that right now, you and your wife, the two people in this world they trust completely and unquestionably, are teaching them what a relationship/marriage looks like! I am a child of an alcoholic father - my mother stayed for the sake of the kids. I can't even begin to tell you how that screwed every one of us up!! I remember begging her at age 12 to leave, but she wouldn't. To this day I still have trouble being happy... Please understand I am NOT saying you should leave - you DO have the choice of accepting what is offered and being happy!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sassynsweet For This Useful Post:
92115guy (09-30-2008), PunkyBob (09-30-2008)
Old 09-30-2008, 04:32 PM   #14
92115guy
I chose "Dare"

92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like

Hey there ForSomeFun. So, I would agree to a point with your therapist. She might love you in her way. But the problem with that and where he/she (the therapist) is wrong is that it doesn't satisfy your needs. I mean if she doesn't love you the way you want to be loved then, in some respect, she may as well not love you because the end result from your perspective is the same.

And you don't have to accept the other person for who they are if you don't like it. That's like saying you have to accept that someone is abusive toward you. You don't. If you want proof PM me and we can talk about my relationship with my parents. The bottom line is that relationships are voluntary and not mandatory. If a relationship does not suit your needs try to fix it. But if that doesn't work there is no shame in ending it.

james
92115guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 92115guy For This Useful Post:
Krystal (10-01-2008), NotTooGirly (09-30-2008)
Old 09-30-2008, 06:14 PM   #15
sassynsweet
A little bit of both!

92115 .. i wasn't saying he had to accept the lack of love, only accept the person as they are and that they are not going to change. The same would hold true in your example .. you accept a person as being an abusive person and make decisions based on that acceptance. That is NOT the same as accepting the abuse. Good decisions cannot be made when a person spends their energy trying to change another. I for one would not want to be with someone that did not accept me as I am and was always trying to change me to be someone else. That's what I was trying to get to... accept as they are, then make your decision. You're just spinning your wheels trying to change another person, and getting more frustrated and unhappy because of it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sassynsweet For This Useful Post:
92115guy (10-01-2008), Krystal (10-01-2008)
Old 09-30-2008, 06:43 PM   #16
MRsarcastic
Flirting God

MRsarcastic has a reputation beyond repute MRsarcastic has a reputation beyond repute MRsarcastic has a reputation beyond repute MRsarcastic has a reputation beyond repute MRsarcastic has a reputation beyond repute MRsarcastic has a reputation beyond repute MRsarcastic has a reputation beyond repute MRsarcastic has a reputation beyond repute MRsarcastic has a reputation beyond repute MRsarcastic has a reputation beyond repute MRsarcastic has a reputation beyond repute

sassy
MRsarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MRsarcastic For This Useful Post:
sassynsweet (09-30-2008)
Old 09-30-2008, 07:38 PM   #17
rj1002
Flirting God

rj1002 Is God Like rj1002 Is God Like rj1002 Is God Like rj1002 Is God Like rj1002 Is God Like rj1002 Is God Like rj1002 Is God Like rj1002 Is God Like rj1002 Is God Like rj1002 Is God Like rj1002 Is God Like

Quote:

My wife and I have never done counseling, but I imagine that the conversation might be similar to yours. I know that she does love me - in her way. I also know that I do not feel loved the way I need to be and that has impacted the way I feel about her.

Nonetheless, crazy as it may be, I have made the decision to stay and to stop fighting that which I cannot change. I cannot change her; I can only change the extent to which I allow our situation to make myself crazy. She can't give to me what she doesn't have the ability to give. So I can hope to find what I need elsewhere and, hopefully, do so without hurting her in the process.

Maybe I can do that here. Maybe I can find someone who can be a friend, a confident, and perhaps even a lover. Whether there is actual face-to-face (or body-to-body) sex involved is almost irrelevant. It would be a plus, but it's the emotional connection I need that I'm not getting.

Don't know if that makes any sense, but it's the best I can do.
rj1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:01 PM   #18
Heart
Gone for Awhile......

Heart Is God Like Heart Is God Like Heart Is God Like Heart Is God Like Heart Is God Like Heart Is God Like Heart Is God Like Heart Is God Like Heart Is God Like Heart Is God Like Heart Is God Like

I"ve never had an affair so I don't know....I guess I've always thought an affair would be with someone that was considered a friend....someone I felt comfortable with and of course I'd have to like them....that is a given.... But love? Never thought of going into an affair with the idea of love in mind.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:03 PM   #19
ladyyhawk
Super Flirt

ladyyhawk has a reputation beyond repute ladyyhawk has a reputation beyond repute ladyyhawk has a reputation beyond repute ladyyhawk has a reputation beyond repute ladyyhawk has a reputation beyond repute ladyyhawk has a reputation beyond repute ladyyhawk has a reputation beyond repute ladyyhawk has a reputation beyond repute ladyyhawk has a reputation beyond repute ladyyhawk has a reputation beyond repute ladyyhawk has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to have fun - no strings - no obligations
ladyyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:48 PM   #20
bryan3636
A legend in my own mind

Thanked 5,229 Times in 3,746 Posts
bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like bryan3636 Is God Like

I want it all...is that too much to ask???
bryan3636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:49 PM   #21
BlondieS
The Mad Hatter

Thanked 4,148 Times in 2,959 Posts
BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like BlondieS Is God Like

To stop this crash and burn
BlondieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:50 PM   #22
sassynsweet
A little bit of both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan3636 View Post
I want it all...is that too much to ask???
nope! you can ask for anything!

but if you expect it .. yep, it's too much.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:51 PM   #23
scoobertina
scoobalicious

Thanked 17,933 Times in 12,126 Posts
scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellabelle View Post
To stop this crash and burn
talk to me sister... what is going on?
Old 09-30-2008, 09:52 PM   #24
pointofnoreturn
Flirting God

Thanked 1,511 Times in 1,280 Posts
pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like pointofnoreturn Is God Like

I want to pleased to the max......Can some one help me????
pointofnoreturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:53 PM   #25
scoobertina
scoobalicious

Thanked 17,933 Times in 12,126 Posts
scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like

in an affair? I just want an affair dammit.... not looking for anything long term... they don't work for me...