Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Current Events And Real Life

Current Events And Real Life Kids, Holidays, Entertainment. Things that married people worry about with our clothes on.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:41 PM   #26
sexilicious
Flirting God

Thanked 2,416 Times in 1,709 Posts
sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like sexilicious Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoblues View Post
I visit Palm Springs fairly often (family) and it is always funny seeing some hot young chick getting off her bicycle, then seeing her turn around and show you her 80 year old face...so many confusing feelings going on while I'm down there

Sometimes I wonder, with plastic surgery, where are these peoples' friends to tell them they look horrid.
I think this day in age people are more aware of the damages of the sun. A neighbor lady of mine growing up would sit outside all day to maintain her tan and now she has horribly wrinkled skin, not to mention possibly at risk for skin cancer.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:17 PM   #27
Dahlia
Je ne sais quoi

Thanked 3,114 Times in 2,497 Posts
Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like Dahlia Is God Like

I'm not against anyone doing anything to maintain youthful beauty, but personally, I'm not a fan of the mannequin look and think some overdo it. At this point I plan to grow old gracefully, and no doubt, I'll be rockin the blue hair...
Dahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dahlia For This Useful Post:
Violetsrblue (05-05-2014)
Old 05-04-2014, 04:06 AM   #28
deldiablo203
Eso si que es

deldiablo203 has a reputation beyond repute deldiablo203 has a reputation beyond repute deldiablo203 has a reputation beyond repute deldiablo203 has a reputation beyond repute deldiablo203 has a reputation beyond repute deldiablo203 has a reputation beyond repute deldiablo203 has a reputation beyond repute deldiablo203 has a reputation beyond repute deldiablo203 has a reputation beyond repute deldiablo203 has a reputation beyond repute deldiablo203 has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard to grow old gracefully when your facial hair is almost all gray or white (part of why it's shaved), your knee has been described by your doctor as "pre-arthritic", and you have difficulty coming up with words because the situation you're in is either consistently too stupid or too advanced for you.
deldiablo203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:27 AM   #29
Iceburn
Thread Terrorist

Thanked 25,696 Times in 20,336 Posts
Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like

Im an ugly asshole..so its way too late for me already!
sexilicious (05-05-2014)
Old 05-04-2014, 06:07 AM   #30
SunnyD
Elusive Flirting Goddess

Thanked 14,120 Times in 8,689 Posts
SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijiller View Post
Is it true that 40 is the new black? Tick tock for me. I hope so.

I am up for anything that doesn't hurt too much. This includes needles in my face, face! eek, tattooed eyebrows (more needles!), and lunges and crunches more than twice a week.

I'll simply have what Carrie Underwood is having and be done with it.

Actually Jill its funny you say that, because "40" is that magic number most of us was taught that made strangers mistake you automatically for a miss to a mam. Where overnight you no longer have your youthful appearance and age quickly creeps up on you, lol.
40 actually in most cases is the reverse, because a whole new population of men turn their heads and smile (20s - 60s). Physically I didn't see any signs until after 45 with fine lines. While the grey roots are probably the most telling sign to me and the most pesky to deal with if you just want to keep your natural haircolor. I will say I think 60 is probably the 40 of old.
We naturally lose c ollegen in our face/lips so staying hydrated helps, but there are so many inexpensive creams on the market that work even Avon is rated highly. Key is don't wait until you see signs to start dealing with them.... consider skin care as early as possible and you have shot at aging gracefully on your own.

Last edited by SunnyD; 05-04-2014 at 06:09 AM.
SunnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SunnyD For This Useful Post:
mschevious1 (05-05-2014), Violetsrblue (05-05-2014)
Old 05-04-2014, 06:09 AM   #31
SunnyD
Elusive Flirting Goddess

SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceburn View Post
Im an ugly asshole..so its way too late for me already!
So is it the ugly or the asshole part that helps you escape the aging badly part?
Iceburn (05-05-2014)
Old 05-04-2014, 06:12 AM   #32
Doctor Dreamy 50
Flirting God

Doctor Dreamy 50 Is God Like Doctor Dreamy 50 Is God Like Doctor Dreamy 50 Is God Like Doctor Dreamy 50 Is God Like Doctor Dreamy 50 Is God Like Doctor Dreamy 50 Is God Like Doctor Dreamy 50 Is God Like Doctor Dreamy 50 Is God Like Doctor Dreamy 50 Is God Like Doctor Dreamy 50 Is God Like Doctor Dreamy 50 Is God Like

I am happy to be healthy and alive no matter how old
Doctor Dreamy 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:12 AM   #33
SophieC
Cake please

Thanked 4,579 Times in 2,541 Posts
SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like

I won't ever do anything other than what I've always done - eat right, exercise, stay out of the sun, hope I age like my mum rather than my dad...

But in utter seriousness, I don't fear aging - Lady Gravity will come for me one of these days and I shall greet her with disdain but we'll learn to live together, and maybe even share a glass of wine one day. It's the hidden side of aging I fear - those insidious little horrors that come and get you from the inside out. I fear forgetting... I fear losing my most precious possession - my memory and my thoughts and ultimately myself.

So let gravity do her worst, I'll rail against her and keep going to that gym but she'll always outlast me on the treadmill or the cross trainer. So as long I and those close to me remain us - as long as we are gifted who we have always been for as many years possible - then I'll take that as all the grace I am ever likely to need.
SophieC is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SophieC For This Useful Post:
dixiechik (05-04-2014), katydid (05-08-2014), mschevious1 (05-05-2014), SunnyD (05-04-2014), trlnlty (05-04-2014), Violetsrblue (05-05-2014)
Old 05-04-2014, 08:43 AM   #34
dixiechik
Can you see me now?

Thanked 9,192 Times in 5,907 Posts
dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like

Thanks ladies for your opinions in this thread. To clarify it was never meant to be shallow or judgmental about people's appearance. I hope no one was offended.
dixiechik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #35
SophieC
Cake please

Thanked 4,579 Times in 2,541 Posts
SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiechik View Post
Thanks ladies for your opinions in this thread. To clarify it was never meant to be shallow or judgmental about people's appearance. I hope no one was offended.
None of this thread seemed shallow or judgmental. Hope my over thinky post didn't make you think that. Or more importantly kill your thread!
SophieC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:00 AM   #36
SunnyD
Elusive Flirting Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieC View Post
None of this thread seemed shallow or judgmental. Hope my over thinky post didn't make you think that. Or more importantly kill your thread!
I actually thought it was a great thread and post. I think we all get to an age where we think about how we are aging and input from others is always great in my opinion.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:40 AM   #37
ZoydW
Душу к одной зажечь

Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,581 Posts
ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like

Whenever I find myself impatient behind an octogenarian fumbling for coins in the check-out line or being confused in front of me on the road, I remind myself that we're all heading that direction. Maybe some of us will keep looks together longer, maybe some will keep cognition together longer, but we're all heading for the effects of aging. I suppose the most important thing is to not decide to sit down and wait for it all to be over. No matter how chronologically old I may be, I'm always going on 25.
ZoydW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZoydW For This Useful Post:
stargazer (05-05-2014)
Old 05-05-2014, 03:28 AM   #38
Iceburn
Thread Terrorist

Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like Iceburn Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
So is it the ugly or the asshole part that helps you escape the aging badly part?
Lets just say...graceful..would have nothing to do with it..should my asshole elastic suddenly snap?
ringaroses (05-05-2014), SunnyD (05-05-2014)
Old 05-05-2014, 04:56 AM   #39
ByronBay
Perpetually Sporadic

Thanked 2,219 Times in 1,044 Posts
ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like

I have the body of an 18 year old. I keep it in the fridge! (Spike Milligan)

Seriously - try and live a positive healthy lifestyle both physically and mentally. Wouldn't consider any kind of surgery unless it was 100% essential - seen too many cases of it gone wrong.
ByronBay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ByronBay For This Useful Post:
Iceburn (05-05-2014), mschevious1 (05-05-2014), Skwerty (05-05-2014)
Old 05-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #40
Lilyofthevalley
Flirting God

Lilyofthevalley Is God Like Lilyofthevalley Is God Like Lilyofthevalley Is God Like Lilyofthevalley Is God Like Lilyofthevalley Is God Like Lilyofthevalley Is God Like Lilyofthevalley Is God Like Lilyofthevalley Is God Like Lilyofthevalley Is God Like Lilyofthevalley Is God Like Lilyofthevalley Is God Like

To me aging Gracefully is being able to accept change. Not every thing that worked at 40 is going to work or look good at 50. We need to find the look that works for us now not then.
You need to stay active. This doesn't necessarily mean exercising. (of course you should exercise) Also keeping your mind active. Learning new things and meeting new people. Making new friendships.
We really should have thought about aging gracefully when we were 20. By eating right, exercising, using a good skin care product and using sunscreen.
You can always tell the age of someone by looking at their neck. They look like their 40 but the neck says I'm 60.
I could have done better when I was younger, but I didn't. I'm not going to go get a face lift or anything like that, but I will dye my hair, change the style, different make-up ect.
Lilyofthevalley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lilyofthevalley For This Useful Post:
ilovetospike (05-05-2014), mschevious1 (05-05-2014)
Old 05-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #41
MuchachitaSpice
**Unapproachable**

Thanked 4,061 Times in 2,516 Posts
MuchachitaSpice has disabled reputation

I think I am gonna stay in the gym for life... lots of water and eating healthy will help with staying looking young - I will never go under the knife for modification - NO WAY IN HELL
MuchachitaSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:00 PM   #42
Iceburn
Thread Terrorist

I dont do anything gracefully..why should getting old be an exception?
Old 05-05-2014, 03:00 PM   #43
ringaroses
Being Me

Thanked 7,614 Times in 5,689 Posts
ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like

With a face like this i am aging Ferkin great
Iceburn (05-05-2014)
Old 05-05-2014, 03:02 PM   #44
Iceburn
Thread Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringaroses View Post
With a face like this i am aging Ferkin great
Indeed you are babe!
ringaroses (05-05-2014)
Old 05-05-2014, 03:04 PM   #45
ringaroses
Being Me

Thanked 7,614 Times in 5,689 Posts
ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like ringaroses Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceburn View Post
Indeed you are babe!
So are you hot stuff
Iceburn (05-05-2014)
Old 05-08-2014, 08:44 AM   #46
Superblyvivacious
I don't do requests!

Superblyvivacious Is God Like Superblyvivacious Is God Like Superblyvivacious Is God Like Superblyvivacious Is God Like Superblyvivacious Is God Like Superblyvivacious Is God Like Superblyvivacious Is God Like Superblyvivacious Is God Like Superblyvivacious Is God Like Superblyvivacious Is God Like Superblyvivacious Is God Like

Awww bugger it, if I had the money I'd get the lot done!
sexilicious (05-16-2014)
Old 05-08-2014, 09:35 AM   #47
katydid
Lithium Rocks

Thanked 15,183 Times in 11,744 Posts
katydid Is God Like katydid Is God Like katydid Is God Like katydid Is God Like katydid Is God Like katydid Is God Like katydid Is God Like katydid Is God Like katydid Is God Like katydid Is God Like katydid Is God Like

Every once in a while, I get a bee in my bonnet (see I am getting old already) thinking "I should moisturize my face, my eyes, color my hair, moisturize my skin, walk an hour a day..." and then I think "but then I won't have time to lay around with my daughter talking to the cat while he lays in funny positions making funny meowing sounds as we talk about her future and drink Diet Coke and eat Cheez-its."

Except for the (what I consider) probably (while mostly unseen) skin damage done from my youth in constant California sun exposure, I left myself alone. And, while that means moisturizers too, it also means rare treatment to my hair. Bare makeup to my skin.

I'm of the class of believers in aging women/men who think that nature intends for things to change for a reason. At age 40, or thereabouts, our bodies begin to deteriorate. That doesn't say that because physiologically we may begin to not be as helpful as our ancestors were, we aren't more helpful in many ways that aren't seen by the naked eye. We are, it is shown, better at vocabulary skills, quicker in many ways in our thinking skills, better at problem solving. We become the masters.

Fuck botox. I want to be the matriarch of the group. Grey hair, wrinkles from Santa Cruz and all.
katydid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
Bailey~* (05-16-2014)
Old 05-16-2014, 01:16 AM   #48
Bailey~*
earning Valhalla

Thanked 8,974 Times in 5,066 Posts
Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronBay View Post
I have the body of an 18 year old. I keep it in the fridge! (Spike Milligan)

Seriously - try and live a positive healthy lifestyle both physically and mentally. Wouldn't consider any kind of surgery unless it was 100% essential - seen too many cases of it gone wrong.
I agree with the mental stuff.. I didn't see many people mention it besides By, although I might have missed some? Stress has to age us? So it's got to be a mind/body/spirit overall idea. Genetics does help.. Don't smoke! Lots of others also mentioned too much sun. I have zip wrinkles.. not even smile lines.. and I swear it's sunscreen, and not smoking. Live sensibly. Stay active. And.. the younger you get in shape, the easier it is. Find activities you love, being active shouldn't feel like punishment.. then you won't give up... there's nothing wrong with simple stuff like walking. And, keep a young mind.
Bailey~* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bailey~* For This Useful Post:
sexilicious (05-16-2014)
Old 05-16-2014, 01:18 AM   #49
Apparition
deus ex machina

Thanked 8,718 Times in 6,691 Posts
Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like Apparition Is God Like

The way I aint sleepin these days..Im gonna look like betty white in couple of days
gabrielle22 (05-16-2014), sexilicious (05-16-2014), tnfem (05-16-2014)
Old 05-16-2014, 01:32 AM   #50
justin784
super flirt
I Love It Here

justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like justin784 Is God Like

Like Bailey said, keep a young mind, and manage stress. Think positive, even if its nasty! lol
justin784 is offline   Reply With Quote