Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Everyday Life For Married Couples

Everyday Life For Married Couples A forum for couples to chat about your everyday married life. This would be a good place for women and men to get to know eachother.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:00 AM   #1
Jy
Retired
I Love It Here

Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like
Default Childhood Memories

I was listening to the radio as I drove to work this morning, and a song came on that I hadn't heard in years, and it took me back to my childhood. I carried my transistor radio with me everywhere I went, the earpiece firmly in place. I would ride my bike all over town -to the library, to the park, to a friend's house- with my radio stored in my carrier or hooked on my pocket, singing at the top of my lungs. It's one of my fondest memories.
Do you have any favourite childhood memories you want to share with us?
Jy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:06 AM   #2
Feelgoode
Flirting God

Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy
I was listening to the radio as I drove to work this morning, and a song came on that I hadn't heard in years, and it took me back to my childhood. I carried my transistor radio with me everywhere I went, the earpiece firmly in place. I would ride my bike all over town -to the library, to the park, to a friend's house- with my radio stored in my carrier or hooked on my pocket, singing at the top of my lungs. It's one of my fondest memories.
I remember the ice cream man coming on a warm summer evening, and got my favourite ice cream with the gum ball on the bottom. We all sat around and hung out when the sun was setting. And when it became night time, rather than the adults telling us to go inside, they let us stay out later, and we just hung out and played. They had lit some citronella candles for light and to keep the nugs away as the evening cooled off. Very memorable of the innosence of being a kid, watching fireflies, and being around a whole neighborhood of friends that evening.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:09 AM   #3
yaser
Flirting God

Thanked 1,467 Times in 1,421 Posts
yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like yaser Is God Like

Quote:
Jazzy I adore you..When you divorce, please marry me...How can I forget a lamp radio which had a big case and which can be heard from a very long distance...I used to listen to it and one I told my dear mother that I saw the ladies and getlemn who talked on radio whih was my first lie to mom.You are triggering my memoires..My uncle sold 100 goats and bought a radio in 1950's...I have learned many things from the radio.And workewd as a radion program produser for 15 years and still love radio which makes you free rather than tv.Now I have been teaching radio broadcasting to the students.Will youn promise me?

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
yaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:16 AM   #4
Annie
Site Lunatic

Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like

My sister and I used to spend the summer at my grandparents house because my mom and dad both worked. One summer my grandfather overhauled the engine on his old Ford Galexy. He had most of it apart on his picnic table and I watched intently as he worked and asked about a million questions about this and that. He never once made me think or feel like I was bothering him or getting in his way. He was always that way, when I was with him I was the most important person in the world to him... always.

I think he's the reason I took auto shop in high school and then became a light wheel mechanic in the army. The memory of that summer and my time with him and that old Ford never left me.
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 01:12 AM   #5
cherokeered
this space for rent
I Love It Here

cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like cherokeered Is God Like
Red face

I mostly remember my grandfather...the way he held me as we watched tv...bowling of course....the way he calmed me when I had a nightmare...I had a bad one once and went screaming for him and he held me all night until I could fall back asleep... or the way he would make my cheeks red with his whiskers just to see me laugh and hear me giggle...I never had a real father so he was it for me...he died before I hit my teens...still cry about it

cherokeered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:42 AM   #6
Norfolkdave
I'm Being Punished

Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute Norfolkdave has a reputation beyond repute

I can remember back as far as six, playing with toys infront of my nans fire, and then playing out in the garden, with our little pitcairn dog called Sally. My nan getting dougnuts of the delivery men, and their carts drawn by horses, the beautiful long summers, oh it was heaven, now 54 years on a distant memory.
Norfolkdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:47 AM   #7
Annie
Site Lunatic

Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like Annie Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeered
...I never had a real father so he was it for me...he died before I hit my teens...still cry about it

Yeah Red I know what you mean... my real dad left when I was 11 so my grandfather was pretty much it. My mom had to work all the time so grandma and he filled in the gaps and there were many. Grandpa was my hero and he still is to this day. He passed away when I was 5 months pregnant with our only child. I still ache for him and think about him every single day that goes by.

Last edited by Annie; 04-26-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:58 AM   #8
sweet

Thanked 2,631 Times in 1,658 Posts
sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like

My best childhood memories include my grandfather as well. The first thing I did when I arrived at my grandparents house was run into the living room straight to my grandpa, sitting in his Lazy Boy recliner, and climb right up on his lap and give him a kiss and a huge bear hug. That was my favorite place to be. I wish my daughters would have gotten to know him before he passed away. He was an absolutely wonderful man.
sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:13 AM   #9
G...G
I turned into a lurker
I Love It Here

G...G Is God Like G...G Is God Like G...G Is God Like G...G Is God Like G...G Is God Like G...G Is God Like G...G Is God Like G...G Is God Like G...G Is God Like G...G Is God Like G...G Is God Like

Gosh.. How sad!! I can't think of any!! Except my grandmother!! She spoiled me rotten!!
G...G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:14 AM   #10
Barkiss
Primadogga

Thanked 3,065 Times in 1,711 Posts
Barkiss Is God Like Barkiss Is God Like Barkiss Is God Like Barkiss Is God Like Barkiss Is God Like Barkiss Is God Like Barkiss Is God Like Barkiss Is God Like Barkiss Is God Like Barkiss Is God Like Barkiss Is God Like

Jeez...you all are bringing a tear to my eye. I spent most of my childhood summers with my grandparents.

I remember going to their pool at night with my grandfather and his AM radio. We would listen to the Braves games (and this was when they were horrible, Dave Murphy Bob Horner era) while swimming laps. I remember the bats that would dive into the water to get a drink and scare the piss out of me, but never bother my hero.

I remember going line finishing with him and pulling out huge catfish. We'd take them back to our tents, where he would fry them up on an open fire. I remember the first time I had to go to the bathroom in the woods, and he handed me a shovel and some toilet paper. When I came back with a tear in my eye, he walked with me behind some trees, dug me a hole, brought over two small logs, which he laid on either side of the hole, and told me to sit there.

I remember the first time I helped him run for office. Standing at the local gas store handing out matches with his name and picture on it...I know, sort of weird handing out matches around gas. I remember going to the election day party and seeing him so happy when he won. I remember him pulling me up on stage beside him when he made his acceptance speech to a group of about 100 people.

But mostly, I remember sitting in his lap every night while he read me a story, and feeling so comfortable and safe. I remember his smell, the way his chest moved when he breathed, the sound of his heartbeat when I had my head on his chest, and I remember my eyes getting heavy. I never remember walking myself to bed...
Old 04-26-2006, 09:15 AM   #11
Annie
Site Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiacountrygirl
Gosh.. How sad!! I can't think of any!! Except my grandmother!! She spoiled me rotten!!
Well Georgia I hope it's because there were so many good memories that they are all jumbled together and not the other way around!
Old 04-26-2006, 09:19 AM   #12
sweet

Thanked 2,631 Times in 1,658 Posts
sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like

You're the one who made me tear up hun! That was so sweet...especially the last part... Grandparents are the best aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkiss
Jeez...you all are bringing a tear to my eye. I spent most of my childhood summers with my grandparents.

But mostly, I remember sitting in his lap every night while he read me a story, and feeling so comfortable and safe. I remember his smell, the way his chest moved when he breathed, the sound of his heartbeat when I had my head on his chest, and I remember my eyes getting heavy. I never remember walking myself to bed...
sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:46 AM   #13
sweetgapeach
Flirting Guest

sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkiss

I remember going to their pool at night with my grandfather and his AM radio. We would listen to the Braves games (and this was when they were horrible, Dave Murphy Bob Horner era) while swimming laps. I remember the bats that would dive into the water to get a drink and scare the piss out of me, but never bother my hero.

I remember going line finishing with him and pulling out huge catfish. We'd take them back to our tents, where he would fry them up on an open fire. I remember the first time I had to go to the bathroom in the woods, and he handed me a shovel and some toilet paper. When I came back with a tear in my eye, he walked with me behind some trees, dug me a hole, brought over two small logs, which he laid on either side of the hole, and told me to sit there.

I remember the first time I helped him run for office. Standing at the local gas store handing out matches with his name and picture on it...I know, sort of weird handing out matches around gas. I remember going to the election day party and seeing him so happy when he won. I remember him pulling me up on stage beside him when he made his acceptance speech to a group of about 100 people.

Awww, How Sweet !!
sweetgapeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:51 AM   #14
sweetgapeach
Flirting Guest

sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute sweetgapeach has a reputation beyond repute

My Grandparents had a Farm in Loganville , and we would go there every weekend .
And the best part was walking in the House and my Grandpa would light up and grab me and tell me a knock knock joke . lol
I loved him so , besides my Daddy I think one of my first loves .He taught me to drive a three wheeler, and Me and my cousins use to play Hide and Seek in the wheat fields , make homemade ice cream , life was so simple at their House. I miss that
Old 04-26-2006, 10:07 AM   #15
Dmy
Always dreaming!

Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like

Neat to hear some of your memories. Makes me wish I knew my grandfathers . Never saw any grandfathers of mine, they both passed away before I knew them and one was in his 90's. But was blessed to know one grandmother who is identical to how I see my mother now.
Was a tradition to open gift at my Grandmothers house with her whole family there on Christmas eve after a Christmas service. I always remembered getting pajamas from my grandmother every year it seemed, always sewn and maybe a shirt if not pajamas.
Memories I remember of younger years was to ride my bike to the my friends house about 2 miles on a rough dirt road to play or he'd ride to mine. We'd pester my older sisters and have mud fights or something involving a war between them somehow . Then tubing and swimming in the irrigation canal when older. Thats where I first learned to water ski...not recommended though...pulled behind pickup, you'd had to learn in a hurry ... lol.
Dmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:17 AM   #16
sweetgapeach
Flirting Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelgoode
I remember the ice cream man coming on a warm summer evening, and got my favourite ice cream with the gum ball on the bottom. We all sat around and hung out when the sun was setting. And when it became night time, rather than the adults telling us to go inside, they let us stay out later, and we just hung out and played. They had lit some citronella candles for light and to keep the nugs away as the evening cooled off. Very memorable of the innosence of being a kid, watching fireflies, and being around a whole neighborhood of friends that evening.

Wasnt that ice cream with the gumball at the bottom called, a Cannon Ball ?
Old 04-27-2006, 08:26 AM   #17
Jy
Retired
I Love It Here

Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like Jy Is God Like

I think it was! I never got those ones though. I would get a regular cone and give the bottom of it to my dog. He always knew he'd be getting it to!! He'd be jumping around and yipping right as soon as he saw the cone!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetgapeach
Old 04-27-2006, 11:08 PM   #18
MCat
Flirting Goddess

Thanked 1,264 Times in 824 Posts
MCat has disabled reputation

My best childhood memories are spending time with my grandparents.

There were 6 of us grandkids...we would stay weekends at grandpa's in the summer, ride the wagon while they baled hay, fed the calves, gathered eggs, played in the pond (gramp had a boat tied to a tree so we could just safely sit in the boat without going anywhere).

Fresh apple pie, home made bread, the tire swing. The perfect childhood.

Hope I can be that kind of grandparent
MCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:38 PM   #19
Seeker
Flirting God

Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute Seeker has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread, Jazzy!! I'll post a real reply as soon as I get this Mist out of my eyes!
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:54 PM   #20
Annie
Site Lunatic

Quote:
I think it was! I never got those ones though. I would get a regular cone and give the bottom of it to my dog. He always knew he'd be getting it to!! He'd be jumping around and yipping right as soon as he saw the cone!!
Oh God! Whoever said money can't buy happiness and love never bought a dog!
Old 04-28-2006, 12:42 AM   #21
lapsnshaks
I Like Flirting

lapsnshaks is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie
annie i dont think so
lapsnshaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:17 PM   #22
Jy
Retired
I Love It Here

Pets are wonderful. They're such good company and they really do love you unconditionally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie
Old 05-02-2006, 11:29 PM   #23
Feelgoode
Flirting God

Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute Feelgoode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep, the cannon ball, one of my favs
Old 05-02-2006, 11:38 PM   #24
Feelgoode
Flirting God

Quote:
I loved the old ice creams from the ice cream truck, all costing between 10 cents to a quarter!! Of course, the 70s are gone now!! LOL
Old 05-22-2006, 11:50 PM   #25
Jy
Retired
I Love It Here

I had an old memory come back to me tonight as I was putting my son to bed...We drove to see the fireworks display for Victoria Day, and our son fell asleep in the car on the way home. I carried him inside, and got him into his jammies while he was still asleep, and I had a recollection of my mom doing the same thing to me when I was a little girl.
My nana lived about an hour away, so most Sundays we'd drive to her house for a visit, and invariably I'd fall asleep on the drive home. I remember my dad would carry me into the house while I was still in a fog, and mom would get me changed into my jammies and I'd roll back over and go right back to sleep. As I watched my son roll over as I did years ago, that same feeling came back to me...that comforting feeling of being safe and sound and sleeping in your own bed.