Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Current Events And Real Life

Current Events And Real Life Kids, Holidays, Entertainment. Things that married people worry about with our clothes on.

Old 12-16-2006, 10:36 AM   #1
MIGHTY
It's all real...

MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like
Question Pet Peeves

Just wondering what some of yours were....

One of mine is when people don't use turn signals when they are driving. How am I supposed to know you're getting ready to cut me off if you don't use your signal and warn me?!!

1. Never take your comfort for granted. It can change in a moment's notice.

2. Always be yourself and never apologize for who you are or who you have become internally. One person's trash is always another's treasure.

3. Believe in your heart. Believe in love, in life, in new beginnings.

4. Never have regrets. Learn from your mistakes and misfortunes. Know that life is one big test. You can pass it if you learn from the pop quizzes along the way.
MIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:42 AM   #2
Annie
Site Lunatic

Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like

People at work who don't complete their work by the end of their shift, leaving it for the next shift to get done. It sure makes for a killer morning when I walk in the door to open the salon and they didn't mop the floor or wash towels the night before!
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:53 AM   #3
cherokeered
this space for rent
I Love It Here

cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like

People who believe the yield and stop signs are for other people but never them....

Cherokee...and that merge means not in front of me....lol
cherokeered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:17 AM   #4
Sandy
Flirting Goddess

Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute

I believe old people should be made to take the driving test, not just be able to renew their liciense.
Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:24 PM   #5
MightymeatyMatey
Flirting Guest

MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy
I believe old people should be made to take the driving test, not just be able to renew their liciense.
May I answer this! Some drivers in our area are taxi drivers and still drive very well, my father is in his 80s, yet he drives better than some youngsters of today, so I dont think that everyone should be tarnished( as we say) with the same brush. Sadly there is good and bad in everyone. We have all got to get old one day.
MightymeatyMatey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:27 PM   #6
Barkiss
Primadogga

Thanked 3,065 Times in 1,711 Posts
Barkiss has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightymeatyMatey
May I answer this! Some drivers in our area are taxi drivers and still drive very well, my father is in his 80s, yet he drives better than some youngsters of today, so I dont think that everyone should be tarnished( as we say) with the same brush. Sadly there is good and bad in everyone. We have all got to get old one day.
If you were a good driver, then why would it matter if you needed to take another test. She did not say take away the priviledge, she stated to ensure they are still safe. It is of my humble opinion, that all people should be required to take a written and driving test every x number of years....
Barkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:35 PM   #7
MightymeatyMatey
Flirting Guest

MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts MightymeatyMatey is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkiss
If you were a good driver, then why would it matter if you needed to take another test. She did not say take away the priviledge, she stated to ensure they are still safe. It is of my humble opinion, that all people should be required to take a written and driving test every x number of years....
Sir if I may answer you on this one again, I respect the persons original pet peeve, I do not drive sir and I can only reflect the drivers who I use to go about my needs. My father took his test long ago and hasnt got a black mark against him. All Im saying is its up to the individual, live and let live is my motto.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:37 PM   #8
sweetgapeach
Flirting Guest

sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy

I believe that too !! Sometimes it is just as much a hazard with them on the roads as it is someone drinking . And for the safety for them and all people I agree
sweetgapeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:40 PM   #9
Barkiss
Primadogga

Thanked 3,065 Times in 1,711 Posts
Barkiss has disabled reputation

Quote:
Sir if I may answer you on this one again, I respect the persons original pet peeve, I do not drive sir and I can only reflect the drivers who I use to go about my needs. My father took his test long ago and hasnt got a black mark against him. All Im saying is its up to the individual, live and let live is my motto.
I couldn't agree more with your motto. And it is very hard for people to live like that unfortunately...

However, when you are discussing the safety of others, then it is more of a wide range issue than an individuals wants and needs. I have no doubt your father is an excellent driver...and I do not know where you reside....however where I am from, you obtain your driver's license at 16, then you are never asked to take another driving test.

I guess we can agree to disagree.
Barkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:56 PM   #10
cherokeered
this space for rent
I Love It Here

cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like

I believe that for safety reasons...everyone should have to be retested before your license is renewed....not a written test....a driving one only...here is why

People take the test...get the license...then begin driving...and soon the rules of the road are for you and not them...they become agressive, ignore signs, run lights, tailgate, pass on the right, drive fast, drive slow, cut u off...just a few things.

Now regarding our older citizens...while they may drive excellant, maybe slow but still okay, the problem is that as we age, our reflexes slow, our eyesight fails...and sometimes our judgement or memory as well....so I believe a test for them after a certain age should be mandatory...to see if they are still safe to be on the road...

Cherokee...
cherokeered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:16 PM   #11
sweetgapeach
Flirting Guest

sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeered
I believe that for safety reasons...everyone should have to be retested before your license is renewed....not a written test....a driving one only...here is why

People take the test...get the license...then begin driving...and soon the rules of the road are for you and not them...they become agressive, ignore signs, run lights, tailgate, pass on the right, drive fast, drive slow, cut u off...just a few things.

Now regarding our older citizens...while they may drive excellant, maybe slow but still okay, the problem is that as we age, our reflexes slow, our eyesight fails...and sometimes our judgement or memory as well....so I believe a test for them after a certain age should be mandatory...to see if they are still safe to be on the road...

Cherokee...

Exactly !!
sweetgapeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:40 PM   #12
Sandy
Flirting Goddess

Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute Sandy has a reputation beyond repute

oh mighty i didn't say it right, my dad is in his late 60's and a great driver, but their are those out there that aren't and get behind the wheel. thats what scares me.
Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:46 PM   #13
Rmb
Flirting God

Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute

Driving along a highway... empty for miles in both directions... and a guy in an old 1/2 ton truck decides to come onto the highway 30 yds right in front of me at 20mph.
Rmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:48 PM   #14
MIGHTY
It's all real...

MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like MIGHTY Is God Like
Having to be the bigger person all of the time. Sometimes I wish I could be the little, fiesty person I am and let loose on someone.

2. Always be yourself and never apologize for who you are or who you have become internally. One person's trash is always another's treasure.

4. Never have regrets. Learn from your mistakes and misfortunes. Know that life is one big test. You can pass it if you learn from the pop quizzes along the way.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:02 PM   #15
Rmb
Flirting God

Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute Rmb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGHTYMRS75
Having to be the bigger person all of the time. Sometimes I wish I could be the little, fiesty person I am and let loose on someone.
Dont pick on me !!!
Old 12-16-2006, 03:07 PM   #16
MIGHTY
It's all real...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumba
Dont pick on me !!!
Never!!

Old 12-16-2006, 03:09 PM   #17
Rmb
Flirting God

Quote:
Never!!
Well occasionally
Old 12-16-2006, 03:11 PM   #18
MIGHTY
It's all real...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumba
Well occasionally
Ok, if you insist...lol.

Old 12-16-2006, 03:12 PM   #19
Rmb
Flirting God

Quote:
Ok, if you insist...lol.
Hehehehehehe
Old 12-17-2006, 05:45 AM   #20
MightymeatyMatey
Flirting Guest

For Mr Barkiss.

Sir, Last night I asked several drivers about how they get their licences in the UK, here sir it is different that where you live. Firstly you have to take driving lessons with a compatant driver and you cannot by law drive a vehicle without Insurance or a provisional licence. Before you take a test, one, I was told has to now undergo a Practical test is a simulator checking for reflexes, then you have to take a theroy test, knowlegde of the engine and general needs of the car, if you pass these you can apply for a driving test with a qualified examiner, if you pass you qualify for your full driving licence, if you fail you have to do this all over again, so if your aged between 17 and 70 this applies, however I agree with you for those who had licences before the new tests came into force. I would say that it would have to be administed carefully for not everyone drives silly. Like I said sir, live and let live, one mustn,t tarnish all by the same brush, not being a driver I cannot comment anymore but last night I made an interesting survey in our pub and it was heated, but knowledgeable.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:10 AM   #21
OICurready4me
Mighty's sex toy

OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like

Quote:
Just wondering what some of yours were....

One of mine is when people don't use turn signals when they are driving. How am I supposed to know you're getting ready to cut me off if you don't use your signal and warn me?!!

That drives me crazy also, mighty. It's not the old days when cars didn't have turn signals. It's just pure laziness.

It drives me nuts when I see people just ignore signs that are there for our safety. I constantly see people entering areas that say DO NOT ENTER in large letters, big signs just so they can beat someone to a parking space. Absurd.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:14 AM   #22
.Cotties
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 5,684 Times in 4,376 Posts
.Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like

Please don't call me sir...far too informal when we are just sharing thoughts.

I think women should be given a different test to men and I don't care how old they are
Quote:
For Mr Barkiss.

Sir, Last night I asked several drivers about how they get their licences in the UK, here sir it is different that where you live. Firstly you have to take driving lessons with a compatant driver and you cannot by law drive a vehicle without Insurance or a provisional licence. Before you take a test, one, I was told has to now undergo a Practical test is a simulator checking for reflexes, then you have to take a theroy test, knowlegde of the engine and general needs of the car, if you pass these you can apply for a driving test with a qualified examiner, if you pass you qualify for your full driving licence, if you fail you have to do this all over again, so if your aged between 17 and 70 this applies, however I agree with you for those who had licences before the new tests came into force. I would say that it would have to be administed carefully for not everyone drives silly. Like I said sir, live and let live, one mustn,t tarnish all by the same brush, not being a driver I cannot comment anymore but last night I made an interesting survey in our pub and it was heated, but knowledgeable.
.Cotties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:39 AM   #23
Kissie
Flirting Goddess

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,622 Posts
Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like

My pet peve is really trival this morning....why is it that you have to get a headache when you drank the night before?????
I took some advil before I went to bed last night to try and prevent it...grrrrr I dont drink often....
Why me????????? LOL
Kissie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:42 AM   #24
.Cotties
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 5,684 Times in 4,376 Posts
.Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like

the only way to stop it is to become an alcoholic...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissie
My pet peve is really trival this morning....why is it that you have to get a headache when you drank the night before?????
I took some advil before I went to bed last night to try and prevent it...grrrrr I dont drink often....
Why me????????? LOL
.Cotties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:43 AM   #25
Kissie
Flirting Goddess

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,622 Posts
Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotties
the only way to stop it is to become an alcoholic...

Well then care to join me??????
Kissie is offline   Reply With Quote