Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Everyday Life For Married Couples

Everyday Life For Married Couples A forum for couples to chat about your everyday married life. This would be a good place for women and men to get to know eachother.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:12 PM   #26
tink062570
Sheena Queen of tartness

Location: in that spot right between the heart and soul ... NEVERLAND
Thanked 7,316 Times in 5,583 Posts
tink062570 Is God Like tink062570 Is God Like tink062570 Is God Like tink062570 Is God Like tink062570 Is God Like tink062570 Is God Like tink062570 Is God Like tink062570 Is God Like tink062570 Is God Like tink062570 Is God Like tink062570 Is God Like

Hmm ... I was never taught there was a Santa Claus, we were taught to believe in the magic of the season. My friends always believed and when i asked my mom she simply stated that there was Santa in all of us. I believe that inside everyone there is a little of the magic that makes the season so great.
tink062570 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tink062570 For This Useful Post:
Chrysalis. (12-16-2010), SpecialK (12-16-2010)
Old 12-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #27
multisport
Married And Flirting

multisport has a reputation beyond repute multisport has a reputation beyond repute multisport has a reputation beyond repute multisport has a reputation beyond repute multisport has a reputation beyond repute multisport has a reputation beyond repute multisport has a reputation beyond repute multisport has a reputation beyond repute multisport has a reputation beyond repute multisport has a reputation beyond repute multisport has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea when I stopped believing but I do remember when my younger sisters found out. We moved to Chicago from NJ right before I started high school. We would drive to NJ where all our family was. Every year after packing the car up and getting my sisters in their car seats, my folks would place some gifts (unbeknownst to my sisters) under our tree in Chicago to show that Santa had stopped by our house in Chicago even though we were in NJ with family.

One year after getting on the freeway, our car died 20 miles South of Chicago in the freezing cold. A tow truck driver took us home and as you can imagine my sisters walked in our house, saw the gifts under the tree and after the confusion dissipated any remaining belief in Santa had been extinguished.

Ho Ho Crud!
multisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #28
SunnyD
Elusive Flirting Goddess

Thanked 13,370 Times in 8,219 Posts
SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like SunnyD Is God Like

What do you mean there's no Santa Claus? I just saw him at the mall
DomesticDiva (12-16-2010)
Old 12-16-2010, 10:05 PM   #29
Ivan
Lover ... of donuts

Thanked 6,231 Times in 3,814 Posts
Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like

In Italy the tradition is that kids get their presents on the Feast of Epiphany (January 6) from an ugly but kind old woman name Befana. Might seem strange, but certainly no stranger than a guy in a red suit with flying reindeer - lol.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:14 PM   #30
Amonte
Imma Rough Boy

Thanked 5,559 Times in 4,576 Posts
Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like

What in the F*** do you mean, "stop believing?" ?

!!!!
Amonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #31
Midwest girl
tatted up and pierced

Thanked 2,125 Times in 1,490 Posts
Midwest girl Is God Like Midwest girl Is God Like Midwest girl Is God Like Midwest girl Is God Like Midwest girl Is God Like Midwest girl Is God Like Midwest girl Is God Like Midwest girl Is God Like Midwest girl Is God Like Midwest girl Is God Like Midwest girl Is God Like

I dont really remember when I first realized Santa didnt exist. All I know is that presents always multiplied overnight for Christmas morning. When I was 16, that year my father put out all of the gifts before Christmas eve. When we woke up and found the same amount of boxes, I actually got upset, not because of the amount of gifts, but because I guess I still believed in the magic...and that year...no magic. So my father was quick to not put everything out after that, though he always rolls his eyes when he tells the story of how I got up and yelled, "I cant believe you ruined Santa!" when I was a whopping 16 years old....

what can I say? Theres something about the magic of season, and I love creating it each year for my monsters....

even when my husband complains about late night wrapping just to keep up the magic of "present procreation on Christmas Eve"....
Amonte (12-16-2010)
Old 12-16-2010, 10:28 PM   #32
Just A Girl
The Notorious J.A.G.

Thanked 33,790 Times in 20,895 Posts
Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like

I was really old lol....well in those terms.....I was 10 or 11.....I caught my parents on year when I was about 7 wrapping santa gifts but I convinced myself they were Santa's helpers. My parents told me that if I didn't believe Santa wouldn't come anymore, so I was terrified of not believing lol
Old 12-16-2010, 10:33 PM   #33
SpecialK
Hah Bumhug

Thanked 6,492 Times in 5,059 Posts
SpecialK Is God Like SpecialK Is God Like SpecialK Is God Like SpecialK Is God Like SpecialK Is God Like SpecialK Is God Like SpecialK Is God Like SpecialK Is God Like SpecialK Is God Like SpecialK Is God Like SpecialK Is God Like

I still believe in Santa.. not completely like the tales we tell our Children, but that Santa is alive in everyone and in the gifts and things we do for others during the holiday season... it's more of a feeling that we get during this time of year.
BostonDude (12-17-2010), Chrysalis. (12-16-2010), DomesticDiva (12-16-2010), flake68 (12-16-2010), Jelly (12-17-2010)
Old 12-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #34
Cristal
Rex's TROUBLE

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,708 Posts
Cristal Is God Like Cristal Is God Like Cristal Is God Like Cristal Is God Like Cristal Is God Like Cristal Is God Like Cristal Is God Like Cristal Is God Like Cristal Is God Like Cristal Is God Like Cristal Is God Like

What !! Next you are going to tell me there is not an Easter Bunny (
Old 12-16-2010, 10:42 PM   #35
Chrysalis.
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 8,909 Times in 6,216 Posts
Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like Chrysalis. Is God Like
Smile

I agree with KMike. But I also believe that the feeling is intensified during the holiday season, as it is the season of giving.

"Santa Claus is anyone who loves another and seeks to make them happy; who gives himself by thought or word or deed in every gift that he bestows; who shares his joys with those who are sad; whose hand is never closed against the needy; whose arm is ever outstretched to aid the weak; whose sympathy is quick and genuine in time of trouble; who recognizes a comrade and brother in every man he meets upon life's common road; who lives his life throughout the entire year in the Christmas spirit."

-Edwin Osgood Grover
Chrysalis. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chrysalis. For This Useful Post:
SpecialK (12-16-2010)
Old 12-16-2010, 11:47 PM   #36
HeadRush
Flirting Guest
I'm A Flirt

HeadRush Is God Like HeadRush Is God Like HeadRush Is God Like HeadRush Is God Like HeadRush Is God Like HeadRush Is God Like HeadRush Is God Like HeadRush Is God Like HeadRush Is God Like HeadRush Is God Like HeadRush Is God Like

My parents nipped it for me pretty early on: "We don't believe in Santa Claus because we're Jewish." He was just a guy in a big red suit. And I felt superior to all the other kids because I knew the secret.
HeadRush is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HeadRush For This Useful Post:
flake68 (12-16-2010)
Old 12-16-2010, 11:59 PM   #37
flake68
Free

flake68 Is God Like flake68 Is God Like flake68 Is God Like flake68 Is God Like flake68 Is God Like flake68 Is God Like flake68 Is God Like flake68 Is God Like flake68 Is God Like flake68 Is God Like flake68 Is God Like

I kinda know when I was four or five; I recognized one of my relatives dressed as Santa on Christmas eve...

Fast forward three years later, my parents had sat me down to explain about Santa and other life's mysteries:

Dad:"You know, Santa is not real."
Me: "Jeez dad, I know..."
Dad: "Neither is the Easter Bunny.."
Me: " I know that too...It's a big bunny, passing chocolate and eggs out..Of course its not real."
Dad: "...And the Tooth Fairy"
Me: "WHAT....THE TOOTH FAIRY IS NOT REAL??!??"

True story
Old 12-17-2010, 09:59 AM   #38
roddydog
I'm goin in!
Flirting Is My Life :)

roddydog has a reputation beyond repute roddydog has a reputation beyond repute roddydog has a reputation beyond repute roddydog has a reputation beyond repute roddydog has a reputation beyond repute roddydog has a reputation beyond repute roddydog has a reputation beyond repute roddydog has a reputation beyond repute roddydog has a reputation beyond repute roddydog has a reputation beyond repute roddydog has a reputation beyond repute

It was a day or 2 after the big day, I'll guess I was 8, and I was just thinking about it and realized Santa never brought gifts for my parents or any other adult. The more I thought about why that might be the more the horrible reality came to me. When I finished my Sherloc analysis I simply walked up to my mom and stated "I know that you're Santa so please don't pretend to me anymore." I remember being proud of myself for being so clever and yet so sad that life wasn't so full of fun mystery after all.

Now I tell my kids (teenagers) that Santa is real; he'll be there if you let him. They don't get it, yet.
roddydog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roddydog For This Useful Post:
wiscydmb (12-17-2010)
Old 12-17-2010, 10:07 AM   #39
wiscydmb
Flirting God

Thanked 1,692 Times in 1,355 Posts
wiscydmb Is God Like wiscydmb Is God Like wiscydmb Is God Like wiscydmb Is God Like wiscydmb Is God Like wiscydmb Is God Like wiscydmb Is God Like wiscydmb Is God Like wiscydmb Is God Like wiscydmb Is God Like wiscydmb Is God Like

I have never stopped believing...watching my kids faces on christmas morning or the thought of being caught by the Elf on the Shelf. Not to mention all the small selfless acts. An anoymous donor dropping a large pile of cash in a Salvation Army box, a neighbor sholving your snow when you are on vacation. Large or small, adult or child, those innocent actions, and giving to those in need are all enough for me to keep believing.
wiscydmb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wiscydmb For This Useful Post:
gdgrl (12-17-2010)
Old 12-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #40
litbd
gone flying
Flirting Is My Life :)

litbd Is God Like litbd Is God Like litbd Is God Like litbd Is God Like litbd Is God Like litbd Is God Like litbd Is God Like litbd Is God Like litbd Is God Like litbd Is God Like litbd Is God Like

I had a fight with my sister when I was about eight, she blurted it out.

Last edited by litbd; 04-13-2011 at 03:30 AM.
litbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:53 AM   #41
Strongsilent169
Married And Flirting

Strongsilent169 is an unknown quantity at this point

I figured it out when i was 11. I found a present hidden behind the couch... measured the box and the measurements matched those in the catalog of the air hockey table i asked Santa for. Sure enough it was under the tree w/ Santa's name on it. My kids are now 8 and 10 and both still believe. they love watching the "Santa Tracker" on NORAD's website http://www.noradsanta.org/ this is an official government sanctioned site so he must be real right? We still do the milk and cookies and i even use some baby powder and old boots to leave magical snow footprints that don't melt from the fireplace to their stash of toys. That really seals the deal.
Strongsilent169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #42
bravesfan12
Flirting God

bravesfan12 has a reputation beyond repute bravesfan12 has a reputation beyond repute bravesfan12 has a reputation beyond repute bravesfan12 has a reputation beyond repute bravesfan12 has a reputation beyond repute bravesfan12 has a reputation beyond repute bravesfan12 has a reputation beyond repute bravesfan12 has a reputation beyond repute bravesfan12 has a reputation beyond repute bravesfan12 has a reputation beyond repute bravesfan12 has a reputation beyond repute

I was probably four or five. And that was still too late. Even as early as two, I've never encouraged this belief in my daughter. My reasoning is simple. Throughout her entire future life, people will try to deceive her. "Boyfriends" will lie to her in an attempt to drop her defenses. Politicians will lie to her for her vote. People involved in religion will try to get her to drop logic and reason in exchange for myths, fairy tales, and outright lies. Friends, even her closest ones, at times won't be honest.

On the day she was born, I promised my little girl that she'd always be safe with daddy. Even when the rest of the world seems aimed against her, the one person she can trust 100% of the time is daddy.

Encouraging belief in Santa is simply too deceptive for me.
bravesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:22 PM   #43
8INFINITY8
Try Me ;)

8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute

Wait...Santa isnt real!!!!?????
8INFINITY8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:50 AM   #44
TJ1014
Married And Flirting

TJ1014 has a reputation beyond repute TJ1014 has a reputation beyond repute TJ1014 has a reputation beyond repute TJ1014 has a reputation beyond repute TJ1014 has a reputation beyond repute TJ1014 has a reputation beyond repute TJ1014 has a reputation beyond repute TJ1014 has a reputation beyond repute TJ1014 has a reputation beyond repute TJ1014 has a reputation beyond repute TJ1014 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea but I know I was relatively young. Now I know reindeer seek out magic mushrooms to eat in the winter. Maybe there is a Santa...
Old 12-24-2010, 06:23 AM   #45
Cadence
Flirting God

Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like Cadence Is God Like

The oldest was delighted when his Dad dressed as Santa, at about age 4: he got it while his little brother was completely oblivious. Middle guy as soon as he understood the concept of abstract ideas, understood Santa's place there.Youngest was a militant believer...I got kicked under the table so many times by my husband for dropping broader and broader hints!

I'm told that at four, I asked why the different Santas had different coloured eyes, and wanted more details than they were comfortable with as far as the Santa's helper story, so I ended up with the truth. As long as I can remember, Santa's been magic that we collectively conjure. Works for me.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #46
Mr_Happy
Busy
I Love It Here

Thanked 1,377 Times in 941 Posts
Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like Mr_Happy Is God Like

I never have stopped believing. Santa can be everywhere all year long. You just have to open your eyes and look around you. Be a Santa too.
Mr_Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Happy For This Useful Post:
Amonte (12-24-2010)
Old 12-24-2010, 10:45 AM   #47
Amonte
Imma Rough Boy

Thanked 5,559 Times in 4,576 Posts
Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like Amonte Is God Like

Santa
Is
Real
Old 12-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #48
8INFINITY8
Try Me ;)

8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute 8INFINITY8 has a reputation beyond repute

Santa is coming tomorrow!
8INFINITY8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:17 PM   #49
RisingSun
4.5% GDP Forecasted

Thanked 2,715 Times in 2,509 Posts
RisingSun Is God Like RisingSun Is God Like RisingSun Is God Like RisingSun Is God Like RisingSun Is God Like RisingSun Is God Like RisingSun Is God Like RisingSun Is God Like RisingSun Is God Like RisingSun Is God Like RisingSun Is God Like

When Steve Perry left Journey

It's not what they call you, It's what you answer to!
RisingSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:39 AM   #50
HIboy
Vagabond Gypsy

Thanked 1,007 Times in 825 Posts
HIboy Is God Like HIboy Is God Like HIboy Is God Like HIboy Is God Like HIboy Is God Like HIboy Is God Like HIboy Is God Like HIboy Is God Like HIboy Is God Like HIboy Is God Like HIboy Is God Like

I stopped believing in a lot of things a long, long time ago